Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

this just shows you how much of a beast mike was in that movie.

not only was he able to go toe to toe with ip-man and not lose, but he was able to punch him clear across the room from his back (which anyone with any kind of martial arts knowledge can tell you is friggin impossible) but he punched ip-man's elbows with his bare hands and didn't seem hurt by it.
    Again it should be noted that Ip Man was going through a particularly rough patch mentally - IIRC on top of Frankie's (Mike Tyson) gangsters blockading his neighborhood, his martial arts school was foreclosed and his wife had developed ovarian cancer - and past his prime in this movie.

Nevermind that this isn't even the final fight of this film and apparently Ip Man 4 is in development. PAST HIS PRIME. TOO OLD FOR THIS ****.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Again it should be noted that Ip Man was going through a particularly rough patch mentally - IIRC on top of Frankie's (Mike Tyson) gangsters blockading his neighborhood, his martial arts school was foreclosed and his wife had developed ovarian cancer - and past his prime in this movie.

Nevermind that this isn't even the final fight of this film and apparently Ip Man 4 is in development. PAST HIS PRIME. TOO OLD FOR THIS ****.
    i know that. just pointing out how beastly the dude was. hitting the elbow is one of the worst places to punch someone as it can break your hand. frankie not only hit his elbows but did so repeatedly and it didn't really seem to hinder him.

BANNED

Okay, so the consensus appears to be that IP-Man and Rama stomps the Rocky boxers, would they both do if they both had to adhere to strict boxing rules in the ring? Keep in mind, I've seen people on other forums claim that Rocky IV Rocky and Drago are more superhuman than IP-Man is.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Fomble View Post
    Okay, so the consensus appears to be that IP-Man and Rama stomps the Rocky boxers, would they both do if they both had to adhere to strict boxing rules in the ring? Keep in mind, I've seen people on other forums claim that Rocky IV Rocky and Drago are more superhuman than IP-Man is.
    We don't discuss other forums here and their opinions really don't factor into threads here.

And Ip has experience in boxing against a cheating boxer who had the rules changed so that Ip couldn't use his legs.

Ip won anyway.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Man, I am always blown away by Rama vs the Assassin. It's such a good final battle, it just builds and builds.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    We don't discuss other forums here and their opinions really don't factor into threads here.

And Ip has experience in boxing against a cheating boxer who had the rules changed so that Ip couldn't use his legs.

Ip won anyway.
    Oh yeah I remember that, so true, but just to play the devil's advocate some more, do either Twister or Frankie have punching power that's equivalent to Drago's at ~1850 psi or something?

And what about Rama? How would he fare if he were to only adhere to the boxing rules of the Rocky-verse and use only his fists?

Oh yeah I remember that, so true, but just to play the devil's advocate some more, do either Twister or Frankie have punching power that's equivalent to Drago's at ~1850 psi or something?

And what about Rama? How would he fare if he were to only adhere to the boxing rules of the Rocky-verse and use only his fists?
    Well their punching power was not measured but considering the super strength both Twister and Frankie displayed in the movies, I'd feel comfortable putting them at equal or above Drago.

Considering Rama's speed, skill and agility? It would take Rocky 4 Rocky or Drago to beat him even then because Rama is going to be dodging around their punches and retaliating with relative impunity. Adjusting to just using punches might take time but once he gets used it, they're going down.
    Clubber gets especially humiliated.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Well their punching power was not measured but considering the super strength both Twister and Frankie displayed in the movies, I'd feel comfortable putting them at equal or above Drago.

Considering Rama's speed, skill and agility? It would take Rocky 4 Rocky or Drago to beat him even then because Rama is going to be dodging around their punches and retaliating with relative impunity. Adjusting to just using punches might take time but once he gets used it, they're going down.
    not to mention his insane soak, so even if rocky or drago land a solid hit on him, it's very unlikely that it would put him down, if at all. then there's that weird ablitiy of his to actually gets better the more fucked up he gets. he went from getting owned by the assassin easily to fighting him to a bloody standstill, despite being cover in horrible injuries from the 2 car crashes he was in and various fights he fought.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Man, I am always blown away by Rama vs the Assassin. It's such a good final battle, it just builds and builds.
    one of the finest fight scenes ever put to film. it's up there with bruce lee vs. chuck norris, the final fight in "blood and bone" and jackie chan vs. his own bodyguard in "drunk master 2".

BANNED

So even with strict boxing rules, it would take Rocky at his peak and Drago to beat Rama? Wow! Rama is truly badass.

BANNED

not to mention his insane soak, so even if rocky or drago land a solid hit on him, it's very unlikely that it would put him down, if at all. then there's that weird ablitiy of his to actually gets better the more fucked up he gets. he went from getting owned by the assassin easily to fighting him to a bloody standstill, despite being cover in horrible injuries from the 2 car crashes he was in and various fights he fought.
    Rama vs Assassin is truly one of the best action movie final fights of all fucking time, even more badass than John Matrix vs Benett at the end of Commando.

I wonder how did Rama manage to truly kill Assassin in the end?

Rama vs Assassin is truly one of the best action movie final fights of all fucking time, even more badass than John Matrix vs Benett at the end of Commando.

I wonder how did Rama manage to truly kill Assassin in the end?
    sliced him up with his own weapon.

BANNED

sliced him up with his own weapon.
    Was there anything the Assassin could have done to won the fight or was he already almost winning and killing the **** out of Rama but Rama was luckily fast enough to deal in the awesome final finishing death blow to him before he could get killed?

Was there anything the Assassin could have done to won the fight or was he already almost winning and killing the **** out of Rama but Rama was luckily fast enough to deal in the awesome final finishing death blow to him before he could get killed?
    it really could've gone either way between them. the difference was really paper-thin. my whole thing is that rama was fighting him with such energy and ferocity while covered in tons of cuts and bruises. he was far from 100% and yet he just seemed to get better and stronger the more bitched up he got.

BANNED

it really could've gone either way between them. the difference was really paper-thin. my whole thing is that rama was fighting him with such energy and ferocity while covered in tons of cuts and bruises. he was far from 100% and yet he just seemed to get better and stronger the more bitched up he got.
    So Assassin was dealing with someone who not only shaped up and became at least equally as strong as he is, but became something that got even stronger and crazier the more he gets fucked up? Like a Super Saiyan dealing with Broly?