Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Jean had Cable since he was a baby, while she met Rachel as an adult. this obviously made her connecting and interacting with Cable way easier.
    000tumblr_pbsmqjkgfC1vh8453o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_pdsoreSVdn1udsh6eo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_ol9tlxFjBD1v2rhf9o3_500.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I feel bad for Jackraow, he isn't going to be happy with thr news .
    Ha. There is literally no way Cable stays dead. I’m not even upset because I am that confident he’ll back early next year. There are clearly plans for him. Marvel has been telegraphing that for months now.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Looks like this death may stick! (for a while anyways, 2-3 years likely, maybe less if X-Force movie happens and he's in it.)
    Doubtful. If it does stick, younger Cable will stick around. Not crazy about that, but I’m betting they’ll age him up some to make him more reflective of the Cable readers know. And maybe more reflective of Brolin’s Cable in the movies I guess. In terms of appearance, attitude, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ha. There is literally no way Cable stays dead. I’m not even upset because I am that confident he’ll back early next year. There are clearly plans for him. Marvel has been telegraphing that for months now.
    But what if they take as long as they did with Wolverine

I agree that Cable isn't staying dead.

As for Hope, I've tried to like her. I have everything with her in it from Messiah Complex to AvX to X-Force, but I just can't really feel much towards the character. I like Hope Abbott aka Trance much more than Hope Summers, honestly.

But it will still be good to see Jean and Hope interact, especially for the longest time many thought she was going to end up being Jean reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    But what if they take as long as they did with Wolverine
    They won’t. For one thing, a younger version of the character is the one who killed him. And he’s still here. Like I said, worst case scenario this is some re-set, back to basics attempt with the character. Bringing back his edge, de-aging him some. Making him look more like Brolin-Cable from Deadpool 2.

I'm definitely going to check it out. Just like Drakeon said, these guys use a lot of continuity.

They won’t. For one thing, a younger version of the character is the one who killed him. And he’s still here. Like I said, worst case scenario this is some re-set, back to basics attempt with the character. Bringing back his edge, de-aging him some. Making him look more like Brolin-Cable from Deadpool 2.
    You know, a few years ago, i would have told you than that was impossible... but then i remember what happened to Nick Fury.

I lowkey hope they reboot classic X-Force with Hope in Cable's place.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Since when has either been referred to by Chris and N.C. respectively? That just seemed odd
    Nathan Christopher is from X-Factor. Sadly that's pretty much how I'll always see Cable. Chris is a verily typical derivation of Christopher, Scott's dad.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Jean had Cable since he was a baby, while she met Rachel as an adult. this obviously made her connecting and interacting with Cable way easier.
    000tumblr_pbsmqjkgfC1vh8453o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_pdsoreSVdn1udsh6eo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_ol9tlxFjBD1v2rhf9o3_500.jpg
    Real talk. Nathan Christopher is Jean's only offspring that she gives a crap about. Rachel hasn't ever say well with her (because of what she represented) and Hope is a stranger. Jean feeling anything of note for her beyond what she would feel for anyone grieving is beyond ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I'm still bummed nothing became of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    or maybe she is already dating the younger version of her dad to suppress her sad feelings? Jean Grey and Cable clones seem to have a thing for each other in this universe.
    Wasn't there something weird going on with Nate Grey and Hope in the New Mutants reunion series or am I mixing it up with a waitingforthet comic???

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Real talk. Nathan Christopher is Jean's only offspring that she gives a crap about. Rachel hasn't ever say well with her (because of what she represented) and Hope is a stranger. Jean feeling anything of note for her beyond what she would feel for anyone grieving is beyond ridiculous.
    True. But watch Marvel spin otherwise
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

they could have at least put Rachel on the cover instead of Beast.... geez