Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Default Superior Intellect: Dr Octopus appreciation thread.

The old forum had one and the newest version is more focused to Superio Spider-Man era of Otto,but what about his biggest part of his career,as one of the worst enemies of Spider-man?

Dr Otto Octavius had many great achievements as an enemy of Spider-Man.

-The first one to beat Spidey so bad,that he thought quitting

-The first adversary that Peter Parker used the spider-tracers,signifing his importance as a villain.

-The first to unmask Spider-Man.

-The first Spider-Man villain who created a team for destroying our hero.

-The Master Planner,with his own gang and underwater lairs.

-The evil genius who almost became Peter Parker's Uncle(that fiend!)

-The man who created his own version of Masters of Evil

-The guy who threated to kill million of New Yorkers in his mad schemes and in Ends of Earth,he was close to kill 99% of human population just to make a point.

-The man who stole our hero's life and tried to surpass his enemy by becoming a better hero.

" I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Doc Ock has always been one of my favorites! He is one of the most enduring Spider-Man rogues, and when Green Goblin became an Avengers level villain and Venom became good, Ock was always 100% against Spidey. That's fascinating from my point of view. And, of course, his appearances in everything else like the games, movies, and television shows has been spectacular!

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Doc Ock has always been one of my favorites!...
    Same here, I've always enjoyed his character throughout its various iterations.

Special thanks to Dan Slott for making Ock relevant again after a roughly twenty-year slump.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The first iconic moment of Doc Ock, with Spider-man helpless in his arms.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post

The first iconic moment of Doc Ock, with Spider-man helpless in his arms.
    Seeing this iconic panel again makes me wish current Ock would remain "Superior Octopus". With his new body and tech, I bet he could make great use of his metal tentacles. Alas, it is not to be....

I agree that Superior Octopus was better and more daring as a move,but i guess Marvel wants to play it safe.

Original Sinister Six,by John Byrne.

The best Doc Ock version in video games.

Mighty Member

You have to give Octavius credit, of the "Big Three" trifecta of Spidey's worse enemies, Ock is the only one who doesn't REQUIRE some sort of relationship with Peter Parker or knowing who Spider-Man is behind the mask to be one of the biggest baddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    You have to give Octavius credit, of the "Big Three" trifecta of Spidey's worse enemies, Ock is the only one who doesn't REQUIRE some sort of relationship with Peter Parker or knowing who Spider-Man is behind the mask to be one of the biggest baddies.
    I think it helped that back in Ditko-Lee era, he was the top dog of rogues gallery.It's during Romita era and Lee inspiring the whole Norman-Peter drama that made the spot for Spidey arch enemy a disputed position between Norman and Otto.

Astonishing Member

From the OG Octopus incarnation, it's his first comic appearance, the 90s Spider-Man cartoon and the Spectacular Spider-Man animated series the standouts.

Indeed he is. Kudos to everyone involved in bringing Ock to the game world in such stunning, dynamic fashion.

Love that new look.

I have a massive love for Superior Octopus though. It's the sort of supervillain plan that makes sense and is something you know people would do IRL if they could.

Oh heck yes! This is easily the best boss fight and the best final boss I've played in a Spider-Man game, or any game. Insomniac did an AMAZING job with Ock.

The look it's like Spectacular Spider-Man Doc Ock in cinematic form. Also,i loved how tragic is the story and the path to villainy was for Octavious in this game.