Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Ha! Oh, gods, I forgot all about that!

Just keep reading.

As Deku said, the title doesn't really hit its stride until the Gates run. That's when it becomes consistently solid. Until then it's really rocky.
    I'm confused. There was a flashback to a powerless Clark Kent. When and what story arch was that?

Also what's Lois deal? She looks like she came straight from the G.I. Joe cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Leopard View Post
    I'm confused. There was a flashback to a powerless Clark Kent. When and what story arch was that?

Also what's Lois deal? She looks like she came straight from the G.I. Joe cartoon.
    Sounds like Superman - The Wedding and Beyond (collects issues of Supermans Wedding album and several other issues from different series which are actually one story) from 1996; but that was Matrix/Linda Danvers era Supergirl; Kara was still dead (well, SG Kara. PG Kara was around though). But neither SG version or PG was present in any of these issues AFAIK.

Reading that issue with Reactron I realized how brazenly CW screwed up that character in the Supergirl show. Like....they can't even have him hold any kind of minor resemblance to his comic counterpart?

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Reading that issue with Reactron I realized how brazenly CW screwed up that character in the Supergirl show. Like....they can't even have him hold any kind of minor resemblance to his comic counterpart?
    The Arrowverse in a nutshell sometimes .

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Sounds like Superman - The Wedding and Beyond (collects issues of Supermans Wedding album and several other issues from different series which are actually one story) from 1996; but that was Matrix/Linda Danvers era Supergirl; Kara was still dead (well, SG Kara. PG Kara was around though). But neither SG version or PG was present in any of these issues AFAIK.

I think it was more recent than 96. She was flashbacks or dreams of her dad telling her now was the perfect time to kill him now that he was powerless.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Could’ve been Infinite Crisis where Clark didn’t have powers for a year after ?

On the subject of Supergirl volume five, the sad thing is Sterling Gates jrecently said
    I was fired off Supergirl summer of 2010. I was told the higher-ups felt I "wrote her like a 40-year-old woman," and they wanted someone who could write an angrier, "more youthful" Kara. I cried in the parking lot of a Subway while stress eating a meatball sub.
    And I mean, I just don't think that's true of the writing. I even liked volume six but the point to bringing her back was getting the classic pre-crisis character, and for that I think he did the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Could’ve been Infinite Crisis where Clark didn’t have powers for a year after ?

On the subject of Supergirl volume five, the sad thing is Sterling Gates jrecently said

And I mean, I just don't think that's true of the writing. I even liked volume six but the point to bringing her back was getting the classic pre-crisis character, and for that I think he did the best.
    What issue does Gates run start on?

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    He was nuclear powered and a tough foe for Supergirl. He even knocked her out like in the comic book. What more did you want? Obviously they couldn't have the Doom Patrol as part of the story.
    At least the TV show gave him an origin and a motivation and made him a little more realistic.

What. The. Hell?

The Amazons are trying to kill the US President? This story came out of nowhere. Is this connected to another big crossover event?