Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

If anyone could make me care about Hope, it would be Claremont. Certainly not what I was hoping he'd be writing, though.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Ororo... even had memorable interactions with Cable.

P.S That Kurt is an abomination. He looks like a monkey.
    Yes, Kurt looks horrible.

As for Ororo, she and Nathan were actually very tight in the mid and late 90's. They almost dated for a while there, and she was definitely guest starring in his series for a while(they even killed the Hulk together), and he was in her original mini series. Then they were both on Claremont's team.

It's definitely been a while since anyone has had them interact, but there was a time, for sure.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Storm and Cable dating would feel really weird.
    Both are sexy and magnificent people but their conection with Jean really would make it weird.

That's what made it kind of interesting to me, in a weird way. And, let's be honest, if there's one thing the X-men have always been it is weird.

I would've enjoyed seeing something come of that relationship. But then it was forgotten. And later Cable jumped into the timestream with Hope for 17 years and got old. So now they're "rebooting" him. *sigh*

Hmm...perhaps if Kid Cable ages up some he and Storm might have a shot? You never know I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Both are sexy and magnificent people but their conection with Jean really would make it weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That's what made it kind of interesting to me, in a weird way. And, let's be honest, if there's one thing the X-men have always been it is weird.

I would've enjoyed seeing something come of that relationship. But then it was forgotten. And later Cable jumped into the timestream with Hope for 17 years and got old. So now they're "rebooting" him. *sigh*

Hmm...perhaps if Kid Cable ages up some he and Storm might have a shot? You never know I guess...
    I mean, Jean is not even Cable's mother for real. Cable/Storm was at least far less crazy than X-Man/Maddie. I think the 90's almost romance was actually pretty interesting and far more compelling than Forge, for example, but that moment has passed. I wouldn't try to angle Wifi into the role now.

I've been largely dipping in and out. Have they named / explained the grey scale twins yet? I kinda wonder if their 616's answer to Andy and Lauren Strucker (despite being French) since Fenris is to old (and half dead) to adapt.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    If anyone could make me care about Hope, it would be Claremont. Certainly not what I was hoping he'd be writing, though.
    He's writing part of the Christmas special too.

I think all he's going to be limited to are short stories.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I've been largely dipping in and out. Have they named / explained the grey scale twins yet? I kinda wonder if their 616's answer to Andy and Lauren Strucker (despite being French) since Fenris is to old (and half dead) to adapt.
    there's only been 2 issues. Their identity likely wont be revealed till the last, or 4th at the earliest

BANNED

They're both adults. It would've been more awkward when she was dating Wolverine if Jean had been alive.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    They're both adults. It would've been more awkward when she was dating Wolverine if Jean had been alive.
    Yeah but Storm knew Cable when he was still a baby. Before that, when he was on Maddie's belly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah but Storm knew Cable when he was still a baby. Before that, when he was on Maddie's belly.
    She only saw him twice as a baby (heck arguably once as the X-men left almost immediately as soon as Inferno was settled). Its not like she was babysitting and changing diapers. She had zero connection/relationship with him as a youngster. I think the weirder thing for them in a relationship is that he's her best friend's son, not that she met him twice as ababy

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It's weird because Jean doesn't see Cable as an adult
    tumblr_pbfbab27kK1udsh6eo1_1280.jpg

It's weird because Jean doesn't see Cable as an adult
    tumblr_pbfbab27kK1udsh6eo1_1280.jpg
    Err, I don't think this is meant to be taken as literally as you kind of make it sound. It's more of a general "Moms will always see their children as their babies deep down" thing, not to the point where she would be actually weirded out by Cable having a relationship...

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Err, I don't think this is meant to be taken as literally as you kind of make it sound. It's more of a general "Moms will always see their children as their babies deep down" thing, not to the point where she would be actually weirded out by Cable having a relationship...
    I mean, Cable was married and had a kid before coming to back to this timeline, as well as being in a relationship with Domino previously so it's not like Jean doesn't know any of that. She's sure to have those mom feelings for him, but not about his adult relationships.

Mighty Member

Even without Cable's relationships, the Summers family tree is confusing enough.

I'm not really feeling Kid Cable. Unless Extermination gives me a reason to care for him, I don't give a crap.

As for Hope, I'm not sure where they can go with her now. Honestly, that girl needs some friends who aren't X-Men to make her a bit more interesting.