Master Hero Vladimir

Default Best Things that Ever Happened to Superman

Superman is possibly the character that best embodies optimism, hope and good attitude in the comic book medium, so I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread about the best things that happened in his life. They could be accomplishments, random events, meetings with other people or something else, but what matters is that we detail events that had an overall positive impact on Superman's history.
    Superman New.jpg

BANNED

-Falling in love with and ultimately marrying Lois
    -Finding his family weren't killed by Kenny Braverman
    -Ending Luthor's Presidency
    -Becoming a father twice, once with Chris, the other with Jon
    -Bonding with that retired sea captain he had saved the life of, telling him on his deathbed he was from Kansas.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

The big ones, I'd imagine.

- Having the Kents find and raise him.

- Making friends with Pete, Lana, and the Legion of Superheroes during his awkward childhood.

- Finding a kindred spirit in Lex while they were young, even thought it was fleeting.

- Finding out he could fly

- Finding out he could fly in space

- First time he's ever been off world

- Finding Krypto

- Finding Mon-El

- Getting a job at the Planet

- Meeting and falling for Lois

- Meeting and befriending Jimmy

- Finding Kara

- Meeting and befriending Bruce and Di

- Forming the Justice League

- Watching the dawn of the super-hero come into being

- Coming back to life

- Getting married to Lois

- The birth of their son, Jon

- Seeing his kid wear the S for the first time

- Seeing his kid fly
    Last edited by Superlad93; 09-11-2018 at 09:46 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

That Jerry Siegel never gave up trying to get his idea published.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Superman occasionally finds new information and appreciation for the world of Krypton. That's always fun. Any time he's met an ancestor or has essentially gone back to Krypton. I was just thinking about Rol-Nac a few days ago.

His friends often hit milestones, achievements, and receive something good. I know Superman had all his heart into getting Bruce a copy of Zorro. And along that line I'm sure he remembered seeing To Kill a Mockingbird with Pa.

Bringing back Kandor and the 100,000 Kryptonians Brainiac had in his bottle cities must have been a very happy moment for Superman as he was no longer a sole survivor of an extinct race. Even if it followed Pa Kent's death, Superman's loneliness would have been alleviated by all these other Kryptonians.

• Being found by the Kents, one of the most loving, supportive families on the whole damn planet
    • Discovering his "brother" Mon-El (only to learn that they are only related - in their hearts) Their close relationship will remain an important part of Superman's life, even though underrepresented in comics.
    • Discovering that his legacy inspired the Legion of Super-Heroes in the distant future (even though they totally hazed him, they still became great friends). The Legion becomes a tangible reminder that his way works, and the knowledge of that teleology lends him great confidence in pursuing Truth and Justice in the present.
    • Deciding to become a journalist and become Superman, which leads to
    • Meeting Lois Lane,
    • and meeting Jimmy Olsen!
    • Befriending Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder, who would later change his name to one first used by Superman in Kandor, "Nightwing"!
    • Discovering the Bottle City of Kandor!
    • Discovering his cousin Kara!
    • Joining the Justice League, his modern day equivalent to the Legion.
    • Marrying Lois!
    • Coming back to life, holy crap.
    • Meeting Superboy, later Kon-El, and John Henry Irons, two of his close friends and best success stories of inspiring others.
    • Raising Jon S. Kent (I don't think poor Chris is really around anymore in the current timeline, considering Superman's recent battle with Lor-Zod. Truly tragic though.)
    • Discovering that Luthor is sincere about turning over a new leaf (I don't give a damn that DC undid this, it's his ultimate victory and the perfect conclusion to Lex and Kal's longstanding rivalry! In my mind, they will always be headed teleologically toward Luthor's redemption and "Super Lex")

Also, this hasn't happened yet, but I betcha that he's really hoping for John Henry and Lana to get married. Are they still together? I didn't read Superwoman and I don't know if they're still together, but I sure hope they are.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

From a meta perspective, Shuster and Siegel creating the character and Mort Weisinger becoming the editor for the character.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

The radio show deserves a mention we got a lot of the mythos from it.

My Top Ten

1.) Having the Kents find and raise him.

2.) Falling in love with and marrying Lois.

3.) His son Jon.

4.) Having amazing childhood friends.

5.) Landing his dream job at the Daily Planet.

6.) Discovering his cousin Kara.

7.) His friendship with Jimmy Olsen.

8.) His friendship with Bruce and Dick (including the whole "Nightwing thing")

9.) Finding Krypto

10.) Creating the Justice League.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

George Reeves, Christopher Reeve and Henry Cavill.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 09-12-2018 at 10:25 PM.