Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    It's contagious, I know.
    “Instead of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen, not dark but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Tempestuous as the sea, and stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me and despair!”

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Wait, really? That's... needlessly complicated. Like, really complicated.
    Someone asked if it would be helpful to have read ‘The Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix’ and he said yes, so basically that indicates that he’s the same guy. Maybe I read more into that than I should have, though. Perhaps he just meant in order to understand the connection between he and Jean, with her calling him “her son.”

Come to think of it, this could be a Cable from a totally different future after all. That would certainly serve to streamline him. But we saw his sleeve torn in the last issue and he has a metal arm. He also has the eye scars which come from the T-O virus. So, if this is a different version, why does he have the T-O virus? Who gave it to him? If it was Apocalypse when he was a baby, before being sent to the future to save his life, then it’s got to be the same version. Or it’s a hell of a coincidence if he has a totally different origin and yet somehow he still got infected. On his left side.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 09-12-2018 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Time displaced O5 ruin everything! Lol, yeah I immediately wished Hope was in her place there.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    I'm still bummed nothing became of this:
    Saaaaaaame. If pre-reveal Marrow wasn’t so annoying I wonder if this series would’ve been better received. This series was so uneven but there were so many parts of it that I enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    “Instead of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen, not dark but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Tempestuous as the sea, and stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me and despair!”
    LOTR yaaaassss!!! Haha

Xenu dammit Cyclopstans are so annoying

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    What is she exactly if she's not that. Failed Jean resurrection? Her story fails to impress me and since she doesn't even do anything mechanically anymore, what's the point?
    Exactly. You said it best for such a long time there were narrative hints that she was going to be Jean Grey and then...diddly squat became of that and Marvel's interest in her character plummeted post AvX.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Someone asked if it would be helpful to have read ‘The Adventures of Cyclops & Phoenix’ and he said yes, so basically that indicates that he’s the same guy. Maybe I read more into that than I should have, though. Perhaps he just meant in order to understand the connection between he and Jean, with her calling him “her son.”

Come to think of it, this could be a Cable from a totally different future after all. That would certainly serve to streamline him. But we saw his sleeve torn in the last issue and he has a metal arm. He also has the eye scars which come from the T-O virus. So, if this is a different version, why does he have the T-O virus? Who gave it to him? If it was Apocalypse when he was a baby, before being sent to the future to save his life, then it’s got to be the same version. Or it’s a hell of a coincidence if he has a totally different origin and yet somehow he still got infected. On his left side.
    Given that the future in the MU isn't set in stone it could be Cable from any number of alternate futures which follow similar paths to the core Cable's future but have smaller twists to them. This Cable could very well have lead pretty much the same life as the core Cable save for the twist of coming to the core MU reality at a younger age.
    I mean Stryfe has legitimately died a few times but keeps coming back in what would have to be alternate versions of himself that just happen to follow very similar paths to the main Stryfe.

Fantastic Member

the problem is no fan cared for her anyhow. The only nice aspect of her personality was her relationship with Cable. She is one of the million Jean Grey clones running around out there. At the moment teenage Jean even looks 100 % identical like Hope Summers...Just kill her off. Honestly, nobody needs Hope Summers...she is the "fetch" of the X-Men universe...
    I don't see how you could say that when in this thread alone there are several people happy to have her back. You may dislike her but that doesn't mean you speak for all the fandom. I have always loved Hope as hers was the story that got me back into comics but I don't need anyone else to love her. It seems that many people critical of certain characters need others to feel the same way to validate their belief. Speak for yourself. Own your feelings. Don't generalize.

Spectacular Member

point taken. And I do not want to offend a group of fans of a character who has no future in the X-Men comics anyhow.
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-12-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Oh look,jean is gonna heal another one.Despite having to deal with death of her father once,hope's gonna lose it this time because jean is gonna HEEEEAAAAL the world.
    Expecting a monologue about Cyke instead? She's literally helping friends who are X-men in the case of Doug and Bets the latter of which she's consistently helped before in the past. And now Hope, after her dad died you know the dad Jean helped raised...in the future...for like twelve years...same dad she refers to as "son". In this specific instance the sentiments are warranted.

I'm honestly perplexed by some fans reaction to Jean doing things in character, but I get it she's been missing for fourteen years I know you all still need time to remember what it felt like when the X-men really cared for one another.

and that's not a beautiful thing to do? The X-Men face so much despair and grief over the year, what's wrong with a little healing and love? What else is telepathy than a means for endless empathy? I think this is very much the beautiful thing about Jean Grey. Although she is able to see all the ugliness in a person's minds, she still looks past that and sees humanity.
    Exactly!!!
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 09-12-2018 at 03:54 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

The X-Men have been miserable a long time before Jean Grey has been resurrected. You remember M-Pox? or the bus of mutant children being blown up right in front of the Xavier Institute? etc. etc.

The difference is that Jean Grey is back now and takes care of her family again. Because this is what she does and always has done...

Attachment 70679

and my favorite Jean moment. She is Xavier's truest student:

Attachment 70680

she even healed the entire universe as Phoenix.

.....or maybe she simply feels super guilty for killing millions of people in her past life as a destructive maniac and obsessively tries to make amends now for her horrible crimes.
    That bus full of detritus was a beautiful thing when it blew up.

Hope could lead a new X-Factor team. Since the original X-Factor was the original X-Men and the ne X-Force team is the original X-Force; the new X-factor could be the New X-Men: Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Banshee, Wolverine and Sunfire (even though he did not join in GS X-Men #1 he was still invited).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    Hope could lead a new X-Factor team. Since the original X-Factor was the original X-Men and the ne X-Force team is the original X-Force; the new X-factor could be the New X-Men: Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Banshee, Wolverine and Sunfire (even though he did not join in GS X-Men #1 he was still invited).
    Hope leading a team of veteran X-men that have been around since the 70s would be worse than Kitty leading Gold

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Man thats an ugly Kurt
    He's a dark blue Grinch LOL

ugh Claremont...skip

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Just tear out the Claremont pages and read the rest lol.