Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JoeZ View Post
    Is there a thread for Magneto in the X-Men section?
    I think he's a fascinating character.
    there's a magneto appreciation thread and a thread for his family (that is almost always about Polaris and scarlet witch cosplay for some reason).

There isn't a rule that a that a thread can't be here. If this thread gets more traction then on the X-Boards then let it be. We should just focus on Magneto for now until a mod says otherwise.

Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I hate that particular Magneto outfit. but, at least, he's portrayed as formidable. I've grown to also appreciate the lesser powered version of Magneto who makes up for it by being vicious and creative (the Bunn version).

I wonder who the next actor will be to portray Magneto on screen. i'm really going to miss Fassbender. at one time, Terrence Stamp would have been my choice for a more mature Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    there's a magneto appreciation thread and a thread for his family (that is almost always about Polaris and scarlet witch cosplay for some reason).
    hahahah okay, then. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I hate that particular Magneto outfit. but, at least, he's portrayed as formidable. I've grown to also appreciate the lesser powered version of Magneto who makes up for it by being vicious and creative (the Bunn version).
    Jesus, i loved this series.
    I'm behind on the x-men reading.
    Are there any Magneto series currently?
    The last time i read about him, he was on the Cyclops team and there was also this Bunn's series.
    a few years ago, five or six, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeZ View Post
    I'm behind on the x-men reading.
    Are there any Magneto series currently?
    The last time i read about him, he was on the Cyclops team and there was also this Bunn's series.
    a few years ago, five or six, maybe.
    no, he's back to being a Brotherhood of Evil Mutants-running antagonist; irrc. I don't know that he's part of any of the active x- rosters. he parted ways with the time displaced original students.

BANNED

Glad to read the character parted ways with the time displaced original students.

i'm not sure what the point of them being brought to the present was. what was the Beast after? it doesn't seem to have altered the time stream any. they didn't even "feel" like the original 5 that I remember reading. just my opinion. but writers always miss the point about Warren Worthington III (and the 05 in general). they focus so much on their powers to make them interesting. Warren's worth (pun intended) was that he chose heroism prior to being found by Xavier and (with his wealth) he was actually in a position to change the world. they should have focused more on him as a socially conscious rich guy. giving him bladed or fiery wings does nothing for his personality or lack thereof. again, just my opinion but Warren should have evolved into a businessman and the financial backer of the X-Men. Bobby could have become an accountant. Jean seemed to be groomed as the school's new headmaster. Cyclops was clearly supposed to fill Xavier's role as tactical leader of the team. and McCoy was their science expert. they've been around long enough to command respect from any incoming junior X-Men. instead, it's like Warren and Bobby peaked in "high school." being manipulated by Magneto didn't seem to help them much. their opinion of the man didn't change.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 01-02-2019 at 09:15 AM.