Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Best of the Worst is a good source for little known horror flicks.
    You mean like They Bite, Suburban Sasquatch and Curse of the Wolf?

Astonishing Member

First horror movie i can think of is Critters.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Damn right I do.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Best of the Worst is a good source for little known horror flicks.
    That's a great show. I was only surprised that they didn't see Xtro. That's an underrated horror movie.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The Addiction:(1995) Could be a vampire film. Haven't made up my mind yet. Christopher Walken is pretty great in it.
    Excellent movie, excellent choice. One of the best vampire movies as far as I'm concerned. Great cast, great director.

I'll also say I don't think this is obscure to horror movie fans but to most people, there's a movie called Let the Right One In that is another amazing vampire movie. There was an american re-make I've never seen but whatever the original one was (came out in 2008) is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Suburban Sasquatch is an amazing movie hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    Excellent movie, excellent choice. One of the best vampire movies as far as I'm concerned. Great cast, great director.

I'll also say I don't think this is obscure to horror movie fans but to most people
    , there's a movie called Let the Right One In that is another amazing vampire movie. There was an american re-make I've never seen but whatever the original one was (came out in 2008) is excellent.
    On that...

A few films from the thread(The Hitcher/Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer/Let The Right One In) seem like they are right on the line where the general public might be aware of them.

Ravenous feels like it's right where the "Obscure" line starts.

As for Let The Right One In, I wouldn't even bother with the "Horror" sub-category. It is a pretty brilliant film, bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    On that...

A few films from the thread(The Hitcher/Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer/Let The Right One In) seem like they are right on the line where the general public might be aware of them.

Ravenous feels like it's right where the "Obscure" line starts.

As for Let The Right One In, I wouldn't even bother with the "Horror" sub-category. It is a pretty brilliant film, bar none.
    The general public has no idea what those three movies are.

The general public has no idea what those three movies are.
    The American remake of Let The Right One In is known a bit.

Mainly cause Moretz is in the casting.

Noroi
    Session 9
    Absentia
    Home movie
    The Ordeal

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

That's a great show. I was only surprised that they didn't see Xtro. That's an underrated horror movie.
    Xtro = Episode 3 of Best of the Worst

Incredible Member

Scarecrows(1988)- a horror flick dealing with a group of robbers who pulled off a heist involving military payroll. They make their escape by hijacking a plane. But when things are looking like they're free and clear, one of the band of robbers steals the booty by parachuting out of the plane. He lands around an abandoned farm, which is dotted with scarecrows all over the place. He tries to flee when his compatriots land and come after him, but is killed by on the scarecrows. And his former partners in crime find themselves in dire straits soon after.

Haha! A friend of mine's been somewhat obsessed with Scarecrows since he watched it 30 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    EQUINOX. A 1970 low budget horror film. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equinox_(film)

I watched this movie like 10 years ago. They showed it on TV. I don't know why I started watching but I did. Maybe something about it really caught my attention. It looked really cheap and the acting wasn't great, but it was quite intriguing! I think it's on youtube. I really want to see it again. I remember this character who was a demon, he had some really creepy eyes! I never forgot him...
    In my estimation, this is a fine, very underrated occult-flavored horror film. Yes, the effects are archaic, but that's part of the appeal. The film takes its subject matter seriously, and it does boast a cameo by the late great Fritz Leiber.

5 Million Years to Earth. Otherwise known as Quartermass and the Pit. Excellent 3rd act with a lot of collateral damage in the London subway. Probably more sci-fi, I feel it tows the line, not the gore of others but a guy does melt to death. Telekinetic alien locusts baby!

Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.