Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So this episode begins with a unique twist...and Walking Dead murder mystery. A fact we haven't seen one since season #4 where someone killed those infected in prison.

-

-

-

-

-

- The ******* Savior is killed and being eaten . Someone stabbed him he knew and lured him over. Rick n Michonne are having a quiet family day together when they learn of this . The Saviors aren't happy.

- Blame shifts from Carol to Daryl to Jadis (who now goes by Anne) . Aiden tries to talk them down but is quickly punched by another Savior for choosing to stay at Hilltop after the war ended. As things look like they are gonna explode ...Rick arrives to make folks stand down.

- The Saviors after the war were told to surrender their guns and did so. Now Aiden brings up that they may need them. Maggie quickly says NO to that one and Rick agrees saying it could make things worse.

- Alone with Daryl , Rick tries to reach him over things. Daryl doesn't feel anyone will ever come together given what happened before. Rick appeals to Daryl by saying ...give it a chance to see. And ends with , "You gave a guy who left your brother handcuffed to a roof to die years earlier a chance."

- They split off in groups to find out what is happening sweeping each sector that day. After saving Maggie and Cyndie ; they learn Arat is missing now in her group. Someone attacked Bea and left her laying.

- Jadis we learn is talking to someone mysteriously over the radio who wants ...people. He tells her he wants an "A" or a "B". Gregory learns what she is doing and has been since the start when she had her group. She would supply people to this "mysterious" guy. Anyhow she has kept doing it and Gregory rejects her offer to go live at this other location. He gets knocked out by her as she thought he'd be a "B".

- In a showing of how far Rick has came from the last couple years , one Savior (who had been making trouble the entire episode) ...takes Carol hostage and demands his gun. Carol gets her knife ready and once free she stabs his leg. Rick could kill him but backs off and tells him to go back to camp and get checked.

- At the end we learn that the Saviors being killed are being led by Cyndie from Oceanside. The group is taking out those who killed their families and friends. She reveals how the group went along to fight Saviors because they couldn't forget. Then Rick tried to preach going along and building a future together. They were gonna do that til they saw what Maggie did to Gregory. That there are some crimes you can't come back from.

Arat killed Cyndie's 11 year old brother then as both Maggie n Daryl realize that she needs executed for war crime she committed. They walk off leaving her to do what must be done. As Arat is killed. Maggie reveals at the end she gave Rick's way a chance but its time to go see Negan !

- People disappeared by 2 ways...Cyndie and her group was killing people and now this mysterious voice instructing Jadis !
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So this episode begins with a unique twist...and Walking Dead murder mystery. A fact we haven't seen one since season #4 where someone killed those infected in prison.

-

-

-

-

-

- The ******* Savior is killed and being eaten . Someone stabbed him he knew and lured him over. Rick n Michonne are having a quiet family day together when they learn of this . The Saviors aren't happy.

- Blame shifts from Carol to Daryl to Jadis (who now goes by Anne) . Aiden tries to talk them down but is quickly punched by another Savior for choosing to stay at Hilltop after the war ended. As things look like they are gonna explode ...Rick arrives to make folks stand down.

- The Saviors after the war were told to surrender their guns and did so. Now Aiden brings up that they may need them. Maggie quickly says NO to that one and Rick agrees saying it could make things worse.

- Alone with Daryl , Rick tries to reach him over things. Daryl doesn't feel anyone will ever come together given what happened before. Rick appeals to Daryl by saying ...give it a chance to see. And ends with , "You gave a guy who left your brother handcuffed to a roof to die years earlier a chance."

- They split off in groups to find out what is happening sweeping each sector that day. After saving Maggie and Cyndie ; they learn Arat is missing now in her group. Someone attacked Bea and left her laying.

- Jadis we learn is talking to someone mysteriously over the radio who wants ...people. He tells her he wants an "A" or a "B". Gregory learns what she is doing and has been since the start when she had her group. She would supply people to this "mysterious" guy. Anyhow she has kept doing it and Gregory rejects her offer to go live at this other location. He gets knocked out by her as she thought he'd be a "B".

- In a showing of how far Rick has came from the last couple years , one Savior (who had been making trouble the entire episode) ...takes Carol hostage and demands his gun. Carol gets her knife ready and once free she stabs his leg. Rick could kill him but backs off and tells him to go back to camp and get checked.

- At the end we learn that the Saviors being killed are being led by Cyndie from Oceanside. The group is taking out those who killed their families and friends. She reveals how the group went along to fight Saviors because they couldn't forget. Then Rick tried to preach going along and building a future together. They were gonna do that til they saw what Maggie did to Gregory. That there are some crimes you can't come back from.

Arat killed Cyndie's 11 year old brother then as both Maggie n Daryl realize that she needs executed for war crime she committed. They walk off leaving her to do what must be done. As Arat is killed. Maggie reveals at the end she gave Rick's way a chance but its time to go see Negan !

- People disappeared by 2 ways...Cyndie and her group was killing people and now this mysterious voice instructing Jadis !
    Gabriel not Gregory
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Gabriel not Gregory

Ok likely half asleep here...i meant Gabriel lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Waiting to see how Rick/Andrew leaves the series.

Fantastic Member

I kind of wish they hadn't done the time jump -- because the way people are acting this season it's as if no time has passed from Season 8. It's hard to believe that two years after the Saviors surrendered that they still haven't done enough to earn ANY trust. it's hard to believe that two years after the war ended, the Oceanside crew is only now taking revenge. It's hard to believe that two years...etc. So if everyone is going to act as if no time passed, why not just make it that no time has passed.

I'm also intrigued to see how Rick goes out. I hope it's not in some stupid fashion (see SASHA).

Quote Originally Posted by frankiedetroit View Post
    I kind of wish they hadn't done the time jump -- because the way people are acting this season it's as if no time has passed from Season 8. It's hard to believe that two years after the Saviors surrendered that they still haven't done enough to earn ANY trust. it's hard to believe that two years after the war ended, the Oceanside crew is only now taking revenge. It's hard to believe that two years...etc. So if everyone is going to act as if no time passed, why not just make it that no time has passed.

I'm also intrigued to see how Rick goes out. I hope it's not in some stupid fashion (see SASHA).

Its hard for some to forgive. Cyndie gave her explanation on it as she claimed that she was gonna follow Rick's way of trying to unite with those who did wrong. To come together fully. But as she claims ; Maggie killing Gregory made her think that way is the best. Now Maggie n Daryl could have stopped that from happening and talked her down but they didn't. A fact that later ...were gonna see the results from it play out.

Given the rumors that seem to be open for Maggie to return eventually, I'm guessing that she gets taken by the helicopter people or Georgie, perhaps exiled.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Given the rumors that seem to be open for Maggie to return eventually, I'm guessing that she gets taken by the helicopter people or Georgie, perhaps exiled.
    Yeah I wouldn't be shocked if they leave Rick and Maggie's departures open/ended for them to come back.

Fantastic Member

Its hard for some to forgive. Cyndie gave her explanation on it as she claimed that she was gonna follow Rick's way of trying to unite with those who did wrong. To come together fully. But as she claims ; Maggie killing Gregory made her think that way is the best. Now Maggie n Daryl could have stopped that from happening and talked her down but they didn't. A fact that later ...were gonna see the results from it play out.
    Oh, absolutely. But it sure didn't take Maggie two years to trust Tara after the Governor cut off her dad's head. That's why I don't understand how after two years, NONE of the Saviors have been accepted by her, save the one guy who was accepted during Season 8. There haven't been ANY situations for all of them to come together? Negan killed Glenn. Her ire should be directed at him, not his people. (Based on her accepting Tara.) To me, it's as if NO time has passed.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiedetroit View Post
    Oh, absolutely. But it sure didn't take Maggie two years to trust Tara after the Governor cut off her dad's head. That's why I don't understand how after two years, NONE of the Saviors have been accepted by her, save the one guy who was accepted during Season 8. There haven't been ANY situations for all of them to come together? Negan killed Glenn. Her ire should be directed at him, not his people. (Based on her accepting Tara.) To me, it's as if NO time has passed.
    To be fair here there are several things that were different between Tara/Maggie/Gregory/Cyndie's situations.

- Rick and Maggie both had seen Tara stand by Glenn during the team the group was on the run apart in the 4th season. By the 5th they both felt Tara had proven herself as part of things even though she felt guilt for a long while over it all. A fact Glenn told her she'd have to handle that and go from there (4th season). Plus Tara also lost people and her sister/niece due to Governor. So its not like she didn't pay a price as well.

- Gregory had tried to betray Maggie and the group a couple times to Negan and even then was given chance after chance. Its not like a Tara situation where she had repented and did good for everyone. Gregory was still looking out for himself.

- Cyndie and the Oceanside people had long lingering issues against the Saviors. She details they tried to do what Rick said. But the anger and resentment over what Arat had done ...was there. It never went away. Tara didn't personally kill Hershel ...Rick & Maggie saw that. The Governor did. What Arat did was she personally killed a 11 year old herself. Its what made both Daryl & Maggie do a pause and go....ok there shouldn't be a coming back from that.

Kind of interesting we haven't lost any 'good' characters yet, just kind of unlikeable characters like Gregory and Arat (Remember she killed Olivia and scarred Rosita) and the 'new guy' who were barely knew. Softening the blow for Rick I suppose. Although some other major characters might die. I'm guessing Aron and Jesus are probably the most 'safe' since I think they might be building a relationship for them (I think the comics are heading in that direction too).

Wonder if Dwight'll ever return? Maybe he wound up with the helicopter group along with his wife?

Also Laura seems to have gone through a major change, as she always kind of struck me as one of the more loyal Saviors.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fantastic Member

To be fair here there are several things that were different between Tara/Maggie/Gregory/Cyndie's situations.

- Rick and Maggie both had seen Tara stand by Glenn during the team the group was on the run apart in the 4th season. By the 5th they both felt Tara had proven herself as part of things even though she felt guilt for a long while over it all. A fact Glenn told her she'd have to handle that and go from there (4th season). Plus Tara also lost people and her sister/niece due to Governor. So its not like she didn't pay a price as well.

- Gregory had tried to betray Maggie and the group a couple times to Negan and even then was given chance after chance. Its not like a Tara situation where she had repented and did good for everyone. Gregory was still looking out for himself.

- Cyndie and the Oceanside people had long lingering issues against the Saviors. She details they tried to do what Rick said. But the anger and resentment over what Arat had done ...was there. It never went away. Tara didn't personally kill Hershel ...Rick & Maggie saw that. The Governor did. What Arat did was she personally killed a 11 year old herself. Its what made both Daryl & Maggie do a pause and go....ok there shouldn't be a coming back from that.
    This is actually my point. I don't believe that in two years NO ONE on the Saviors has done anything that would make them be seen as trustworthy.

Hmm some things in watching....

-

-

-

-

- Michonne seems to want to keep herself in one world (happy family with Rick n daughter) while still being a tough as nails hunter as we see taking down walkers at night. She seems to see (Gregory possibly) hanging as a walker from a tree and struggles with this.

- The bridge itself is facing a new problem. The storm has destroyed a levy that is now unleashed water below and its gonna wash the bridge out. Eugene tells Rick that it won't last long and no real answer. He blames himself for not reading enough books to find the solution but Rick stops him and says he's not at fault over this. That he got them this far.

- Maggie plans to take out Negan as now it seems Jesus is debating the move and wants Maggie to sit and think about what she plans ahead.

- Carol wants to pull the group back to Sanctuary and that Rick will have to face it that the bridge is a loss. To add problems , Rick gets word Maggie's on her way to Alexandria. He yells to Enid to get word to Alexandria but she basically doesn't do it. Daryl is there and decides to take Rick.

- This of course is part of the plan as he takes Rick away but as they start to fight , they both comically end up tackling each other into a deep hole. Its when both get up they realize that UH OH ...things don't look good.

- Daryl reveals that Oceanside took out Arat and others. Its there Rick reveals to Daryl that if Negan dies he'll become a martyr to people. That they will idolize that. But Daryl disagrees claiming people are smarter than that and brings up Carl. That it was his dream everyone come together and that he's trying to live in Carl's world of things and he needs to stop chasing that. Daryl admits he would have died for him or Carl if need be.

- Jed attempts an uprising and claims that Oceanside is killing them (Saviors) and tries to take over. Carol lures him in for a shot as Rick n Daryl realize there is shots at camp. They soon have to work together.

- Negan requests Lucille after a nice heart to heart with Michonne where they discuss some things. Words seem to effect Michonne who finally gets asked about Lucille. But as she claims she doesn't know who has it right now as Negan believes she's lying. At the end alone Negan has a break down over it.

- As more walkers emerge , Daryl uses some walkers to stack n climb . Rick emerges 1st and then tries to save Daryl . Rick calls him "brother" to make that final push for him to live and crawl out. Its there Rick tells Daryl he can't let the camp go to save everyone. So he'll lead them off and he won't let the bridge take em out either.

- After nearly killing Gabriel ; Jadis changes her mind and lets him live. He awakes later as she left a note claiming she has decided to go fast and alone.

- Maggie encounters some fallen walkers . To end the episode Rick's horse gets scared of the massive herds merging and him laying DYING. Rick's last episode is next week !

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

I don't mind Rick dying, it just feels like I dunno, unsatisfying I guess? =/ it would be better received if Carl wasn't dead, and Rick's death wasn't so anticipated, killing the tension.

My hope is for a major cliffhanger where the injured Rick is found and taken away by mysterious persons to parts unknown before he can get home and is simply presumed dead by everyone. But leaving his true fate completely unknown. But just based on how the show handled such an important character like Carl with suck recklessness, its hard not to see them just simply killing him off. But with a different showrunner now I hope I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-28-2018 at 09:30 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El