View Poll Results: What do you think of the new SHE-RA series?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Looks OK to me!

27 51.92%
  • Looks TERRIBLE to me!

16 30.77%
  • UNDECIDED! Need to see more!

9 17.31%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I don't really understand how people gran an old franchise and turn it into something completely different. Why don't you start your own new show?
    This was not anything like the old show, they just grabbed the names to get eyes on this.
    This kind of critique grates on me because, besides it being a lazy way to dismiss any incarnation that's "too different" from the original source, it's not even true in this show. It's still the same premise. Adora's character arc is still the same. There's enough similarities to successfully make it a revamp of the old series. And honestly, change from the source is downright NECESSARY for adaptations. You need to have a new hook to convince people to give your take on a franchise a shot. You need to have some freedom with the premise. You need a certain degree of freedom to work in that series. It's even necessary in cases like Stretch Armstrong and the Flex Fighters, where the base property barely has any content to adapt from in the first place.

There's also the fact that original IPs or even adaptations of obscure material have a smaller opportunity for success. Shows like Kulipari, Niko and the Sword of Light, The Dragon Prince, or the Tales of Arcadia trilogy don't get the recognition they deserve because they're not from big IPs. Hell, you could argue the latter two even got the recognition they did because they were made by people with well-known previous work. It's a miracle Hilda succeeded as much as it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    It's on Netflix, you don't have to jump through the same hoops you have with a network.
    Netflix may give more leeway than cable networks, but it still has ways to go. The crew from Voltron had to fight with Dreamworks to even allow them to hint that Shiro is gay and had a fiance.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post

Netflix may give more leeway than cable networks, but it still has ways to go. The crew from Voltron had to fight with Dreamworks to even allow them to hint that Shiro is gay and had a fiance.
    WOAH, WOAH, WOAH! I thought they were married!? I took that scene as Shiro walking out on his hubby. Damn. That dulls the impact for me a bit. I like my head cannon on that one ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Weird, I didn't register them as Husband/Fiance. I just thought Shiro left his boyfriend that he lived with. Still kind of a dick move though. I can get why some people didn't dig how the reveal went down in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Weird, I didn't register them as Husband/Fiance. I just thought Shiro left his boyfriend that he lived with. Still kind of a dick move though. I can get why some people didn't dig how the reveal went down in that case.
    I thought the problem wasn't the reveal, it was when Shiro gets back to Earth, his partner is shown listed among the dead.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I thought the problem wasn't the reveal, it was when Shiro gets back to Earth, his partner is shown listed among the dead.
    Yeah, he was one of the pilots shown exploding. I can see why some folk found issue with that, revealing the main character had a same-sex partner only to kill them before any meaningful interaction could occur. It's just that Shiro leaving him in the first place makes him look like a bit of an arsehole.

Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

BANNED

I think it's like World of Winx, Regal Academy, Spirit Riding Free, Hilda, Korra, Strawberry Shortcake Bitty Adventures (and so on); a fun show, has great animation and good writing. Don't let the Y7 rating fool you, it's not just for kids.

The second season is landing later in the month, they just released a trailer for it at WonderCon. Not a lot to it, but it shows a fair amount of direct conflict between the Horde and the Rebellion.

Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Season Two is out today for those who appreciated the first season. I'm going to try to get through it over the weekend if I can find the time.

BANNED

It was three episodes shorter than Season One.
    Doesn't like this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    It was three episodes shorter than Season One.
    Doesn't like this.
    Netflix split the season in half so they could call it 2 seasons

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Netflix split the season in half so they could call it 2 seasons
    So we can expect a Season Three in the foreseable future?

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    So we can expect a Season Three in the foreseable future?
    Producers said seasons 3 and 4 are written and scripted. Netflix is waiting to announce more She-Ra because it will spoil the second half of S2.

I'm a few episodes into the new season, happy to say it's still going strong. Might try to finish it up this evening as others have said, it is a few episodes shorter than the previous one and it's a fairly quick watch.

Going to shout out Chuck Austen though, he's written some questionable comics but his work as an animation producer has been top notch.