View Poll Results: What do you think of the new SHE-RA series?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Looks OK to me!

27 51.92%
  • Looks TERRIBLE to me!

16 30.77%
  • UNDECIDED! Need to see more!

9 17.31%

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just finished watching this and I am very pleased!

At first when we saw the She-Ra design I was also a little disappointed. Mainly because I grew watching and collecting toys from the old Filmation cartoons. But then when more art started hitting the internet I realise my first "bad" impression was only due to the fact that I had the look of the characters stuck in my brain in some way.

After a while I started loving the designs because they all have a nod to the past but still are way more rich, developed and diverse then the "all Barbie" feel of the 80's show. Now they really look like a diverse group of teenagers: skinny, chubby, athletic, tall, short, different ethnicities...we have them all.

Another major plus is that they all have such rich personalities. She-Ra, Catra, Shadow Weaver and Glimmer got superb development; they are now flashed out, they have flaws, doubts, feelings for each other. On the comic side the show got a super boost as well. Bow, Entrapta, Sea Hawk, Mermista, Scorpia and Razz were a lot of fun.

Some people are complaining about Bow but I feel that not only he's actually funny but he's also the heart and moral compass of the team, a capable fighter and very strong willed.

It is really a super important show for kids in general, can't wait to watch it again with my niece. She's super excited for it. It has some amazing role models for girls and boys, proving heroes are for everybody, boys and girls alike.

The world building is exciting for fans of the old shows but also exciting and mysterious enough for new audiences to love it.

The tone is also very diverse. Some episodes are pure fun, others are heartwarming, others heartbreaking. My favorites are:
    Sea Gate : Mermista was always my favourite and I think she looks gorgeous and I love her personality. She and Sea Hawk were golden for me.
    System Failure: a great episode for Bow and a very creepy feel. Entrapta became very complex and an interesting character in the new show. I love her arch.
    Princess Prom: So much fun as a concept. Flawless. Great interactions and action.
    Promise: The relationship of Catra and She-Ra is just amazing writing. This episode is pivotal for their shared arch.

The only thing I didn't like about the show is that Frosta's hair is not light blue and Castaspella's hair and costume colours overall are not at all like her 80's counterpart. Superficial complaints but it's just that I'm a nut for colours schemes and the Filmation cartoon was really good at creating good ones.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 11-16-2018 at 01:21 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...