Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Bio-Hunter. Anime from the blokes at Madhouse Studios. Who also made the Marvel Animes, IRON MAN, BLADE, WOLVERINE, and X-MEN . And from the director of such hellacool animes like Ninja Scroll, Wicked City, and VAMPIRE HUNTER D:BLOODLUST. The story basically centers around two college professors of bio-chemistry who investigate a mutagenic virus called the Demon Virus. They investigate various cases of people infected with it, and try to cure them of the disease that turns them into flesh eating monstrosities. Unfortunately one of them is infected with the Demon Virus, has some control over his transformation, and also can sense the presence of the virus. Things start getting really dangerous for the two when helping a the grand daughter of a renowned fortune teller. Who's been in hiding after reports of series of horrendous killings of young women occur. Here's the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Speaking of 80s horror movie styles, Waxwork is a favorite of mine. Not sure it would be considered as obscure, though. But Michelle Johnson - woo woo!
    Geeze, I can't say I've thought of that movie since the first (last) time I watched it a couple decades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Speaking of 80s horror movie styles, Waxwork is a favorite of mine. Not sure it would be considered as obscure, though. But Michelle Johnson - woo woo!
    Don't forget waxwork 2 lost in time!

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Annihilation- Natalie Portman

Deep Rising- Treat Williams
    kinda miss the era of action horror films.
    Good chemistry between the three main characters. Thought there would be a sequel to see how/if they survived on that island.

Prince of Darkness (1987) - Blending of quantum physics, supernatural, and religion.
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Prince of Darkness is fantastic, but it's by no means obscure. Carpenter gets plenty of kudos, and along with Halloween, EFNY, and The Thing, PoD gets referenced plenty.
    Last edited by Calighoula; 10-06-2018 at 12:02 PM.

Didn't realize Prince of Darkness was well known. I saw it years ago on free tv late at night.

Night of the Demon (aka Curse of the Demon) - 1957
    A Devil-worshiper is able to summon and get a demon to kill anyone he slips a parchment to. Saw it as a kid.

Zombiefied (2012) - Low budget but the idea is pretty cool. Hearing a certain song turns people into flesh eating zombies and a serial killer is helping to spread it. Only the members of a rock band can stop it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Peril View Post
    Good chemistry between the three main characters. Thought there would be a sequel to see how/if they survived on that island.

Prince of Darkness (1987) - Blending of quantum physics, supernatural, and religion.
    Yeah they set the ending up like there was gonna be sequel, cool guns too. Haven't seen Prince yet.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Ha excellent actor he was on an episode of Star Trek too.

Recently, I really liked The Ritual. Thought it was really well done with a really cool design for the main antagonist. I also want to chime in and say I really liked Deep Rising and Train to Busan.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Ha excellent actor he was on an episode of Star Trek too.
    He was Dr. Richard Daystrom in the second season episode, “The Ultimate Computer”.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Invincible Member

I literally was reminded of this because the directors are going to be writing the new Black Widow comic but "American Mary" by the Soskas sisters. In the film the title character is referred to as Bloody Mary but I'm guess they couldn't use the name cuz there's a couple of other horror films with the same title.

Would anyone consider "the Gate" obscure? Because I really liked that one growing up.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    He was Dr. Richard Daystrom in the second season episode, “The Ultimate Computer”.
    Easily in the top ten depictions of scientists I've seen on film and one of my favorite characters from that show. Daystrom was compassionate, intelligent and very very logical.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.