Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

It might take a while due to the sheer size and mobility of the Transformers + playing the ranged game, but I simply don't see team Thanos losing.

He is several orders of magnitude above a guy who can one shot kill a giant space whale that is larger and around as durable as almost any Transformer.

Iron Man had a flaming chunk of moon dumped on his head at speed that was nearly the size of a football field and was still capable of fighting. Can you see Bumblebee survive that? Honest question. I may have missed something. I only watched the first 3 films
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    It might take a while due to the sheer size and mobility of the Transformers + playing the ranged game, but I simply don't see team Thanos losing.

He is several orders of magnitude above a guy who can one shot kill a giant space whale that is larger and around as durable as almost any Transformer.

Iron Man had a flaming chunk of moon dumped on his head at speed that was nearly the size of a football field and was still capable of fighting. Can you see Bumblebee survive that? Honest question. I may have missed something. I only watched the first 3 films
    Bumblebee no. But I gotta look around for Optimus I think he has some re-entry scenes and some scenes where really large stuff falls on him.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Hmmm okay but I think the Dinobots and Prime are more durable. Prime has taken some serious hits and survived and her's a clips of the Dinobots vs the military grade Decepticons. The projectiles are literally bouncing off the dinobots.
    While I agree with a lot of the issues with these movies stiff like this really made me love some of these movies. Prime being the last leader for a group of struggling war refugees, who Earth governments don't always get along with works well too. I really like how Earth scrapped a bunch of autobots to make their own transformers kind of makes sense, and Prime fighting against them to protect his own was a cool idea.

Mighty Member

My first thought was that this is a thread specifically designed for the Transformers to lose badly. Reading further revealed that the OP really did not know just how badly outclassed the Transformers are.

You have one guy who can straight up beat the Hulk. You have another guy who can tear an arm off of the Hulkbuster armor and was back in the fight 30 seconds after getting hit by an Iron Man super weapon. And then there's the guy who can tear off their limbs with a thought and then beat them to death with their own severed limbs.

Best case scenario, the Autobots are screwed figuratively. Worst case: the Autobots are screwed literally.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    While I agree with a lot of the issues with these movies stiff like this really made me love some of these movies. Prime being the last leader for a group of struggling war refugees, who Earth governments don't always get along with works well too. I really like how Earth scrapped a bunch of autobots to make their own transformers kind of makes sense, and Prime fighting against them to protect his own was a cool idea.
    Yeah those movies have great action scenes which is what made them so successful worldwide.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    My first thought was that this is a thread specifically designed for the Transformers to lose badly. Reading further revealed that the OP really did not know just how badly outclassed the Transformers are.

You have one guy who can straight up beat the Hulk. You have another guy who can tear an arm off of the Hulkbuster armor and was back in the fight 30 seconds after getting hit by an Iron Man super weapon. And then there's the guy who can tear off their limbs with a thought and then beat them to death with their own severed limbs.

Best case scenario, the Autobots are screwed figuratively. Worst case: the Autobots are screwed literally.
    The only thing I would say to this is the durability of Thanos and the black order when it comes to projectiles and sharp objects is kinda questionable. Maw was killed pretty easy after being blasted into space after a little misdirection by Stark. Nothing implies he would be able to survive a straight up missile blast or even gunshot. His TK would probably stop some projectiles fired at him but not all.

Cull was killed by a force field and definitely has a weakness towards energy weapons and not being able to fly is definitely a disadvantage. Thanos was wounded by Thor's axe at the end most likely would've died if it wasn't for the stones. He did beat the Hulk but it wasn't clear if the Hulk was 100%.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 09-13-2018 at 06:28 AM.

Mighty Member

[QUOTE=CliffHanger2;3899543]The only thing I would say to this is the durability of Thanos and the black order when it comes to projectiles and sharp objects is kinda questionable. Maw was killed pretty easy after being blasted into space after a little misdirection by Stark. Nothing implies he would be able to survive a straight up missile blast or even gunshot. His TK would probably stop some projectiles fired at him but not all.

When Dr. Strange and Wong sent Maw's flurry of spikes back at him, he used a car to stop all but one that got through. Somehow, I think the Dinobot he'll use to shield himself will be quite a bit more durable.

Cull was killed by a force field and definitely has a weakness towards energy weapons and not being able to fly is definitely a disadvantage.
    He was killed by a force field that can withstand a giant spaceship dropping down on it. Let's not pretend that shield wasn't uber. It was. Also, Cull took a significant energy blast from Tony and was back on his feet 30 seconds later with no sign that the energy blast did anything to him.

Also, the only two who can fly are Strafe and Optimus (let's be fair and give Op his trailer). Cull's not really at that big a disadvantage, especially with Maw around to pull their wings off.

Thanos was wounded by Thor's axe at the end most likely would've died if it wasn't for the stones.
    Yeah, Thanos nearly was killed by an ax that cut through the power of multiple power stones. Too bad the Autobots don't have such a weapon.

Keep in mind that Tony was going all out and used every trick in the book to keep Thanos from using the infinity gauntlet, and all he managed to do was make Thanos bleed a single drop of blood.

Extraordinary Member

[QUOTE=Basara;3899584]
    The only thing I would say to this is the durability of Thanos and the black order when it comes to projectiles and sharp objects is kinda questionable. Maw was killed pretty easy after being blasted into space after a little misdirection by Stark. Nothing implies he would be able to survive a straight up missile blast or even gunshot. His TK would probably stop some projectiles fired at him but not all.

When Dr. Strange and Wong sent Maw's flurry of spikes back at him, he used a car to stop all but one that got through. Somehow, I think the Dinobot he'll use to shield himself will be quite a bit more durable.

He was killed by a force field that can withstand a giant spaceship dropping down on it. Let's not pretend that shield wasn't uber. It was. Also, Cull took a significant energy blast from Tony and was back on his feet 30 seconds later with no sign that the energy blast did anything to him.

Also, the only two who can fly are Strafe and Optimus (let's be fair and give Op his trailer). Cull's not really at that big a disadvantage, especially with Maw around to pull their wings off.

Yeah, Thanos nearly was killed by an ax that cut through the power of multiple power stones. Too bad the Autobots don't have such a weapon.

Keep in mind that Tony was going all out and used every trick in the book to keep Thanos from using the infinity gauntlet, and all he managed to do was make Thanos bleed a single drop of blood.
    Cull also got his hand cut off by an energy portal. So yeah if Optimus hits him with an energon blade it's probably a wrap not to mention TF plasma weapons. Maw wasn't shown using his powers to lift anything the size of a Dinobot add to that something that big and animated and powerful.

Thanos doesn't have the guantlet here and is continually shown blocking blades suggesting some kind of vulnerability to them. Optimus sword of judgement could just do the trick. How's he gonna block a 30 ft sword.

Cull also got his hand cut off by an energy portal. So yeah if Optimus hits him with an energon blade it's probably a wrap not to mention TF plasma weapons. Maw wasn't shown using his powers to lift anything the size of a Dinobot add to that something that big and animated and powerful.

Thanos doesn't have the guantlet here and is continually shown blocking blades suggesting some kind of vulnerability to them. Optimus sword of judgement could just do the trick. How's he gonna block a 30 ft sword.
    Energy portal =/ energy blade. Seriously.

Also, Thanos is the guy who tanks a guy who one-shots building-sized space whales and is outright shown to no-sell shots from Star-Lord's weapons (which destroy Sovereign space ships).

He rips them all apart.

Maw was killed pretty easy after being blasted into space after a little misdirection by Stark
    He was killed by being blasted into space (and consequently not being able to survive in space), not by being shot by Stark.

Seriously dude, you're misrepresenting a lot here.
    Last edited by Twickster; 09-13-2018 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Exactly. His hand was not “cut off”. It was stuck in one place while he was stuck in another.

It’s less a question of durability and more a question of geography.

He was killed by being blasted into space (and consequently not being able to survive in space), not by being shot by Stark.

Also this. They didn’t kill Maw as such. They just made it so he wouldn’t live anymore. Technicality, sure, but an important one.

(Of course, it’s also epic-level PIS that a guy who can move things, including himself, around with his mind at will can get sucked out of anything.)

Space just sucks that good, Beadle.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Space just sucks that good, Beadle.
    She’s a cruel mistress, but she has quite the pair of lungs on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    She’s a cruel mistress, but she has quite the pair of lungs on her.
    That's why it worked. The guy named EBONY MAW was too impressed to do anything but let it happen.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Also, Thanos is the guy who tanks a guy who one-shots building-sized space whales and is outright shown to no-sell shots from Star-Lord's weapons (which destroy Sovereign space ships).

He rips them all apart.

Dude watch the movie his forearm is cauterized yeah his hand is in another place that's effectively cut -off lol. 1000 degrees celsius energon axe is gonna do the same thing. Maw was blasted into space he couldn't survive in space well he also has no feats of surviving direct hits from artillery. He got his head lumped by a piece of debris Strange flung at him imagine what a missile would do.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 09-13-2018 at 01:18 PM.

optimus did kill driller if that adds at all.