Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Huh. It's as if you aren't really reading my posts at this point and have decided to go with your own head canon. When in the movie does it ever say any of them have compartmentalized durability? Cull takes several rapid fire repulsors without blocking at all at one point. Just because something energy based manages to finally kill the guy does not immediately mean an energy based source is somehow more damaging to him. It just means it surpassed the threshold of neccesary damage to affect him. Again, the Wakandan shield completely deflected a building sized ship moving at speed. I guess the spaceship was weak against energy specifically as a point of plot? Cull was dragged for hundreds of feet across the thing strapped to a rocket.

Thanos straight up ignores Quills plasma pistols which can destroy Sovereign ships.

At one point Thanos literally catches a magic energy sword in the palm of his hand without damage from Strange. That is both "sharp" AND "energy" damage. Nothing. I think Nebula and Drax both also hit him with their blades without damage.

The only times something sharp affected him were in the dream reality he created to trick the Guardians (it's fake so this feat can be ignored) and when Thor hurled Stormbreaker. Stormbreaker was carving those huge spaceships up and slicing through the IG's energy blasts. I kinda doubt it cutting him again implies any sort of inherent weakness beyond its just really sharp and tossed by a really strong guy.

Yeah, Maw is dead in one good hit. Im arguing the other two.
    Well does it say in the WW movie she's not bulletproof? But she's blocking those bullets with her bracelets we assume for a reason Those Thanos feats with Quill and Strange are after he gets stones right? Cause he doesn't have those here.

Extraordinary Member

Cull takes 3 repulsor blasts without damage and without blocking at 4:14
    https://youtu.be/GE4MqgJOS2U
    Yeah they hit his armor conveniently. It's not looking like his raw flesh is gonna stand up to those blasts.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Yeah as for the cutting stuff team MCU, the ones that matter are not dying from Transformer weapon.

The whole portal tear off arm is not a heat feat in my mind but more of a case of “Space matter” applying pressure in a 2d compression of said arm. Not a case of heat but 2d plane something touched the arm, being so thin, the thinness withbspatial compression means chop real good. ( seriously a two d sword if possible to have in theory would cut **** real good.)

As for Storm Bribger, it’s a ace made from that star matter and has bifrost to it. Dimensional stuff of stuff means thevaxe half could Access this phenomenon to that I mentioned, for serious cutting power. ( Given bifrost affects dimension, so a 2d cuttting half is super sharp.)
    Cauterized limbs,ash,smoke- equal heat.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Again, I'm not sure why you're bringing up the portal cut like it's a bad feat, or like the Transformers have anything that can do damage even close to being caught in a closing hole in reality, which should logically slice through anything that isn't holding onto the Space Stone, or at least has some Bifrost powers.
    Well atleast you admit it was a slice.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Well does it say in the WW movie she's not bulletproof? But she's blocking those bullets with her bracelets we assume for a reason Those Thanos feats with Quill and Strange are after he gets stones right? Cause he doesn't have those here.
    It says it as a point of character in the comics. In the movie, we see a bullet make her bleed in the beginning on Themyscira.

More stones =/= more inherent durability. To suggest as much is to ignore the movie. One of his best durability feats is with the Hulk with only one Stone. The Russo brothers confirmed he wasnt using it against Hulk which fits because the IG is an activated weapon. You need to close your fist or make a connective gesture (like finger snapping) and then the corresponding stones glow. It's a major point with Strange and Tony trying to stop him from closing his fist. The few times he makes barriers, he does so and we see a visible field.

Yeah they hit his armor conveniently. It's not looking like his raw flesh is gonna stand up to those blasts.
    He armor was destroyed and cut just fine by the Wakandan Shield as well. I guess everything about him was weak against energy?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Well atleast you admit it was a slice.
    Yet you're still in no way understanding what he's saying. It's alsmot as if you're going out of your way to ignore everyone at this point unless parts of what they've said can be twisted to fit your own head canon.

Which isn't at all how debates work here.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

It says it as a point of character in the comics. In the movie, we see a bullet make her bleed in the beginning on Themyscira.

More stones =/= more inherent durability. To suggest as much is to ignore the movie. One of his best durability feats is with the Hulk with only one Stone. The Russo brothers confirmed he wasnt using it against Hulk which fits because the IG is an activated weapon. You need to close your fist or make a connective gesture (like finger snapping) and then the corresponding stones glow. It's a major point with Strange and Tony trying to stop him from closing his fist. The few times he makes barriers, he does so and we see a visible field.

He armor was destroyed and cut just fine by the Wakandan Shield as well. I guess everything about him was weak against energy?
    I meant Thanos has no stones in this battle. I said in the beginning he had no gauntlet but thinking of it now it probably isn't a fight if Thanos doesn't have any stones. I guess I kinda overestimated him. But yeah without that I don't really think it's a fair contest.

Extraordinary Member

I meant Thanos has no stones in this battle. I said in the beginning he had no gauntlet but thinking of it now it probably isn't a fight if Thanos doesn't have any stones. I guess I kinda overestimated him. But yeah without that I don't really think it's a fair contest.
    How could this possibly be your response to my comment?

Thanos doesn't need any stones or the gauntlet at all. He could be naked with pneumonia and still win this fight by himself based on feats. He walloped Hulk all by himself. He caught that energy sword without the IG helping him. Etc etc.

If anything you have underestimated him. We've all been saying "Thanos wins even without the IG" and now your going "hmm i overestimated him. Not a fight without the stones". Like what?
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 09-15-2018 at 10:50 AM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

Thanos doesn't need any stones or the gauntlet at all. He could be naked with pneumonia and still win this fight by himself based on feats. He walloped Hulk all by himself. He caught that energy sword without the IG helping him. Etc etc.

If anything you have underestimated him. We've all been saying "Thanos wins even without the IG" and now your going "hmm i overestimated him. Not a fight without the stones". Like what?
    It's kinda hard to believe Thanos has no edge just having the stones. It can't be that he's the same guy until he clenches his fist I'm not buying that.

BANNED

Thanos doesn't need any stones or the gauntlet at all. He could be naked with pneumonia and still win this fight by himself based on feats. He walloped Hulk all by himself.
    He already had the Power Stone before the movie started.

Okay, technically he walloped the Hulk was without "Stones", but definitely with one Stone, singular.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    He already had the Power Stone before the movie started.

Okay, technically he walloped the Hulk was without "Stones", but definitely with one Stone, singular.
    He wasn't using it.
    - big_adventure

It's kinda hard to believe Thanos has no edge just having the stones. It can't be that he's the same guy until he clenches his fist I'm not buying that.
    Then you are ignoring the movie and watching your own movie made up by you, just for you, in your brain.
    - big_adventure

BANNED

He wasn't using it.
    You just saying that isn't exactly proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    You just saying that isn't exactly proof.
    How about the Russo brothers? How about the fact that every time he uses the IG, he needs to close his fist or make a gesture (snapping) to the point where it's a literal plot point that Tony and Strange try their best to exploit? "Dont let him close his fist" Strange says before sending his cloak. Tony plugs the palm of his hand with nanobots. Spiderman webs it specifically.

That and every time a stone is used, a corresponding color flashes from the stone. No flash during the Hulk fight. And it's not exactly wildly out of character for Thanos being able to bust Hulk up sans stones. That's a typical Tuesday in comics.
    - big_adventure