Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

BOTH OPTIONS..

The last time that I saw Batman&Robin was in Shadow/Ninja Turtless where I saw how I missed them..

I'm grateful to both series for reunite them again.
    Last edited by adrikito; 09-10-2018 at 10:33 AM.

BANNED

solo or Robin or friendly neighborhood bat or the asshole loner take your pick. ultimately the status quo rules.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Batman and Robin[both volumes] are my favourite anything Batman related. King's arc's with had the boys were my favourite

The Batman is more fun with family.

I don't mind either way, but what I DON'T like is Batman stories with third rate sidekicks like The Signal, Bluebird, Batwing, Orphan, etc. trying to fill the Robin role.

To me, the Batman family is WAY too oversaturated and any Batman sidekicks or "Family" characters outside of Robin, Nightwing, and Batgirl are unnecessary, boring, and automatically take me out of the story. But that's just me...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    I don't mind either way, but what I DON'T like is Batman stories with third rate sidekicks like The Signal, Bluebird, Batwing, Orphan, etc. trying to fill the Robin role.

To me, the Batman family is WAY too oversaturated and any Batman sidekicks or "Family" characters outside of Robin, Nightwing, and Batgirl are unnecessary, boring, and automatically take me out of the story. But that's just me...
    Except, Orphan WAS a Batgirl at one time. Pre-New52, and was adopted by Bruce at the time as well. New52 took away her adopted status, and time as Batgirl.

Depends on the story. Robin and the rest of the Bat-family are great and I love it when they team up with Batman, but some stories work better when Batman is on his own without another hero to help.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I like the Bruce and Dick Batman and Robin pairing, and the best way to execute that for me was when Dick was in college. Therefore you have a valid reason for him to float in and out of Bruce's orbit, so they can be partners in one story and we can have a Solo Batman in another.

So in short, both I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post

Heh. For me personally, I just hate the term "Bat Family". It's too silly for Batman, IMO and works better with light-hearted characters/concepts like Captain Marvel/SHAZAM.

I'd prefer them being called the "Outsiders" (since they are all regular people who choose to work "outside" of the law instead of signing up and working within law enforcement) personally.

Batman and The Outsiders sounds way better than Batman and The "Bat Family" to me, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Except, Orphan WAS a Batgirl at one time. Pre-New52, and was adopted by Bruce at the time as well. New52 took away her adopted status, and time as Batgirl.
    I know. But she's not Batgirl anymore and as Orphan, has been turned into a very dull, useless, and redundant character. Same as Tim Drake. Dude was my favorite Robin growing up, but he's boring and useless now. So throw him in there with Orphan. Can't stand him either these days. He's technically not Robin anymore, so they don't know WHAT the hell he is or how to use him, yet they keep him around anyway.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Are they called The Bat Family in the actual stories though? I don't think I recall an instance where they're referred as such in canon and not just a fan name or the title of a book or story.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09 View Post
    Are they called The Bat Family in the actual stories though? I don't think I recall an instance where they're referred as such in canon and not just a fan name or the title of a book or story.
    When discussing what to do about Kate after shooting Clayface, I believe Bruce said to call the Family in for a meeting.

Robin is such a bad concept over a long term period. Batman consistent puts a kid a danger for no real reason. I don't have problem with Robin existing or batman training kids. I do have problem with in non emergency scenario Batman bring a teenagers to fight in life or death situations. Robin should be sparingly used concept. Before someone argues with me remember that a Robin died at the hand of his biggest enemy. How big of an ahole do you have to be after kid dies under your watch to repeat the process again?

So I guess for me, Batman should be solo and if he has a Robin,It should be someone that he is training that he really doesn't allow in the field.

Solo. Never understood why a grown man would put a child in danger or needed a child to help him fight his battles.

Man I really just don't get this whole Batman thing. Don't understand why some rich dude beats up on crazy and poor people.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Yeah, you can poke holes at the concept of mental illness in Batman comics, you can poke holes at the concept of Batman.
    Lets not bring real life arguments in to this.