Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    honestly I'm not sure we'll ever actually see him. Like mentioned: he's complex, and disney just got a boat load of rights to a bunch of X-Men so why dig that deep into the lore and pull out that niche of a character. I think at this point it's "fan service delivered" and we can all move on.
    We are not actually quite there yet.

I am expecting an Adam Warlock movie in Phase 4 which would be a science fiction version of Jesus Christ Superstar. Religious themes would be explored in it. The movie would be more serious in tone than Guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I doubt we'll see him, since he's a foil to comicbook Thanos, and MCU Thanos is basically Ra's Al Ghul rather than having comicbook Thanos' motivations. Anthony Stark works as a better foil to Ra's Al Ghul than Adam does.
    Maybe that's where they work in the Magus ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    he's a pretty boring character, anyways. no need to see him in live-action. we already have Stephen Strange and Vision.
    Well, they've already made Strange more of a quipper then he is in the comics pre-Aaron...

So.... an incredibly non-Deadpool ?

For me, they should never have done the Thanos story without a place - a big place - for Adam Warlock to be in it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    For me, they should never have done the Thanos story without a place - a big place - for Adam Warlock to be in it.
    I find myself in full agreement with you.

warlock deserves to be a lead character. i don't see him being a subordinate to MCU Star lord.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I admit that a part of me wasn't really looking forward to James Gunn's take on Warlock, so I'm kind of happy we might not get to see that unfold.

I think, even setting aside the Infinity Gauntlet storyline, Adam is still a fairly major cosmic character.

Yeah, but Gamora still barely resembles herself in the movies .
    Gunn nerfed Gamora so hard. But i have to say that DnA Gamora is also a bit different than Starlin Gamora.

Attachment 70682
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 09-12-2018 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    How about he never shows up in movies? I mean don't get fan complaints like this quite honestly Adam Warlock is not important marvel character in the grand scheme and the story he is most important in they just did. You are afraid how they will do Adam Warlock I think you have bigger thing to worry about.

Also Gamora isn't really quipping in movies and so he would be fine imo.
    Please read this and you'll know that Warlock is more than just Gauntlet.

https://www.avclub.com/jim-starlin-s...omi-1798270810

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I am expecting an Adam Warlock movie in Phase 4 which would be a science fiction version of Jesus Christ Superstar. Religious themes would be explored in it. The movie would be more serious in tone than Guardians.
    Expect for it to be true to the comics you are going to have to have a "David Bowie circa 1973" type as Space Christ/Warlock.

Does that sound like a movie that Disney wants to make?

Playing it arch the way that Gunn or Watiti would is probably the only way they'd even consider opening that can of worms.

Personally I'd be way more worried that Warlock without Gunn will never get done at all, than fearing the character will be handled badly to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Expect for it to be true to the comics you are going to have to have a "David Bowie circa 1973" type as Space Christ/Warlock.

Playing it arch the way that Gunn or Watiti would is probably the only way they'd even consider opening that can of worms.

Personally I'd be way more worried that Warlock without Gunn will never get done at all, than fearing the character will be handled badly to be honest.
    Don't get me wrong. I do really want Adam to be a more recoignaizable character and appear more often in comics (waiting for the rage of Starlin purists) and it's really unfortunate that Gunn got fired.

Extraordinary Member

I hope Adam shows up, played by Matt Smith. Matt has the range to give us serious & comedic moments.

The Magus storyline could span a few films, if done right.

The Universal Church of Truth could serve as the next evil cosmic empire, before they adopt some form of Annihilation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

It sounds like a movie I'd want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I hope Adam shows up, played by Matt Smith. Matt has the range to give us serious & comedic moments.

The Magus storyline could span a few films, if done right.

The Universal Church of Truth could serve as the next evil cosmic empire, before they adopt some form of Annihilation.
    I can’t quite imagine a mainstream Disney movie using a thinly disguised Catholic Church reference as their villains.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    I can’t quite imagine a mainstream Disney movie using a thinly disguised Catholic Church reference as their villains.
    Frollo in Hunchback Of The Notre Dame? Not even disguised at all.