Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    BANNED

Shippers are an irrational bunch regardless of who they ship.

BANNED

Pretty sure we had a thread for this type of discussion already.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Clois-Division

BANNED

Annnd sorted, thanks mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    While I won't deny having my own preferences in regards to who should be Nuperman's true romantic partner, this "if you don't pair Nu52 Superman with either Lois or Diana you just don't understand the character" type of elitism has to stop.

It's just inane and childish, and it's just leads to pointlessly toxic shipping wars.

Attachment 72492
    First of all this was from part of a conversation from the smww twitter which I am one of the admins. Why it is brought here without permission I have no idea.

https://twitter.com/DianaAndKal/stat...02756065153027

This discussion was about the history new 52 Superman has with Wonder Woman which this person ( which if yourself) implied new 52 SM did not care for WW and brought Lana into this, again why I have no idea. The reply was a response saying SM and WW were together and snyperstrike pointing that out, does not make it toxic. Even DC is on record to validate the new 52 smww relationship. For anyone to suggest smww fans raising the point that new 52 SM and WW shared history is toxic is very unfair to the SMWW fans. It's like we can't even have what we had. Don't blame us for buying into a narrative DC actually gave us for five years.

Last edited by hellacre; 10-18-2018 at 08:01 AM.

BANNED

So someone in the Clois appreciation thread suggested that the multiple posts from the same people and flooding the thread with images (both new and ones seen before in the prior incarnation of the appreciation thread), needs to stop to avoid a further repeat of the forum slow down we experienced some weeks ago...I'm sort of in agreement with that as I can sometimes get carried away but the S/WW thread is now much larger in page count that the Clois one and gets away with the same thing without much of a lecture. Same people posting almost immediately after they've already posted, sometimes to quote someone (which they can easily add to their first post) and sometimes to swamp the place with imagery from instagram and, yes, the same pictures as seen in the previous version of the appreciation thread.

This isn't intended as a knock, but it doesn't seem fair to me.

I think we're all a little too competitive at the end of the day, so maybe we need to make a collective effort to crank down on our passions just a little.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 10-18-2018 at 08:50 AM.

Well, if the shippers got their way, it would be neither SMWW nor CLois, per amount of AO3 fics:

Diana/Clark Kent: 187
    Clark Kent/Lois Lane: 1469

It would come down to these two pairings:
    spoilers:
    Clark Kent/Bruce Wayne: 4367
    Clark Kent/Lex Luthor: 5880
    end of spoilers

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Well, if the shippers got their way, it would be neither SMWW nor CLois, per amount of AO3 fics:

Diana/Clark Kent: 187
    Clark Kent/Lois Lane: 1469

It would come down to these two pairings:
    spoilers:
    Clark Kent/Bruce Wayne: 4367
    Clark Kent/Lex Luthor: 5880
    end of spoilers
    The first I can see some merit in, but the second just no. Of course, Batman pairings on most fanfic sites are even more bizarre. The most popular Batman fanfic pairing by far could never work in any AU I can think of which would preserve the flavor of the characters and their core personality traits. I swear some of this crack pairing crap makes me ashamed of writing fanfics...
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-18-2018 at 04:06 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    First of all this was from part of a conversation from the smww twitter which I am one of the admins. Why it is brought here without permission I have no idea.

https://twitter.com/DianaAndKal/stat...02756065153027

This discussion was about the history new 52 Superman has with Wonder Woman which this person ( which if yourself) implied new 52 SM did not care for WW and brought Lana into this, again why I have no idea. The reply was a response saying SM and WW were together and snyperstrike pointing that out, does not make it toxic. Even DC is on record to validate the new 52 smww relationship. For anyone to suggest smww fans raising the point that new 52 SM and WW shared history is toxic is very unfair to the SMWW fans. It's like we can't even have what we had. Don't blame us for buying into a narrative DC actually gave us for five years.

Hopefully that person wasn't your typical 'middler' (or some sort of an actual one who's clueless on what's really going down here and not taking the time to understand some stuff).

BANNED

In the latest trailer for Reign of the Supermen, both Lois and Diana will share their grief over the loss of Clark together

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/10/...er-debut?watch

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    In the latest trailer for Reign of the Supermen, both Lois and Diana will share their grief over the loss of Clark together

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/10/...er-debut?watch
    Lois- I miss Clark. Smallville was a great guy!
    Diana- He was like the brother I never had.
    Lois-...Didn't you two, uh...
    Diana- Do not most siblings have such a relationship in Man's World?
    Lois- NO!
    Diana- Father has MUCH explaining to do.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Lois- I miss Clark. Smallville was a great guy!
    Diana- He was like the brother I never had.
    Lois-...Didn't you two, uh...
    Diana- Do not most siblings have such a relationship in Man's World?
    Lois- NO!
    Diana- Father has MUCH explaining to do.
    I know it's for a purpose of a joke (that does well to touch on the whole greek gods family matters) but I can't really remember a time when they said to each other that they feel like the sibling they never had to be honest.