Default Watchmojo's Best and Worst Spider-Man Video Games

With the new PS4 game out, Watchmojo has a video on the five best and five worst Spider-Man games. It's an excuse for those of us without a PS4 to talk about Spider-Man video game experiences (though the new game makes the list.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qErltXEf6A

It works as commentary on what makes a good Spider-Man game.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Maybe I'm weird, but I actually enjoyed Ultimate Spider-Man over Spider-Man 2. I know people loved the scale of Spider-Man 2 and the better webslinging, but I thought Ultimate Spider-Man had the better boss fights and story.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Maybe I'm weird, but I actually enjoyed Ultimate Spider-Man over Spider-Man 2. I know people loved the scale of Spider-Man 2 and the better webslinging, but I thought Ultimate Spider-Man had the better boss fights and story.
    Ultimate Spider-Man was my quintessential Spider-Man gaming experience (except for the current one). It's got solid fights, great web-swinging, and the best version of Peter since SM2.

I also enjoyed the game.

On a related note. Watchmojo sure has been doing a lot of comic book related lists I don't agree with as of late.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Spider-Man (2000) for me. Had fun putting the hours into it.

Astonishing Member

Spider-Man:The Video Game -Arcade vídeo game (1991) by SEGA is still to me one of the best Spider-Man vídeo games.
    Sure it does not have good graphics as other 3-d Spider-Man vídeo games,but to me this was a awesome árcade videogame that was similiar to the Spider-Man comics (With the several villains the game have through the levels)
    The Spider-Man vs Kingpin vídeo game for the Mega Drive,from SEGA as well,was good as well.But the Arcade vídeo game was just awesome and looked like something that could had been a comic book storyline,plus it had good gameplay and inventive levels.
    Sure Namor as a playable character in the vídeo game did not make much sense,but usually those side scrolling games have a strong guy so having Namor in that game because of that helps explaining that character in th vídeo game..

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Spider-Man (2000) for me. Had fun putting the hours into it.
    Yep!! That was a fantastic game with a lot of great easter eggs tying it to the marvel universe. Not just another origin.... or a Movie Tie-in... it actually felt like I was playing a marvel Spider-man with an original story. I loved it.

On the worst games, I really wanted Spider-man and the X-Men arcade's revengeon there... MAN I hated that game. for one of the first super-Nintendo games I played it was terrible. With all the hype of 16-bit graphics with Super castlevantia and Super Mario world and such... that game looked like it belonged on NES... and the characters were just so... fragile. Too hard, too weak, looked bad. Hated everything about it.

I am surprised they had Atari Spider-man on it. Man I used to paly that a lot. Really hard, bad graphics... but c'mon no worse than any other Atari game. I spent a LOT of time on that one when I was little.

Astonishing Member

^^^^Spider-Man and the X-Men:Arcade Revenge was one of the most underwhelming vídeo game i had.
    I mean, i remember looking at the cover art and thinking this game would be awesome,and the cover could not be more misleading,the game is just poor in many aspects as the graphics and gameplay.
    The levels were divided by the 5 playable characters of the vídeo game,and the Storm levels were all underwater with limited air supply.
    A fifth of the game was water levels,one of the worst type of levels back then.

The list of worst games got plenty of things wrong. They did not keep their lists strictly for 3D games, and in doing that they skipped mentioning some games that are actually really terrible.
    At least.. they mentioned the NES game as one of the worst, even if it is more deserving of being higher than their No.1 pick.
    As an overall product USM is a better made game, it is the best free roam game before the PS4 game, and is properly polished.
    As a Spider-Man experience I prefer Spider-Man 2, it has its share of flaws and things that make it outdated either by today's standards or even by the standards of that generation of consoles, but it also lives well when put with looking at it through nostalgia scopes.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

This being WatchMojo I'm kind of surprised they didn't mention OMD in this list, because of reasons...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."