Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    Well, if Superman has to be with a human lover for all eternity even if it's not Lois, I'd rather it'd be Lana.

Attachment 70887

I agree with you, I prefer that superman relates to some character in his mythology ,I like Lana Lang

Amazing Member

I prefer the love interest of superman / clark to be human woman and in your mitologhy ... Lois Lane ou Lana Lang i dont care but have to be humanwoman
    Last edited by Superfamily; 09-16-2018 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Really the innuendo was in the artwork. And artists always find a way to get their unspoken innuendo in regardless the actual situation, they've been doing it for time immemorial. Editors tend not to go over everything with that fine tooth a comb. Per writing however their platonic relationship was always very playful but not intended to be inappropriate. So I'd be fine with it returning just as it was like the last time we were in this continuity. What if Jon saw it, what if he got other ideas? I don't know and honestly don't care. Just don't make it an issue. She's his dad's friend and that's that.
    Also, don't forget that Diana likely has wildly divergent views of physical contact, talk about sex and relation, and the proper behaviour between the sexes than your average American. The boat discussion between her and Steve in the film should be the lower bound for her attitude and behaviour.

Astonishing Member

Superman is no longer in a position to be flirtatious with anyone but his wife, whether playful or otherwise. It would sully his character as many would see it as a betrayal and something unbefitting of him as many look up to the guy. His actions and attitude are the most scrutinised I have seen of any superhero. Him flirting with other women when he was single didn't ruffle any feathers, if it happened now, and especially around Jon, that would be horrible for the character. What other characters in universe think is irrelevant as long as his actions are beyond reproach. And I'm sure there's ways of showing his friendships with other women without him crossing the line of what's appropriate behaviour for a married man with a small child that looks up to him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    What if Jon saw it, what if he got other ideas? I don't know and honestly don't care. Just don't make it an issue. She's his dad's friend and that's that.
    "Gee, my dad has this friend he's openly and overly flirtatious with, he's usually like that with Mom...what signal is he sending here?"

If you don't see what affect this has on a child in a happy household, I don't know what to tell you..,maybe you don't have a family or kids, I don't want to just assume, so I'll just settle on the facts I do know, mainly that you don't care about Jon and never have so maybe you're being wilfully negligent of the kind of message it sends to impressionable kids reading the book based on that.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-17-2018 at 12:01 AM.

I'm not suggesting an overly flirtatious dynamic in the first place. That's how you've viewed the past but I've already explained how I see the past and its a bit different. But do I factor Jon into it one way or the other? Honestly no and you're right on the reason, I don't care. I don't' see the need for every little thing to revolve around him, I freely admit that. It didn't work that way originally with Lois and the marriage. Both marriage and friendships co-existed just fine. So I don't buy that the kid suddenly needs to change everything now that they've gone back to the basics of the old continuity before the reboot.

None of that would be negatively impressionable to kids. Hell it wouldn't leave an impression at all, because let's be real, the only people who bat an eye at this stuff and dig deep into this stuff is us, the adult fandom, not children. Kids don't care one way or the other about any of the stuff we obsess over.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-17-2018 at 12:39 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

I believe we haven't seen any flirtatious moments between Superman and WW simply because their relationships have evolved beyond their bachelorhood. Nothing can ever stay the same, especially when one is married. The dynamic has no other option but to change. I have read people say these two aren't as close as they used to but by close, how close do they want to see them? Some behavior from years past isn't really acceptable with the relationships as written today, that's just the reality. A single Superman can do whatever with whomever and there'd be nothing wrong with that. Today, he's married, to continue certain dynamics from way back when is just inappropriate unless that's what the writers are intentionally going for in-story. But this is Superman and I can't see that ever happening in today's climate unless it's in the form of a reboot and they begin again at the beginning like they did with N52.

It's true that we, adults readers, care too much about how we view Superman and his relationships. A child reading a comic may not pick up anything but I think that has more to do with children not being developed enough to pick up nuances in a work of fiction especially where super heroics are concerned. It's all about punching the next villain. In real life, however, I believe children are more perceptive than we give them credit, especially when it's about how one of their parent's behavior affects the other. A child may not always read a situation as adults do but that's not going to fly with the wife/husband depending on the situation. In Jon's case, he is too used to the close and happy dynamic between his parents. If Clark starts flirting like in the past and Jon is witness to it, there's no way he won't notice his father's questionable behaviour around his female friends, especially since Clark hasn't acted like a bachelor while married to Lois. Something like this never flies under the radar. It didn't in the past, it never will.

As long as Clark is married, I believe he will never flirt with anyone else other than his wife. Others may come on to him but he wont reciprocate. Others may even jokingly pair him off to other people, he won't entertain it and I doubt his friends would even do that now. It's inappropriate, especially if they know his home situation.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 09-17-2018 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    The same way they did an Earth 2 series they could do a new 52 earth series. I'd buy it. And so would other people. The fact is SMWW DID work as a status quo. It was not some idea that was just teased in a mini etc. It actually was IN the line for 5 years. DC themselves sabotaged it, NOT THE SALES. And the comparative numbers of new 52 to Rebirth shows that New 52 was not the failure some like to say it was. Fact it was a success and Diddio and Lee have confirmed that. The sales charts clearly show this. Rebirth had incentives new 52 never had and yet its sales and are back to what they were coming off DCYOU. DC have to use relaunchs and variants to get sales up recently. So lets not kid ourselves Rebirth is or was some huge turnaround in comics.

The new 52 took risks, had new material, new status quo, ...and people still bought it.

DC can keep SMLL in canon I am fine with that. It does not bother me. I just want options.

DC gives readers digital firsts minis and series etc during the new 52 and even during Rebirth, so asking for a smww title is no different to that. And it prob sell better than many of those do. If this was some idea that was just being suggested I'd get the skepticism. But we had the SMWW status quo. It was a success as far as I am concerned. What will make it viable is the creative team and writer. eg Soule clearly was better received than Tomasi. So if they did one title...then it would have to be someone who can write the dynamic and make it interesting. I believe it can be done using the multiverse. And grudging fans one title (like an Earth 2) because it is not tradition as some might argue seems quite counter productive to me. I'd take a SMWW book, and go crazy with the sci fi and fantasy ideas. Think like Thor Ragnarok kind of vibe.
    I agree. I would be totally in supportive of a new Earth 2, or perhaps they could call it Earth 52. In that world, they could tweak a number of things, including Superman and Wonder Woman's relationship. They could treat that world the same way Marvel once treated Ultimate. I could be a smaller, more condensed DC universe with only a handful of titles. In that world, Superman and Wonder Woman could've walked different paths that led them together. The same goes for Batman, Green Lantern, the Flash, and the rest of the main DC cast. I think it could work, but it would take some genuine effort on the part of DC and that could be a problem.

One of the issues with AUs is that it doesn't take long for the writers and editors to stop caring. You could tell with Ultimate that eventually, Marvel just stopped trying. They didn't even make an effort to keep things coherent. The only one who kept trying was Brian Michael Bendis, but even his work couldn't carry the whole series. That's why it became a joke. I think DC would have to do something different. They would have to actually put people on the series that had a vision for this world beyond just having Superman and Wonder Woman together. Unfortunately, given the recent shake-ups in DC and WB, I don't see this happening.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Despite I I liked Superman&WW, I never hated Lois, I wanted her with powers in N52 for give her more relevance..

I am happy for SM&Lois(except for the kid, nothing in this world can be perfect) but I never accepted WW with Trevor, is something that made me leave WW comic(with the exception of darkseid appearances) and like that the division with SM/WW and SM/Lois will continue existing..

There are things that many of us canīt accept..
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-17-2018 at 09:42 AM.

I think it makes a lot of sense that Clark and Diana are good friends and have plenty of interaction at work. Superman being married to Lois or anyone doesn't mean he can't have friends. If other fans interpret that as disrespectful to Lois it's their problem. And I don't think Jon minds unless Clark and Diana are openly flirting and trying to get in each others pants. That would be wrong. I can see Jon actually happy to see his dad has other superhero friends who support him. The rest is fan interpretation and projection.

Astonishing Member

There's nothing wrong with the friendship. I don't think anyone is against it in any way at all. It's the flirting that's the issue, or rather the flirting while Clark is married that's the issue. Thankfully that's never happened and hope it never does.

It wouldn't. Again, not outside of the possibility of an artist deciding to be colorful, which they are wont to do with a lot of things. But beyond that I don't really think its ever been an issue. Only reason it came up is because Miles' opinion is that it was an issue in the past post-marriage. An opinion which I respect but I don't quite agree because I always viewed it as more an artist thing, which like I said before is more easter egg-y than anything meaningful, because that's how artists can be from time to time, rather than anything that actual reflects the narrative. Indeed the question is always if its a thing within the narrative, and it never has been before. When it had been seriously addressed back then, it was never scandalous or inappropriate. Lois had with some jealousy issues but it was dealt with. Wonder Woman had dealt with some lingering feelings but was fully understanding and respecting that he was a spoken for man. If he's married, he's married, and the writing has always treated him and his various friendships as such. I'm well aware by now that, as a fan, if I want more than that, I'll have to hope for it elsewhere.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-17-2018 at 10:45 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

What about Diana and Lois openly flirting with each other? What would Jon think about it? Could it affects his puberty?
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-17-2018 at 10:50 AM.

Astonishing Member

Or Clark with Bruce....

Honestly, I guess it would the same regardless of who flirts with whom.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Default This shipping elitism regarding Nu52 Clois and SuperWonder has to stop

While I won't deny having my own preferences in regards to who should be Nuperman's true romantic partner, this "if you don't pair Nu52 Superman with either Lois or Diana you just don't understand the character" type of elitism has to stop.

It's just inane and childish, and it's just leads to pointlessly toxic shipping wars.

SuperWonder toxicity.png
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.