Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Do you like batman solo or with robin??

Do you like batman solo vigilante or with side kicks ?do you like him friends with superman or enemies??

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.o...=0&w=284&h=193

I can take him either way, as far as sidekicks go. I think there's a lot you can do with both scenarios and I think they both say something interesting and valid about the character.

As far as Superman goes, I actually like them to be frienemies. They're brothers who love each other and respect each other, but don't really get along all that well most of the time.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

For Bats and the Bat Family; it depends on the story arc. But overall, I like the Bat Family. And, though it may be odd to say it since Bats is a human, but they help keep him grounded in reality. Otherwise, his obsession would take over and he wouldn't eat, sleep, or take time off to be "Bruce Wayne".

As for Batman and Superman being friends; they're brothers from other mothers. They don't agree on everything, but they always have each others' backs.

While not as close to Diana, Bruce would still see her as a friend as well. Being about Truth and Compassion certainly helping in that regard.

I'm one of those people that believes the Trinity ought to be like siblings in how they treat one another and how close they are. Close friends that, while they don't always agree on things, they will always help the other 2 out.

Back to the Bat Family; a lot of the dynamic of the family was destroyed with the New52. Like Cass being Bruce's adopted daughter, Stephanie being Robin even though it was short lived, etc. While, with Rebirth, Cass is welcome to Wayne Manor and Bruce clearly sees her as one of his, there's still a disconnect there from the New52 reboot. Tim, I'm not a big fan of his, but I don't hate him either. But shortly after coming back, he was shipped off to the land of Off Panel along with Stephanie.

Jason, oddly, has had the best development since at least Rebirth kicked off. Finally having friends with no association with the other Robins, growing past his death, and developing his own little family dynamic with Artemis and Bizarro that seems much more well balanced than almost anything he had with the rest of the Bat Family, barring maybe Alfred.

Dixon's Detective run has some great Batman and Robin stories. He made sure to put the detective into Detective in those stories and I enjoyed them.

I like Batman solo as well though.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Batman and Robin, yes.

Batman and Robin and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

No thank you.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I prefer him solo.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Depends on the Robin...

And of course some Robins I prefer solo than with Batman, like Tim Drake, before he got the personality transplant after Infinite Crisis anyway.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm the odd man out I suppose since I like the Bat Family characters much better than Batman himself and that being the case in answer to the OP's question I'd have to say I don't care either way. I will however say this I do much prefer when his relationships with the members of his family are good as opposed to when they are not. More often than not Bruce comes off in the latter situation as being a complete asshat toward the others and I've never cared for that depiction of him.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Depending on the story, tone, level of threat, which person act as an assist and which costume.

Like for example, I don't like to see any of the kids or the superhero undies in a world set up to be realistic, but I'm fine with it if they're supposed to be cartoons or the comic world with aliens, magic, science fiction and revival pool.

Another example, if it's a city-wide threat then I want to see ALL the family battling ALL the villains. That's classic superhero comic book fun.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-09-2018 at 04:22 PM.

Sometimes solo, sometimes working with others.

Solo
    While I do enjoy reading the many stories where he teamed with Robin or Superman or Justice League or Outsiders or Batman Family members
    or partner of the month in brave And The Bold, it is the stories In which he operates solo that I like most.
    Perhaps it is the way he operates knowing he don't have to be concerned with watching a partners back or even more knowing he has no back up
    and must operate at a higher and more mental and physical level.

It always depends on the story.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It always depends on the story.
    And the writer.

Incredible Member

Solos fit the grim and gritty stories while team-ups fit action stories better. Team-ups with Superman or Wonder Woman are good for stories where Batman is a little outside his area of expertise (like scifi/aliens or magic).

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

The Dynamic Duo, always and forever