View Poll Results: What do you think of the new SHE-RA series?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Looks OK to me!

27 51.92%
  • Looks TERRIBLE to me!

16 30.77%
  • UNDECIDED! Need to see more!

9 17.31%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Iirc BTAS was farmed out to Asia.

Incredible Member

The design looks terrible to me. The bike shorts look awful, should have given her leggings instead and lengthen the skirt a little and maybe some roman-like greaves to protect the knees and shins. The tiara wings look flimsy and 'plasticy', make them thicker. Not crazy about the shoulder armor either.

Age her a few years too. Not crazy about child warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post

She-Ra came from a planet of child warriors before she joined the good guys, IIRC.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    She-Ra came from a planet of child warriors before she joined the good guys, IIRC.
    Her first two mini-comics alluded to this, I think. It featured She-Ra, no secret identity, living in the Crystal Castle, foiling plots by Catra, meeting her cast along the way. The third mini-comic and beyond added Adora and the Horde. I kinda wonder if the cartoon will do something akin to this.

Kinda reminds me of early He-Man mini-comics. No Adam, no Randor, Man-At-Arms had no mustache. He-Man was just a man from the jungle, "his tribe's greatest warrior" who was gifted with his weapons, chest piece and boots by a green Sorceress in snake armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    The design looks terrible to me. The bike shorts look awful, should have given her leggings instead and lengthen the skirt a little and maybe some roman-like greaves to protect the knees and shins. The tiara wings look flimsy and 'plasticy', make them thicker. Not crazy about the shoulder armor either.

So basically the Supergirl look .

Although I guess I get the shorts, but I still would've made the skirt longer.

Astonishing Member

Looks terrible.
    I would rather see a new He-Man cartoon.

OK, the new She-Ra and the Princesses of Power premiered today on Netflix rather than the usual Friday debut.

Has anyone seen this? Now that we have the full season to judge, I was wondering how this stacks up. I'm thinking storywise, it will be better because cartoons tend to be deeper today, but artwise are the new character designs and animation acceptable to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    OK, the new She-Ra and the Princesses of Power premiered today on Netflix rather than the usual Friday debut.

Has anyone seen this? Now that we have the full season to judge, I was wondering how this stacks up. I'm thinking storywise, it will be better because cartoons tend to be deeper today, but artwise are the new character designs and animation acceptable to you?
    Five episodes in so far and I personally adore it. The characters are a lot of fun. Animation's solid and I think the character designs all look real cool (omg different body proportions? Madness!!). Good world building and the little nods to the old show I think is fun.

As far as new character designs so far I think my favorites are Netossa and Scorpia.
    Last edited by Jeremi; 11-13-2018 at 01:53 PM.

BANNED

I'm generally following Clownfish TV's reactions to this
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 11-13-2018 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Five episodes in so far and I personally adore it. The characters are a lot of fun. Animation's solid and I think the character designs all look real cool (omg different body proportions? Madness!!). Good world building and the little nods to the old show I think is fun.

As far as new character designs so far I think my favorites are Netossa and Scorpia.
    Lumberjanes' Noelle Stevenson is on the She-Ra show as producer I think. So that explains all that you just said.

I promised to wait to watch the show with my oldest daughter after school. Your comment makes me happy because she's super pumped!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Lumberjanes' Noelle Stevenson is on the She-Ra show as producer I think. So that explains all that you just said.

I promised to wait to watch the show with my oldest daughter after school. Your comment makes me happy because she's super pumped!
    She is yeah! I've been enjoying Lumberjanes a lot too so I was excited to hear that she was the showrunner for She-Ra.

Well I watched the frist 2 episodes with my daughter. I liked the intro to the series better than I did Voltron (Voltron had too many anime styles in it for my taste but overall, Voltron is the best sci-fi of the 2010s IMHO.). Plus it wasn't a movie ... it was a 2 part episode.

My daughter is not one to request things to watch and well ... she requested an episode 1st thing this morning before school. Safe to say, she loves it!

I dig the art style and love that it's a girl show for all girls. It's not a sexed-up show for boys. That being said, my son seems to enjoy watching it, too.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Watched it over the past two days, I enjoyed it. The designs are a bit hit or miss, but even the misses definitely grow on you. Every character is visually unique, with a personality to match. It's fairly funny, and fairly action packed (For a Y7 rating anyway). It even did a good job at divorcing itself from MOTU while leaving the possibility of a connection being later established. You can tell a lot of love went into the show.

It's not the greatest animated Netflix original ("Hilda" would probably be granted that title), but it's unquestionably better than the original series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Watched it over the past two days, I enjoyed it. The designs are a bit hit or miss, but even the misses definitely grow on you. Every character is visually unique, with a personality to match. It's fairly funny, and fairly action packed (For a Y7 rating anyway). It even did a good job at divorcing itself from MOTU while leaving the possibility of a connection being later established. You can tell a lot of love went into the show.

It's not the greatest animated Netflix original ("Hilda" would probably be granted that title), but it's unquestionably better than the original series.
    The show does not leave a possiblity of connection with He-Man. It is connected. The question is if they decide to explore the connection later.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    It's unquestionably better than the original series.
    ROFL. No.

I rewatched a couple of older episode on YT and found it vastly superior to this tumblr-bait garbage