Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Dead Birds (2004) I think it was straight to video. It has Michael Shannon, Patrick Fugit, Henry Thomas, Nikki Aycox. It's Lovecraftian horror set in the Civil War.

Retired

Speaking of dead birds, I wonder if anyone besides me (and my small circle of friends) has ever seen THE FALLS (1980) from Peter Greenaway. You could call it a horror movie, although its weird style makes it difficult to pigeon hole.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

From the Land of the Rising Sun:

Tomie (1998): A gorgeous teenage demon who can't die, not even after being chopped up seduces high school boys to their doom.
    Ringu (1998): A cursed videotape results in people dying seven days after watching it. It was remade in the U.S. as The Ring.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 01-07-2019 at 02:10 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I guess this longtime favorite can be categorized as a horror movie:

The Car (1977): James Brolin starred as the sheriff of a small desert town menaced by a demonic, driverless car.

Incredible Member

THE PROWLER(1981). Slasher from 1981 from director Joseph Zito , with some nasty gory bits from the Wizard of Gore himself, Tom Savini. Zito and Savini would work again on FRIDAY THE 13TH:THE FINAL CHAPTER in '84. Reminded of this flick because Zito became more known afterwards for directing a slew of Chuck Norris action flicks in the 80's. The first two MISSING IN ACTION flicks, and INVASION U.S.A.which were featured on HD Net Non Stop Norris marathon.
    Also shown was the 1982 flick, which Norris flirted with horror, sci-fi, SILENT RAGE. In which a man who snaps chops up his family with an axe, is supposedly shot and killed by the town sheriff played by Norris. Only for the killer ,played quite effectively by Brian Libby, to be the subject of an experiment by a trio of doctors working at the hospital which grant the killer a superhuman level of healing. The flick's score added a bit to the film's creepiness as well. And is oft overlooked by horror fans.

Silent Rage is a sleeper classic. Easily the best Chuck Norris film. He actually got to do a lot of what he does well in that one.

It's also one of those films where I wind up thinking "Seriously, how did this get all the way to being made?"

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Silent Rage is a sleeper classic. Easily the best Chuck Norris film. He actually got to do a lot of what he does well in that one.
    Better than Invasion U.S.A. or The Delta Force? Bite your tongue, sir!