Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Even without Cable's relationships, the Summers family tree is confusing enough.

I'm not really feeling Kid Cable. Unless Extermination gives me a reason to care for him, I don't give a crap.

As for Hope, I'm not sure where they can go with her now. Honestly, that girl needs some friends who aren't X-Men to make her a bit more interesting.
    It would actually be interesting to see her in West Coast Avengers with Quentin

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It would actually be interesting to see her in West Coast Avengers with Quentin
    Quentin is someone I can't stand to the point of him devaluing the book he's in. Personally, I'm sure she can find some nice inhumans, random mutants on the street, or even Franklin Richards, seeing how Adult Franklin Richards from Hickman's FF run has Franklin in a possible future with Hope. Her whole life is defined by the X-Men. It's time she tried to get some more history like Storm who has her village in Africa or Magik who has Limbo and magic.

Mighty Member

Was just listening to Monody by TheFatRat, and it got me wishing-- if this is the last we see of Cable for the foreseeable future, then I really want an epic funeral. Like the one James Gunn gave Yondu in GotG2, complete with a gun salute care of X-Force lead by Deadpool. The real Askani'son deserves as much after everything he did for the X-Men throughout the years.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Well said!

Though it is looking more and more like this younger Cable is the same one, just from an earlier point in his life. Kind of weird, in a ‘Looper’ kind of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Well said!

Though it is looking more and more like this younger Cable is the same one, just from an earlier point in his life. Kind of weird, in a ‘Looper’ kind of way.
    Where are you getting that from?

A few things:

1) The Professor program, which he had back in the day;

2) Use of the word “Oath” which was something our Cable used to say all the time; and

3) Ed Brisson pretty much indicated as much on Twitter. He says “there’s a specific reason he’s the age he is and it will give us some nice X-Force/Cable back story stuff that he’s excited to write.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/edbrisson...21256680280064

That indicates to me that this is indeed the same Cable, just from an earlier time in his life.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 09-27-2018 at 11:24 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    A few things:

1) The Professor program, which he had back in the day;

2) Use of the word “Oath” which was something our Cable used to say all the time; and

3) Ed Brisson pretty much indicated as much on Twitter. He says “there’s a specific reason he’s the age he is and it will give us some nice X-Force/Cable back story stuff that he’s excited to write.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/edbrisson...21256680280064

That indicates to me that this is indeed the same Cable, just from an earlier time in his life.
    I'm of the same thought process. Brisson himself said that "backstories matter". Something has happened that has caused a teenage Cable to jump into the timestream and try to fix things. He has Professor in his head, he uses an Askani exclamation like he used to.