Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Could Maw improv a fastball special by throwing Cull at the robots?
    Well duh. We all saw how much Cull enjoyed flying though :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Well duh. We all saw how much Cull enjoyed flying though :P
    Thanos: "You'll fly and you'll like it!"
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

So, do any of the Transformers have bladed or energy weapons that tear holes in space-time? Because otherwise, I don't see how someone getting damaged by getting portal-cut would in any way mean that they would be vulnerable to cutting or energy weapons that aren't on that calibur, since I'd bet on portal cuts slicing through anything that doesn't have some sort of ability to sustain or tear open holes in reality themselves.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Cars are tiny in comparison to the robots we have here. Optimus dwarfs any car and cull. So no I'm not hand waving him affecting much bigger heavier objects.
    Who's here again? Oh, that's right, Bumblebee. You'll make a good shield.

The Thor he tied up was beat to shit. And he held down Thor with bits of metal. Any Thor worth anything should be able to just bust through that metal like nothing. Not buying it as any sort of decent Thor.
    This is still post-Ragnarok Thor, the god who can give Hulk a pretty good fight in a straight up melee battle. Helpless. While Hulk is beat down almost effortlessly, and his best friend and brother are murdered in front of him

I'll alsp note that when his spikes got redirected, Maw couldn't even just stop em cold, but had to put a car as cover and got a spike to glance off his head.
    He used a car because it was the most efficient means of stopping all the projectiles. He miscalculated and it nearly cost him. Note, he didn't make such a mistake again.

Giant bullets that Autobots shoot will annihilate him.
    Giant bullets? Annihilating a guy who cut a hurled car in half with ease? Hitting a guy who casually misdirected Cull hurtling towards him? Coming close to a guy who held a post Ragnarok Thor helpless while treating him like a child? Somehow approaching someone who knocked Iron Man blocks away with a stone column erupting from the ground with a simple gesture?

You are joking here, right? If anything, those "giant bullets" are hitting Dinobots instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Who's here again? Oh, that's right, Bumblebee. You'll make a good shield.
    A shield that will shoot at you.

This is still post-Ragnarok Thor, the god who can give Hulk a pretty good fight in a straight up melee battle. Helpless. While Hulk is beat down almost effortlessly, and his best friend and brother are murdered in front of him
    So many words,but Thor was still beat to shit and restrained by bits of metal. He was not at his peak and really far below.

He used a car because it was the most efficient means of stopping all the projectiles. He miscalculated and it nearly cost him. Note, he didn't make such a mistake again.
    he never had a similar situation come up.either way he needed a car to protect him instead of just stopping those projectiles.

Giant bullets? Annihilating a guy who cut a hurled car in half with ease? Hitting a guy who casually misdirected Cull hurtling towards him? Coming close to a guy who held a post Ragnarok Thor helpless while treating him like a child? Somehow approaching someone who knocked Iron Man blocks away with a stone column erupting from the ground with a simple gesture?
    redirecting one object is redirecting one object that's not traveling at bullet speeds. Cull was not moving at bullet speeds. Those brick objects were not bullet speeds and yet he could not handle them.

You are joking here, right? If anything, those "giant bullets" are hitting Dinobots instead.
    even if these were true, Dinobots will be fine. And able to stomp Maw. Dinobots annihilated Decepticons and their big bullets.

Maw's irrelevant. Cull and Thanos are the only ones who matter and win this alone.

BANNED

Optimus Prime transforms into a semi truck and apparently weighs 4.3 tons. The car's Maw lifted are probably like 2x lighter than him alone.
    He lifts them without any strain, like they weigh nothing, suggesting that's not even remotely his limit.

The Thor he tied up was beat to shit. And he held down Thor with bits of metal. Any Thor worth anything should be able to just bust through that metal like nothing. Not buying it as any sort of decent Thor.
    Thor wasn't tied up. The Maw was actively holding all that metal in place the entire time. The moment that changes (when Thanos leaves) he shrugs that pile of metal off like it was wet toilet paper.
    Last edited by Carabas; 09-15-2018 at 02:20 AM.

Mighty Member

[QUOTE=moonknight11;3903151]A shield that will shoot at you.

It's really hard to shoot anything when you are suddenly hurtling out of control. And suddenly missing your shooting arm. It's like you think Maw will be stupid.

even if these were true, Dinobots will be fine. And able to stomp Maw. Dinobots annihilated Decepticons and their big bullets.
    Not sure how the Dinobots are going to stomp Maw, who can fly at high speeds and sever limbs with a thought. Nope, I really don't think they will.

Maw's irrelevant. Cull and Thanos are the only ones who matter and win this alone.
    Agreed, Thanos can win this alone. It's just that Maw and Cull get to have lots of fun too.

Extraordinary Member

Ok, look at it a different way. Wonder Woman and Spiderman are specifically weak against bullets and sharp objects in their comics despite taking waaay more damage than "bullets" from other sources consistently. Especially Wonder Woman, who has survived nuclear detonations and blows from Superman. This is because they are specifically weak against piercing weapons/damage. It's a point of character. It's a plot point.

This is /true/ compartmentalized durability. A distinct weakness to certain types of damage.

Thanos, Cull and so on do not have any sort of compartmentalized durability as a point of narration, context or subtext. It's complete assumption that Cull has a weakness to energy attacks. Especially when we see Cull laughing of Super Tony repulsor blasts.

The safer and more evidence friendly argument is that the portal can "cut real gud yo". Comfortably severing Hulk level creatures.

If your follow up point is going to be the Wakandan energy barrier, just remember it seems to immolate objects flying at 1000 rmph the size of skyscrapers. So. It's not crazy it got him. Unlike the Outriders, he was dragged along a great portion of the thing at speed while attached to an explosive jet pack lol.
    The guy's forearm gets cut off by a portal and he dies by being smashed against a forcefield but-"It's a complete assumption he has a weakness against energy attacks." Ok lol. and when exactly is he laughing off Tony's repulsors? The guy's getting lumped or blocking with his shield the whole time. Not for nothin he's not Hulk level Spidey was able to stop him from smashing IM with little effort. And Thanos was blocking blades the whole movie for what?

Extraordinary Member

And, just fyi, 1000° C is not really hot enough to matter. Steel needs like 1200 C to melt iirc. So unless you think Thanos and crew are less durable than steel, we need to judge that Axe based on it's performances. What's the toughest thing it's cut?
    I'll look more into this but Maw is def less durable than steel. The guy couldn't even block a rock redirected at him again how's he gonna survive multiple large projectiles and plasma weapons?

[QUOTE=Basara;3903209]
    A shield that will shoot at you.

It's really hard to shoot anything when you are suddenly hurtling out of control. And suddenly missing your shooting arm. It's like you think Maw will be stupid.

Not sure how the Dinobots are going to stomp Maw, who can fly at high speeds and sever limbs with a thought. Nope, I really don't think they will.

Agreed, Thanos can win this alone. It's just that Maw and Cull get to have lots of fun too.
    I think we are basically agreeing on 90% of this. Thanos and the black order will win.

I disagree with Maw being relevant but it seems like we're pulling this thread too far of course lol. Maw is great, and his precision TK is astounding but with these 100 ton Dinobots I think he'll just be a distraction. He can sever cars but cars are a fraction the mass of a dinobot. Or he can throw Cull at them which would be cool as hell to see. I think Maw could own Bumblebee. I'm not sure if he could destroy Optimus tho, hes a living being and he's super strong, stronger than Maw's TK. In this fight it doesn't matter. Thanos crushes.

I actually am onboard with just about everything you have suggested personally. Maw can provide distraction and run interference, but Cull and Thanos are the guys doing work here.

And yeah, that Dino Punch was legit. Not quite space whale punch level, but a really solid feat regardless.
    Yeah the dino punch is basically a really diet space whale punch. The Leviathan is much larger than grimlock.

And even if grimlock and the space whale where the same size, Optimus redirects it to the side, while the Hulk punches it head on and arrests it's forward momentum. Stopping something head on is much harder than deflefting it.

As large as Grimlock is (100+ tons), the Optimus dino punch is a leagues below the incredible Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    The guy's forearm gets cut off by a portal and he dies by being smashed against a forcefield but-"It's a complete assumption he has a weakness against energy attacks." Ok lol. and when exactly is he laughing off Tony's repulsors? The guy's getting lumped or blocking with his shield the whole time. Not for nothin he's not Hulk level Spidey was able to stop him from smashing IM with little effort. And Thanos was blocking blades the whole movie for what?
    Huh. It's as if you aren't really reading my posts at this point and have decided to go with your own head canon. When in the movie does it ever say any of them have compartmentalized durability? Cull takes several rapid fire repulsors without blocking at all at one point. Just because something energy based manages to finally kill the guy does not immediately mean an energy based source is somehow more damaging to him. It just means it surpassed the threshold of neccesary damage to affect him. Again, the Wakandan shield completely deflected a building sized ship moving at speed. I guess the spaceship was weak against energy specifically as a point of plot? Cull was dragged for hundreds of feet across the thing strapped to a rocket.

Thanos straight up ignores Quills plasma pistols which can destroy Sovereign ships.

At one point Thanos literally catches a magic energy sword in the palm of his hand without damage from Strange. That is both "sharp" AND "energy" damage. Nothing. I think Nebula and Drax both also hit him with their blades without damage.

The only times something sharp affected him were in the dream reality he created to trick the Guardians (it's fake so this feat can be ignored) and when Thor hurled Stormbreaker. Stormbreaker was carving those huge spaceships up and slicing through the IG's energy blasts. I kinda doubt it cutting him again implies any sort of inherent weakness beyond its just really sharp and tossed by a really strong guy.

I'll look more into this but Maw is def less durable than steel. The guy couldn't even block a rock redirected at him again how's he gonna survive multiple large projectiles and plasma weapons?
    Yeah, Maw is dead in one good hit. Im arguing the other two.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Cull takes 3 repulsor blasts without damage and without blocking at 4:14
    https://youtu.be/GE4MqgJOS2U
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Again, I'm not sure why you're bringing up the portal cut like it's a bad feat, or like the Transformers have anything that can do damage even close to being caught in a closing hole in reality, which should logically slice through anything that isn't holding onto the Space Stone, or at least has some Bifrost powers.

Yeah as for the cutting stuff team MCU, the ones that matter are not dying from Transformer weapon.

The whole portal tear off arm is not a heat feat in my mind but more of a case of “Space matter” applying pressure in a 2d compression of said arm. Not a case of heat but 2d plane something touched the arm, being so thin, the thinness withbspatial compression means chop real good. ( seriously a two d sword if possible to have in theory would cut shit real good.)

As for Storm Bribger, it’s a ace made from that star matter and has bifrost to it. Dimensional stuff of stuff means thevaxe half could Access this phenomenon to that I mentioned, for serious cutting power. ( Given bifrost affects dimension, so a 2d cuttting half is super sharp.)