Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Barry and Batman. The forensics definitely brings them together in mutual respect even though their personalities and abilities are pretty opposite.
    This has gone up a notch since FLASHPOINT when Barry passed on the note from Thomas Wayne of the FLASHPOINT universe to Bruce, and probably even more so since THE BUTTON when Barry created an opportunity for Bruce to meet Thomas in person. Even Pre-COIE, though, it was quite strong (though not Superman/Batman level) due to both Bruce and Barry having sidekicks (Dick and Wally) coming of age at the same time, and those sidekicks were themselves best friends growing up.

I'm not sure if Barry and Ollie actually dislike each other enough to go in this category or if they eventually got along enough to be friendly acquaintances when hanging with Hal. Buried, what say you?
    I think they get along fine as long as they don't bring up politics (which Barry won't, but Ollie sometimes can't help himself).

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

I think they get along fine as long as they don't bring up politics (which Barry won't, but Ollie sometimes can't help himself).
    Yeah, they certainly had their bad blood during the Satellite Era

BANNED

I miss the Kyle/Wally friendship they were really great

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Yeah, they certainly had their bad blood during the Satellite Era

Damn....they both savage!

Poor Hal!

Shazam and Cyborg is another friendship, as Vic is the closest to Billy's age.

Who is this Ralph people are talking about? I only really know the newer material.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Who is this Ralph people are talking about? I only really know the newer material.
    Ralph Dibny - Elongated Man. Stretching ability like Plastic Man.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Damn....they both savage!

Poor Hal!
    Lol seriously.

A bit off topic but what are some of the best satellite era runs, collected or otherwise?

Extraordinary Member

Lol seriously.

A bit off topic but what are some of the best satellite era runs, collected or otherwise?
    Not collected (grrrr), but Steve Englehart's run as writer - JLA #139-146 and 149-150. IMO, the best ten issues of the Satellite Era. Also Len Wein's run #100-114.

I do believe there are omnibus collections that have these in them and certain issues are in trades, but no single collections of their stories.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Not collected (grrrr), but Steve Englehart's run as writer - JLA #139-146 and 149-150. IMO, the best ten issues of the Satellite Era. Also Len Wein's run #100-114.

I do believe there are omnibus collections that have these in them and certain issues are in trades, but no single collections of their stories.
    It would be great if you could point me to some if you don't mind.

Extraordinary Member

It would be great if you could point me to some if you don't mind.
    Not at all.

Most of Len Wein's work should be here:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401268064...536699913&sr=1

a smaller collection of Wein's work (including the amazing JLA #100-102) can be found here:

https://www.amazon.com/Crisis-Multip...erica+len+wein

Most of Steve Englehart's work should be here:

https://www.amazon.com/Justice-Leagu...merica+omnibus

Extraordinary Member

Sorry, I was not much help Lighting Rider.

Thanks for the information, Caj!

Aside from the aforementioned Aquaman and J'onn tgubg you don't really see much of Arthur bonding with or growing a deep friendship with anyone else in the League compared to the rest of the Big Seven.

Although I am reminded of that scene in Green Arrow: Quiver where he was really happy to see Ollie back.

Hmmm... during the Satellite Era, Hal was the carefree guy that would stop in from space or wherever and get along with everybody (well except for Batman sometimes which is where Morrison and Johns got that from)

While Barry was sometimes an obnoxious jerk to Ray when it came to their scientific rivalry...

Hal and Carol used to triple date with Barry and Iris and Ralph and Sue, while Bruce would treat his friends out to a night on the town and have fun with the whole "millionaire playboy" persona he used as a cover...

Oh, and Green Arrow and Black Lightning were really close (Ollie was the one who tried to invite Jeff into the league first, IIRC and their friendship was a big part of Winick's GA run)

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Oh, and Green Arrow and Black Lightning were really close (Ollie was the one who tried to invite Jeff into the league first, IIRC and their friendship was a big part of Winick's GA run)
    Ollie even cheated on Dinah with Jeff's niece

The Trinity are all pretty close with each other nowadays, although Bruce and Clark’s bond is the strongest.
    Barry and Hal are good friends but Bruce and Barry are right behind that, and Barry and Clark are canonically treated as being friendly competitors.
    J’onn seems to be closest with Supes and Bats.
    Aquaman, Cyborg, and Hawkgirl seem to be the outsiders of the group.