Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The final episode of season #9 will do one thing we haven't seen the show address in years. It will take place during the winter and snow. For a long time the show has skipped over the winter months and only shows up til fall of the year. This season will give us a 1st look at the series in winter as the cast are all wearing jackets and being in snow.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I think the comic got there fairly early-the group, due to the cold, hunkers down in Wiltshire estates (which also appeared in the TV show's season 2 where Andrea and Shane look for Sophia, and another neighborhood with a similar name appears in season 5 as Noah's home). Unfortunately the place isn't as safe as they think (a warning sign about the community being overwhelmed with dead was covered by snow).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Some are speculating that the subplot with Eugene, Rosita etc. working on the radio might have a sort of payoff in the finale-that perhaps a familiar face might show up at the last minute, for example.

Also some have pointed out that Enid has a candy apple in one of her last scenes? Intentional dark humor metaphor perhaps?

hey, delurking here to ask a question. How did the folks that got piked by the Whisperers get captured? did they get captured during the festival? how the hell did no one notice these people being taken out of the Kingdom(that's where the festival was held, right??)

Been watching the show since the first season, have enjoyed it all the way even through the slow seasons. These latest deaths hit me hard, as bad as when Glen and Abraham were lost. Losing Tara, Enid and even Henry like that was brutal and awful.

I've been thinking the same thing, and the only thing I can think of is that she took Henry by force when he left Lydia the final time, and handed him over to a Whisperer contingent she had planted on the outskirts of town. After that I think she systematically played a similar game with the others like we saw in that scene with Ezekiel; talk to them, request their help with something, manage to get them alone, disable them somehow and then get them out of town to again hand over to said contingent she had waiting outside.

Its far from foolproof, its an iffy situation no matter what but its the best I got.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Maybe Alpha had some additional unmasked Whisperers mixed in the crowd. Also Henry was in a fairly dark movie theater the last time he was seen free & alive, it's possible some others were in there too.

Plus three of the characters on the pikes were attempting a rescue; although that still leaves the remaining seven.

Not to dwell too much on the earlier topic, but is it just me or was it slightly implied that Frankie and Rachel were together?

Also I think Alpha focusing on Rosita and co. before being interrupted by Ezekiel was a bit of a bait-and-switch for those who knew about the comics.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-26-2019 at 02:18 PM.

Even though I didn't love the pacing of this episode (having Carol leave, then going back to Ezekiel and Henry, jumping back and forth with Alpha at the fare and then with Daryl and the others), that ending was...holy cow. I just started liking Enid this season (studying medicine made her more useful), and Tara was one of my favorite characters. They must be avenged!

Also...first Maggie, then Jesus and now Tara...who is going to run Hilltop?!

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I'm talking about them killing off multiple gay characters. We lost Aaron's original boy friend Eric. Then Jesus at the end of the first part of the season and now tara. The bury your gays trope is a serious issue with tv.
    Don't forget Denise. I think TWD is more aware of their diversity quota, especially since this is a show that constantly kills off characters. Not only do we still have Aaron, but there's also Magna and Yumiko.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    - Tara : Crossed Alpha's path at Hilltop and acted as leader. Hence she had to die on the pike.

- Enid : The doctor teaching 1st aid training and Alpha saw her as a valuable member. Enid could have been spared and Siddiq die but Alpha made the choice to spare him as we saw.

- The Highwaymen : Encountered Whisperers and paid the price.

- Henry : Paid the price for saving Lydia as we saw.

- Rodney & Adeline : Both knew Henry , Rodney teased Lydia and paid that price.
    Then there was Tammy Rose, who adopted that Whisperer baby.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Also some have pointed out that Enid has a candy apple in one of her last scenes? Intentional dark humor metaphor perhaps?
    ...ouch.

I'm guessing Alden might be the new Hilltop lead for a while, he seems to be most senior character with the Hilltop community. Although they've also been focusing a bit on new character Marco a bit but he seems a bit young.

Could be Daryl though.

This may seem weird, but I would love to see a sitcom spin-off called "Zeke and Jerry." King Ezekiel and Jerry getting into shenanigans in the zombie apocalypse.

So the small summary AMC put out for "The Storm" did hint at an "enemy within" causing problems for the group.

Here's some thoughts...

1)Maybe another Whisperer spy like Alpha/"Debbie"?

2)Negan? We know he's showing up in this episode

3) Ezekiel? He didn't take Shiva's loss so well so who knows what losing Henry will do to him and one of the previews shows him distracted by Carol talking with Daryl. Jealousy?

(Here's the clip)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmDgesoet6Q

4)Siddiq? It's possible that he might've given Alpha some information or complicit in some fashion in order not only to save his own life, but also Rosita's as well, as she carries his baby. Remember Alpha was giving Eugene/Gabriel/Rosita kind of a nasty look before Ezekiel showed up. This also might explain why Enid was chosen to die as well, as a "trade". Siddiq having to choose between people close to him, ultimately settling on his apprentice.

5) The term "Enemy within" sounds a bit similar to the episode "Killer Within", which was the episode in which Lori and T-dog died. While Andrew of course was sort of the killer within, the title apparently has a double meaning, as it was Lori's pregnancy with Judith that ultiametly killed her from within. Rosita's baby causing some kind of issue? I admit I'm reaching a bit here.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 03-28-2019 at 09:36 AM.

BANNED

I have to think the enemy within is Negan. I would bet they end this season with them letting Negan out or heavily foreshadowing it.

There's a new clip on CBR's front page. Kind of looks like Negan's bringing in a bit of comic relief after last Sunday's darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I've been thinking the same thing, and the only thing I can think of is that she took Henry by force when he left Lydia the final time, and handed him over to a Whisperer contingent she had planted on the outskirts of town. After that I think she systematically played a similar game with the others like we saw in that scene with Ezekiel; talk to them, request their help with something, manage to get them alone, disable them somehow and then get them out of town to again hand over to said contingent she had waiting outside.

Its far from foolproof, its an iffy situation no matter what but its the best I got.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII
    Maybe Alpha had some additional unmasked Whisperers mixed in the crowd. Also Henry was in a fairly dark movie theater the last time he was seen free & alive, it's possible some others were in there too.

Plus three of the characters on the pikes were attempting a rescue; although that still leaves the remaining seven.
    thanks. I wish they had shown some of this, not everyone of course, but just to give an idea of how it might have gone down.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan
    It took me a while before I figured out how a candy apple was suppose to foreshadow her death, lol.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I have to wonder what things would have been like if they had kept Chandler Riggs around as Carl and let him play out the part they used Henry for this season like in the comics. I think having Carls head being up on that pike would have had such a stronger impact.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I have to wonder what things would have been like if they had kept Chandler Riggs around as Carl and let him play out the part they used Henry for this season like in the comics. I think having Carls head being up on that pike would have had such a stronger impact.
    Rick would have gone full psycho on Alpha and wreck her