Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Yeah, which is one reason why it's a shame Mera didn't stay on the League longer.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Diana really needs more girlfriends.
    I guess from her point of view, she has plenty back home.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The first couple of years that Ralph was in DETECTIVE COMICS (1964 & 1965), he would team up with Batman once a year. This was going to be an ongoing annual tradition, but I guess sales didn't prove to be enough on those first two team-ups; however, there was still considerable crossover between Ralph and Batman outside of that. They were, at least, work buddies if not outright friends.

Given that Roy, Wally, Dick and Garth were all great friends in the Teen Titans, I find it had to believe that Green Arrow, Flash, Batman and Aquaman didn't share a common bond through their younger cohorts.
    I always thought as most of the JL being some level of friends with each other, some better than others as others have explained. I prefer to think that the team is mostly without major conflicts within the team.

The Fab Five's mentors I don't think would get any closer because of the TT. Maybe Wondy, Bruce, and Flash but I don't see Green Arrow getting close because of Roy, especially after he finds out about the heroin. He always treated Roy as an independent type like Arthur but gave him no guidance. Arthur I think would just be glad that Garth has found a place and let him do his own thing unless he needed him. Their relationship I always viewed as something like a Knight and Squire type scenario. (not the DC heroes, the historical roles) They trust, work, and learn from each other but it was never a familial type thing until later in life. I like to think that Bruce brings up how great Dick is even before the team was created and since Wally and Dick have been best friends since forever I think Barry and Bruce were like soccer moms before the TT. They were aware and talked about the them but that was really it before the the team formed.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The Fab Five's mentors I don't think would get any closer because of the TT. Maybe Wondy, Bruce, and Flash but I don't see Green Arrow getting close because of Roy, especially after he finds out about the heroin. He always treated Roy as an independent type like Arthur but gave him no guidance. Arthur I think would just be glad that Garth has found a place and let him do his own thing unless he needed him. Their relationship I always viewed as something like a Knight and Squire type scenario. (not the DC heroes, the historical roles) They trust, work, and learn from each other but it was never a familial type thing until later in life. I like to think that Bruce brings up how great Dick is even before the team was created and since Wally and Dick have been best friends since forever I think Barry and Bruce were like soccer moms before the TT. They were aware and talked about the them but that was really it before the the team formed.
    Heh. I always found it kind of funny that the one guy in the league who didn't have a sidekick (Hal/GL) had a better relationship with the original Teen Titans than most of them did with their own mentors.

kid-flash-1.jpg

Let's not forget Roy

DlXPYWxWwAEoXeb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Heh. I always found it kind of funny that the one guy in the league who didn't have a sidekick (Hal/GL) had a better relationship with the original Teen Titans than most of them did with their own mentors.

kid-flash-1.jpg
    Hal I think was good with Wally and Roy but not really the rest of them.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I have not gone through every page of this but
    Blue Beetle and Booster Gold were good buds

Aquaman and Martian Manhunter had a bond at certain times

WW connected with Superman, Batman and Aquaman in different ways but each was strong connections

Hal, Ollie, and Dianah and by extension Dianah with Connor and Roy.

Batman always had strong relationships with the science guys (Vic, Atom, Oracle, and Barry for example) and the detective guy (Elongated man, Barry again)

Zee was close to Vixen back in the Detroit days.

kid-flash-1.jpg
    He got along with Dick when he was Batman for a bit.

I agree about Roy and Wally

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    They do seem to be downplaying it these days, but I think we've still seen Orin put Atlantis first. Didn't he become an outlaw in order to protect his kingdom a couple years ago?
    That wasn't really putting Atlantis first over the surface world, just that Arthur knew it was his duty to bring down a villain who had taken over the throne from him and turned Atlantis upside down.

I mean, he got ousted precisely because he was trying to be too fair between Atlantis and the Surface World.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Diana really needs more girlfriends.
    I mean, depending on the continuity she has a few...Etta Candy, Julia Kapatelis, although I guess she doesn't really have any Superhero gal pals who she hangs out with a lot.
    Yeah, I can't recall any time where Hal hung out with Garth or Donna (although she actually dated a GL).
    Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    I have not gone through every page of this but
    Blue Beetle and Booster Gold were good buds
    Blue and Gold for the win .

I know he was cool with Dick during his time as Batman when Batman was thrown into the past by the Omega Effect from Darkseid’s Omega Beams and with Donna during Robinson's Cry For Justice/Justice League of America era before Flashpoint.

Wally and Roy were like his nephews for sure, but Hal’s never been the type of guy to look down on anybody else and I think he would’ve been cool or at least would be cool with Garth as well.

Hal has always been an underdog and knows what it’s like to grow up and be in someone else’s shadow (he grew up in the shadow of his father as a pilot and later on the shadow of Abin Sur as a GL)

That’s kind of what always made me relate and like Hal as a character for the most part.
    Last edited by docmidnite; 09-12-2018 at 08:25 PM.

I know he was cool with Dick during his time as Batman when Batman was thrown into the past from by the Omega Effect from DarkseidÂ’s Omega Beams and with Donna during Robinson's Cry For Justice/Justice League of America era before Flashpoint.

Wally and Roy were like his nephews for sure, but HalÂ’s never been the type of guy to look down on anybody else and I think he wouldÂ’ve been cool or at least would be cool with Garth as well.

Hal has always been an underdog and knows what itÂ’s like to grow up and be in someone elseÂ’s shadow (he grew up in the shadow of his father as a pilot and and later on the shadow of Abin Sur as a GL)

ThatÂ’s kind of what always made me relate and like Hal as a character for the most part.
    Whenever I've been talking about the original Titans I've only been thinking about them as kids and teens. Not their later years but I agree with what you're saying.