View Poll Results: What do you think of the new SHE-RA series?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Looks OK to me!

27 51.92%
  • Looks TERRIBLE to me!

16 30.77%
  • UNDECIDED! Need to see more!

9 17.31%
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Netflix-DreamWorks new SHE-RA series -- whattya think?

The first teaser trailer for the new Netflix-DreamWorks She-Ra series has been put online. What are your thoughts?

For me, the simplicity of the character design is a turnoff. Filmation was famous for cost-cutting measures like recycling footage, but as far as character design and detail, I always thought they were second-to-none among their rivals like Hanna-Barbera, and I always appreciated the way Filmation kept all their animation work in America even when the others farmed it out overseas.

Anyway, once the story gets underway, perhaps She-Ra will be of interest, but right now it's an uphill battle because of the character design. This isn't anywhere near as bad as the Thundercats Roar! revival coming down the pike, but it seems too radical a change for me.

Is this really the look that's popular now? And would more classic looking character design really hurt things?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGPRpfwcIEc

Looks fine I watched the original as a kid and happy a new generation will get to enjoy the character personally I dislike her being younger simply because even when I was a kid I hated kid characters but I get they're trying to make her more relatable to the target demographic and say best of luck.

I think it looks pretty neat. I mean, my first foray into this universe was the 2002 He-Man cartoon, and this obviously isn't like that at all, but that's fine .

Is that voice in the teaser supposed to be the Sorceress? She sounds almost exactly like she did in the 2002 He-Man cartoon, but I doubt it's the same VA.

I also don't mind the shorts but I wish they had made She-Ra's skirt longer.

BANNED

Looks pretty fantastic to me.

Just wish it wasn't this Disney XD animation otherwise, it looks fun; waiting to see more. If they're gonna have a 'Sailor' transformation style they can be more creative. I love the hand punch for the arm bands though.

I'm was already fine with it, but I like that they call it "She-Ra and the Princesses of Power". Has a sort of symmetry to "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe."

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

There's no shading and little color gradation. Makes the whole thing look cheap and generic. It's 2018 and we're still losing out to Batman the animated series.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    There's no shading and little color gradation. Makes the whole thing look cheap and generic. It's 2018 and we're still losing out to Batman the animated series.
    I'm starting to think that Batman TAS had a truly insanely high budget for this sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'm starting to think that Batman TAS had a truly insanely high budget for this sort of thing.
    Now that you mention it, I think that's the case too. Wasn't it roughly on the heels of the '89 Batman? Or at least inbetween Burton's two movies? They made a lot of money so maybe WB thought it was worth it at the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Now that you mention it, I think that's the case too. Wasn't it roughly on the heels of the '89 Batman? Or at least inbetween Burton's two movies? They made a lot of money so maybe WB thought it was worth it at the time.
    Close. It came out same the year as Batman Returns (hence the blonde Catwoman and mutant Penguin).

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Close. It came out same the year as Batman Returns (hence the blonde Catwoman and mutant Penguin).
    You're right of course, I forgot, even though I saw all of the eps as they first aired. Guess I'm getting old. Or old-ish as I like to say.

But yeah I think WB thought it was worth it and for once they were right, it still gets accolades to this day, and comparisons (unfair or not) to recent stuff like the upcoming She-Ra.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    You're right of course, I forgot, even though I saw all of the eps as they first aired. Guess I'm getting old. Or old-ish as I like to say.

But yeah I think WB thought it was worth it and for once they were right, it still gets accolades to this day, and comparisons (unfair or not) to recent stuff like the upcoming She-Ra.
    it was a prime time show that bombed, they had high expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Bingo. As evident in the stills that came out months ago.

BANNED

From the look of it, it seems that Grayskull is still a thing in this reboot. When i saw that she found her sword in what appears to be Etheria, i was under the impression that she would shout For The Honour of Etheria or something like that.
    Maybe, a He Man appearence might take place?

BANNED

She looks like Ash Ketchum in drag