Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Magneto Appreciation 2018

A new thread for Max Eisenhardt aka Erik Lehnsherr aka Magnus, the Master of Magnetism himself: MAGNETO!
    D689C464-5518-4CBC-B9C6-D29A168FFB86.jpg
    Last edited by Rod G; 09-11-2018 at 05:02 PM.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

I think you'll find he already has one in the X-Men section.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Now you tell me.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

yay, Magneto!!

BANNED

Happy 55th Anniversary 616 Magneto! 1963-2018

Uncanny X-Men #1 Sep 1963
    "X-Men"
    At Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters in Westchester County, New York, Professor Charles Xavier summons his students telepathically.
    When the Beast, Angel, Iceman, and Cyclops arrive, he puts them through a series of exercises to hone their mutant talents.
    Xavier then introduces them to a new student, Marvel Girl, to whom he explains the purpose of his school:
    his students do receive an education, but they are also the first line of defense against evil mutants.

Meanwhile, at Cape Citadel, Magneto causes a rocket to crash.
    The next day he takes over the whole base and claims it in the name of Homo superior (i.e. mutants).
    When Xavier hears about the incident, he sends his X-Men on their first mission.
    Cyclops uses his eye beams to make a hole in Magneto's force field, thus alerting him to their presence.
    Magneto launches a volley of heat-seeking missiles, which lock on to Angel.
    Iceman knocks most of them out, and the Beast catches the last one.

Magneto then sends metal debris at Angel. Cyclops destroys it. Magneto flings a burning tanker truck at the team.
    Iceman covers them with an ice shield, and Cyclops blasts a tunnel under the flames so that they come up near Magneto.
    Unprepared for such power and resourcefulness, Magneto sets up another force field and levitates himself to safety.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Paul Reinman

I hate the new movie armor that Fox has put him in.

It was nice seeing Bunn take on Magneto over the last few years before he was forced to reset him to factory default last month. Gonna miss those years of him being an ally rather than a villain.

they've chosen the less interesting story for some reason. I was picking up Bunn's current work solely because of his work on the Magneto solo.

BANNED

That's too bad.

Magneto is one of the coolest characters Marvel has and one of the few X-Characters who has crossed out of the X-line. I hope this thread stays open on the marvel side.

But until then all hail the King!

Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

it feels as if the character has taken a backseat lately. I think he needs to branch out of the x-verse a bit. i'm not sure how they'd do it, though. it's just weird that we only see him in conjunction with the X-Men. he's back to being a terrorist, right? do the Avengers just look the other way because of his mutancy?

Magneto is an incredible character.
    I like the X-Men, but only a few characters make me jump out of the chair, and Magneto is one of them.

This should be in the X-Men forums...

Yeah, it should - and there's already one there. There ought to have been no further posts after I previously pointed that out.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, it should - and there's already one there. There ought to have been no further posts after I previously pointed that out.
    Is there a thread for Magneto in the X-Men section?
    I think he's a fascinating character.