Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Tooth and nail.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Tooth and nail.
    LOLOL

I am asking this because I hope to keep my collected editions until my retirement days...

Spider-Man Super-Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    I keep them on a bookshelf.
    I used to do that, but one time I pulled out a paperback and the edges were bent and stuff.
    I don't like to keep them in bags, but what I've been thinking about doing is just buying a short box with the intention of just putting collected editions in it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by darthorgana; 03-03-2019 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Grammar

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Most of my trades are bagged.....even some of my hardcovers. The larger editions though are on their own (Absolutes, large Omnis and Curator's Editions)

I keep mine on a shelf too.I don't worry about them at all.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Spectacular Member

I was going to say with a shotgun, but someone beat me to that joke.

It's illegal to own guns from where I live

Does anybody keep their collected editions in comic bags as much as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by osakafanz View Post
    Does anybody keep their collected editions in comic bags as much as possible?
    I've never understood the desire to keep collected editions in bags on the bookshelf. I suppose if they're extremely rare or special that way then it's a good idea, but barring a few books in my collection most of them were bought because of the ease of pulling them off the shelf to re-read. A not insignificant chunk of my collection I actually have as single issues, and bought the collected edition for the ease over having to find the issue(s) in a box and opening each book's bag and board.

But if it's not something you're planning on rereading and want to keep pristine (or it just makes you happy), whatever works. Each their own.

Have a good day.
    G Morrow

Quote Originally Posted by G Morrow View Post
    I've never understood the desire to keep collected editions in bags on the bookshelf. I suppose if they're extremely rare or special that way then it's a good idea, but barring a few books in my collection most of them were bought because of the ease of pulling them off the shelf to re-read. A not insignificant chunk of my collection I actually have as single issues, and bought the collected edition for the ease over having to find the issue(s) in a box and opening each book's bag and board.

But if it's not something you're planning on rereading and want to keep pristine (or it just makes you happy), whatever works. Each their own.

Have a good day.
    G Morrow
    Actually my reason for wanting to keep them in the best condition possible is because I want to make sure they last until my retirement days :|

What about the clear plastic covers libraries use? Does anyone know what these are called and can the public buy them, thanks.
    Hail Hydra!

Spectacular Member

Ask at a bookstore.

I got this roll, lasted a few but have also noticed our plastic stores sell plastic table covers in rolls to length that feel the same. Don’t get the vinyl ones. I used to use vinyl, but they stick and if you’re not careful, pull the books beside it at the binding as you pull it out of the shelf. The actual book stuff though is pretty thin and doesn’t feel like it protects from much but dust. They slide out frictionlessly in comparison. A hard scratch would still mark the dust jacket (I would use one of my vinyl covered books as a backboard for writing on, but not the covers for dust jackets).

I’ve always cover sealed my trades. Haven’t bought many since moving to oversized and hardcovers, but recently got a few more. Wondering if I should keep doing it now that I’m picking a few things at secondary market prices to complete some of my series.

Edit: quick search
    Found this looks like what I use...
    https://kpc-ltd.com/product/clearcover/
    Last edited by koonfasa; 05-08-2019 at 01:55 AM.

How do I protect my collected editions ?

I keep them away from my children.

Incredible Member

I use regular size comic bags on slim Tpb's
    I use magazine size bags for thicker trades (Marvel Epic, anything over 400 pages)
    I use treasury size bags for bigger trim size Deluxe Editions
    the few Omnis I have are not bagged but I keep them stored in a magazine short box

I always thought Omnibuses should be stored vertically on the shelves... Now, reading they stay better horizontally, I am super worried about mine :/