Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i'd have to re-up my knowledge on ip-man for the rest.

mad dog beats him to death. bar none. rocky doesn't hit hard enough to really bother him and mad dog will just pound away at him until he stops moving.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

takamaru would massacare any one from rocky.

and i'd give him good odds of beating ip-man and rama.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    takamaru would massacare any one from rocky.

and i'd give him good odds of beating ip-man and rama.

Yeah Rama's crazy but he isn't Takamura level crazy and I wouldn't be surprised if he beat Ip either. Taka's just a bit further down the superhuman line than they are.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

He's also a cartoon, and therefore his feats aren't limited to an actor's ability to swing feasible choreography.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Yeah Rama's crazy but he isn't Takamura level crazy and I wouldn't be surprised if he beat Ip either. Taka's just a bit further down the superhuman line than they are.
    dude lifts a truck out of ditch, beat up five of the best boxers in japan in a barroom brawl and fought a full grown brown bear and won.

rocky wishes he was takamura.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Yeah, Rocky wasn't exactly superhuman, just one hell of a sponge who can take hits at his A-game. He did get better technical wise but overall, he's that kind of guy who can brawl...Nothing really special but he can sorta do it as his training under Apollo showed. But again, Rocky usually go for slug festing.

While his fight with Drago was insane giving he went round after round getting pounded...It's worth noting his career as a boxer ended because of it.

...These guys in Ip Man and Raid films would destroy him, even down to boxing rules.
    I thought that the version of Rocky who fought Drago was kinda superhuman. But earlier yeah, I think he's just peak human at best.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    I'm assuming we're going with boxing rules? Like are these characters allowed to kick and grapple, because this changes a lot.

Speaking in sheer physical abilities though:

Ip Man 1:

Kam Shan-Chu (Louis Fan aka the Northerner) He's strong enough to send men flying with his strikes and endure a full on barrage from Ip Man without breaking anything - the notable exception being a pole shoved into his ear which made him deaf on that side in the sequel. Drago might give him problems sheerly from reach but his constitution might be close enough to Rocky's to go the distance.

Miura (The Japanese General) This guy has no really outstanding feats beyond ruining some guys who were essentially a normies. I personally rate him a bit lower than the Northerner, but he wouldn't do great against the likes of Rocky and Apollo since his footwork was a bit stiff and he got wasted one-sidedly once Ip Man decided to take things seriously.

Ip Man 2:

Master Hong (Sammo Hung): He doesn't have the endurance to last; the Creed estate sues him for intellectual property theft.

Twister (Darren Shahlavi): I don't think this character is in the same (physical) weightclass as the Rocky heavyweights but his hitting power is pretty crazy. Rigging the rules aside, his skills are legit as as he sent Ip Man to the canvas and killed Master Hong before twisting things. He's probably closest to Clubber Lang in style but is much faster.

Ip Man 3:

Frankie (Mike Tyson): Given Mike is basically playing himself here, the basic D'amato shifts and shovel hooks makes him a godlike technical genius in Rocky's world. Combine that with his stupid hitting power, his style is impetuous and his defenses are impregnable.

Cheung Te-Ching (Max Zhang): He's more or less identical to Ip Man stats wise but is more ruthless in his applications. His beast feats are with weapons though.
    Were General Miura and Master Hong the weakest "opponent" that IP-Man has fought in the IP-Man series?

For anyone else besides Master of Read, who hasn't answered... how would the other Raid villains do in a fight against each of the Rocky boxers in the ring?

BANNED

And how would everyone in Rocky react to Rama's presence?

BANNED

Okay new question: How does Drago fare against the Raid villains and IP-Man villains (or is the latter already answered)? I'm going to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Fomble View Post
    Okay new question: How does Drago fare against the Raid villains and IP-Man villains (or is the latter already answered)? I'm going to bed.
    badly. very badly.

BANNED

Also no one seems to have answered how the Rocky boxers would do against the other IP Man 3 villains: Ma King Sang and The Thai boxer.