View Poll Results: What do you think of the new SHE-RA series?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Looks OK to me!

27 51.92%
  • Looks TERRIBLE to me!

16 30.77%
  • UNDECIDED! Need to see more!

9 17.31%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    BANNED

Fans of the old She-Ra caroon who have trushed the show will eat their guts out with a certain trolling episode from this season! ;p

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Finished the newer season. It was a fun, enjoyable watch much like the first. I like seeing the princesses interact with one another as a larger group, it's a good way to feel out characters.

While I very much appreciated the Dungeons and Dragons inspired episode, including it's light ribbing on the original series I did feel that it was a bit early in the series run. PoP has fewer than twenty episodes, that's a little early for even a genuinely good gimmick episode. Still, I always enjoy when a series experiments with art style in this manner.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Finished the newer season. It was a fun, enjoyable watch much like the first. I like seeing the princesses interact with one another as a larger group, it's a good way to feel out characters.

While I very much appreciated the Dungeons and Dragons inspired episode, including it's light ribbing on the original series I did feel that it was a bit early in the series run. PoP has fewer than twenty episodes, that's a little early for even a genuinely good gimmick episode. Still, I always enjoy when a series experiments with art style in this manner.
    They said the Voltron episodes that played with format were/are the most streamed, so they went and jumped the gun on it.

It was cute but didn't feel earned.

I've been enjoying the rest of the series with my daughters, that episode was meh to me. Niether good nor bad. Great series and excited to hear that it sounds like they'll be getting at least another 3 seasons!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    They said the Voltron episodes that played with format were/are the most streamed, so they went and jumped the gun on it.

It was cute but didn't feel earned.

I've been enjoying the rest of the series with my daughters, that episode was meh to me. Niether good nor bad. Great series and excited to hear that it sounds like they'll be getting at least another 3 seasons!
    Totally, and as a first time showrunner and lover of Dungeons & Dragons I can understand why Noelle Stevenson was excited to get the chance to do it. Since these Netflix seasons are more often than not split production seasons I figure she wanted to get it in early just in case they didn't get any more episodes.

Yeah, would have been better off waiting a bit. The episode felt very much like a Third or Fourth season kind of thing. Voltron waited until their Sixth to do a DnD inspired episode.

Looks like we're getting 52 episodes. Not sure how they'll be splitting those into seasons yet, but I think we'll have a satisfactory run.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Looks like we're getting 52 episodes. Not sure how they'll be splitting those into seasons yet, but I think we'll have a satisfactory run.
    That's what Voltron got initially and it was expanded after doing so well. Here's hoping!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Also being enjoying it a lot!
    Let's hope that the latter half of S2 will drop soon.

Hordak's plan is extremely intriguing.

Is that S2 part 2 or Season 3?

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Is that S2 part 2 or Season 3?
    They're just calling it season 3 with no indication of there being episodes between now, and that date. Netflix is weird with production seasons in relation to release seasons. I'm pretty sure that the episodes we have already were all produced as part of the first production season anyway. "Season Three" is likely when we'll be getting episodes that have been produced as the second season.

BANNED

How's the show in terms of viewship?
    I really hope that's going good because i really enjoying the show and i want to see a good closure in this story.

OK, She-Ra Season 3 consisting of 6 episodes has premiered on Netflix. Has anyone seen it? What are your thoughts?

Since Season 2 was just 7 episodes and Season 3 is 6 episodes, it does seem like Seasons 2 & 3 are part of the same production season, but Neflix just split them up.

Does this seem to be the case storywise where Season 3 just follows from the last episode of Season 2, or is there really a break in the story between Seasons 2 & 3?

I liked it, but it was very brief. Shorter than the last "season." In fact I probably would have benefited from a re-watch of the other batch of episode because as you say...

I would wager that they're very much a part of the same production season. Season two ended on what felt more like a mid-season finale, and the season three premiere immediately addresses the events. The rest of the third batch is in terms of scope a more proper season ending event.

It's very similar to how some seasons of Voltron: LD were released. I guess they see the value in smaller batches being released more often.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 08-04-2019 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    OK, She-Ra Season 3 consisting of 6 episodes has premiered on Netflix. Has anyone seen it? What are your thoughts?

Since Season 2 was just 7 episodes and Season 3 is 6 episodes, it does seem like Seasons 2 & 3 are part of the same production season, but Neflix just split them up.

Does this seem to be the case storywise where Season 3 just follows from the last episode of Season 2, or is there really a break in the story between Seasons 2 & 3?
    Netflix has done that with other shows, too.

I wouldn't worry too much.

Yeah I enjoyed it a lot too. Very excited to see where it will go with season 4 and the potential of more characters being brought into the fold.

So the final season launched today, and I watched it as quickly as I could.

spoilers:
    I truthfully never saw Catra joining the rebellion coming, not in a hundred years did I think the show would redeem her. I thought the entire point of her character dynamic with Adora was to deconstruct the concept of "love" conquering or redeeming all. I guess it was the opposite. But they made it work, I thought she was a goner as soon as she was chipped into the Horde's Hivemind. But after they rescued her all cards with off the table.

I wont go into too many details, and I'll leave the big spoiler for people to view on their own but it was a very good series. I could definitely stand to see more of it, but that's a pretty good way to end things.
    end of spoilers