BANNED

Default "Peter Finds Mary Jane" By John Semper Jr (The Conclusion to Spider-Man: TAS)

Ryan Lindberg of the Hashtag Shiow was among those who tried to help John Semper Jr's crowd-funded animation project "War of the Rocketmen" which would have featured the voice cast of Spider-Man: TAS (sadly, it fell through), one of the perks of the Indiggogo campaign was a full script written by Semper that resolved the cliffhanger of the animated series, which memorably ended with Peter meeting Stan Lee before travelling across the multiiverse with Madame Web in search of the real Mary Jane Watson, who had vanished many seasons ago in the episode "Turning Point", with Peter marrying an MJ that was later revealed to be a water clone.

Ryan received a copy of the script, and has decided to share with us the contents. The actual script will not be published out of respect for Semper, but the synopsis has now been shared. Read it here:

http://www.thathashtagshow.com/2018/...ohn-semper-jr/

Highlights

spoilers:
    Mysterio running a circus with the Green Goblin, the involvement of H.G Wells (that's a bit Lois and Clark), Norman Osborn saves MJ from being bridged, the dimension known as "No Place" where Peter sees other dimensions and Spider-characters (including Miles and Spider-Gwen), and Peter talking to Bruce the Gargoyle at the end
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 09-11-2018 at 06:19 AM.

Sounds better than the Jack the Ripper idea.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Sounds better than the Jack the Ripper idea.
    That's still in there.

spoilers:
    Miles and Spider-Gwen don't belong there. They didn't exist in 1999.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I don't see the issue here. Semper clearly doesn't think a follow-up story to his cliffhanger should be grounded to the specific period the show was based in.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I'm with you on that one. It feels horribly out of place.If you're going to follow up to a show set in the 90s with "what immediately happens next" you don't skip ahead and pull material from sources that shouldn't exist for a another couple of decades.

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I share your point, pal. More logic would have been to see the other 5 Spider-Men that Spidey met in the "Spider-Wars" before the endo of the series: Octo-Spider, Armored Spider-Man, Six-Armed Spider-Man, Scarlet Spider and the No Powers Spider-Man.

I believe some adjustments should be done to the script, like removing the knives and the guns. And honestly, there's still one subjet to deal after rescuing MJ. Do you remember how Miles Warren (the one from the main reality, who created Hydro-Man's clone) got a piece of Spidey's costume? If that doesn't give us a local version of Ben Reilly, then I believe it could give us a version of Kaine in his deformed state.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I share your point, pal. More logic would have been to see the other 5 Spider-Men that Spidey met in the "Spider-Wars" before the endo of the series: Octo-Spider, Armored Spider-Man, Six-Armed Spider-Man, Scarlet Spider and the No Powers Spider-Man.

I believe some adjustments should be done to the script, like removing the knives and the guns. And honestly, there's still one subjet to deal after rescuing MJ. Do you remember how Miles Warren (the one from the main reality, who created Hydro-Man's clone) got a piece of Spidey's costume? If that doesn't give us a local version of Ben Reilly, then I believe it could give us a version of Kaine in his deformed state.
    And he turned out to be working for Alistair Smythe, too, so there's that . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.