Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Default Improvements for Stupid Villains

So I was reading about some Captain Marvel villains, and I stumbled on a character named Mr. Banjo, an Axis spy who sent secrets over the air using his banjo.

Not exactly the most intimidating figure.

But it got me thinking. Captain Marvel/Shazam is a magical figure who can have magical enemies. Certainly, the name Mr. Banjo couldn’t be used, but the alias Kurt Filpots could be used as an alias for a magic musician villain, who turns out to be the original Pied Piper of Hamlin. In my mind, he’s disguised as a street preformer (changing genre every couple of years, so he might have had the banjo in the past) who uses that alias to curse people. He also acts as a black magician for hire, kind of like a hitman, but using the dark arts.

Is there any other stupid villains you think could have a cool reboot? Any villain from any book can be mentioned.
    Last edited by SilverWarriorWolf; 09-11-2018 at 06:16 AM.

Zara, a Wonder Woman villain:

The past of Zara was that she was an Arab girl and wore belly dancer attire. According to her tales, she was sold into slavery as a child; which created in her an intense hatred of men. Using a flair for pyrotechnics, she eventually created a new religion (The Cult of The Crimson Flame), which had swept the globe. Zara rigged various fire-based effects to dazzle her followers and keep them in thrall to her. After her initial defeat by Wonder Woman, the Cult went underground; and Zara was able to scare up at least one follower to do her bidding when she joined Villainy Inc.

The lovely red-haired high priestess of the mystic Cult of the Crimson Flame, a "new religion" that has begun "sweeping the world". Its symbol is an eerie "crimson flame" that appears out of nowhere at the behest of the high priestess, hanging suspended in midair and inscribing mysterious flaming messages to cow the members of the cult - the so-called "flame slaves" - into abject obedience. Dr. William Moulton Marston assigned the color crimson to represent the inducement emotion that Zara was activating when trying to influence people.
    I'd just scrap that and make Zara an Ifrit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ifrit

I loved how Sports Master was portrayed on Young Justice. Basically like an evil Casey Jones from TMNT. Definitely a case of a lame villain made cool.