Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    and that's not a beautiful thing to do? The X-Men face so much despair and grief over the year, what's wrong with a little healing and love? What else is telepathy than a means for endless empathy? I think this is very much the beautiful thing about Jean Grey. Although she is able to see all the ugliness in a person's minds, she still looks past that and sees humanity.
    What's not beautiful about that is they're making people miserable so that jean can come up & heal them.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 09-12-2018 at 03:07 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    What's not beautiful about that is they're making people miserable so that jean can come up & heal them.
    The X-Men have been miserable a long time before Jean Grey has been resurrected. You remember M-Pox? or the bus of mutant children being blown up right in front of the Xavier Institute? etc. etc.

The difference is that Jean Grey is back now and takes care of her family again. Because this is what she does and always has done...

2141465-tumblr_ltumrdsrbz1r1uiavo1_1280.jpg

and my favorite Jean moment. She is Xavier's truest student:

xmn030_14.jpg

she even healed the entire universe as Phoenix.

.....or maybe she simply feels super guilty for killing millions of people in her past life as a destructive maniac and obsessively tries to make amends now for her horrible crimes.
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-12-2018 at 03:29 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    As much as I dislike Hope, I don't think it's unreasonable that she'd be affected by Cable's death. What I do want to know is if they'll acknowledge Second Coming-- that this has already happened before. Heck, this happened again in X-Sanction. I also agree with what a previous poster mentioned that, at this stage, Hope is still a stranger to Jean.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

You even describe her as the "female version of Cable". A woman shouldn't be the female version of anything...that makes her even less interesting to me because she clearly has no interesting potential whatsoever besides being a female copy of someone else.
    Nope calm down with that junk "Female version of Cable" describe how she can be used in stories not that she is clone of character with breast. I could have said badass mutant Soldier who occasional does time travel stories and super powered military espionage stories but that is way longer and there is no female character who quite fits the bill . I would talk about the other points but you have already made up your mind what the character will be even though all the conditions for the hate have been removed. To each their own and I guess

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    As much as I dislike Hope, I don't think it's unreasonable that she'd be affected by Cable's death. What I do want to know is if they'll acknowledge Second Coming-- that this has already happened before. Heck, this happened again in X-Sanction. I also agree with what a previous poster mentioned that, at this stage, Hope is still a stranger to Jean.
    I was talking about "second coming/x-sanction".Hope already dealt with it.No need to take her on a darker path.

Mighty Member

The X-Men have been miserable a long time before Jean Grey has been resurrected. You remember M-Pox? or the bus of mutant children being blown up right in front of the Xavier Institute? etc. etc.

The difference is that Jean Grey is back now and takes care of her family again. Because this is what she does and always has done...

2141465-tumblr_ltumrdsrbz1r1uiavo1_1280.jpg

xmn030_14.jpg

.....or maybe she simply feels super guilty for killing millions of people in her past life as a destructive maniac and obsessively tries to make amends now for her horrible crimes.

Maaaaaan Jean is a Godess
    Attached Images Attached Images

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Jean sure did love Nathan more than Rachel

Days of Future Present flashbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I can't believe after introducing his replacement people that people only now realizing that the death is sticking. As soon as I saw young cable I was ugh " the death doesn't mean a much now" and " he is going to stick around and they are going to get over the fact he killed himself because well Xmen".
    Especially since Brisson has indicated on Twitter that this is indeed the same Cable, the one raised in the far future by the Askani, only younger. The O5 clearly caused some sort of timeline crisis and he now came back earlier (in terms of his life) but also later (in terms of actual time period) to the present day. Which definitely creates some sort of weird “Looper” type paradox in terms of his existence, where he’s destined to one day kill himself...only, can he? If he sticks around, this younger version I mean.

My head hurts. Not sure this is really going to simplify Cable at all, if that is indeed their plan. Which seems logical coming off his popularity in Deadpool 2 and with an X-Force film set to go into production next year.

We’ll see I suppose. But I really don’t believe this “death” is going to stick. Maybe for this older version, who raised Hope and whatnot, but Cable will be around in 2019 and quite likely leading a new X-Force. I’m willing to take bets on it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Especially since Brisson has indicated on Twitter that this is indeed the same Cable, the one raised in the far future by the Askani, only younger. The O5 clearly caused some sort of timeline crisis and he now came back earlier (in terms of his life) but also later (in terms of actual time period) to the present day. Which definitely creates some sort of weird “Looper” type paradox in terms of his existence, where he’s destined to one day kill himself...only, can he? If he sticks around, this younger version I mean.

My head hurts. Not sure this is really going to simplify Cable at all, if that is indeed their plan. Which seems logical coming off his popularity in Deadpool 2 and with an X-Force film set to go into production next year.

We’ll see I suppose. But I really don’t believe this “death” is going to stick. Maybe for this older version, who raised Hope and whatnot, but Cable will be around in 2019 and quite likely leading a new X-Force. I’m willing to take bets on it.
    Wait, really? That's... needlessly complicated. Like, really complicated.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

and that's not a beautiful thing to do? The X-Men face so much despair and grief over the year, what's wrong with a little healing and love? What else is telepathy than a means for endless empathy? I think this is very much the beautiful thing about Jean Grey. Although she is able to see all the ugliness in a person's minds, she still looks past that and sees humanity.
    I think it's good for Jean to help her fellow X-men grieve, but I'd like to see someone help her. I've always been that friend that everyone comes to for help and advice, but yet I rarely get that in return. Has anyone really asked how she's doing? I know Ororo would, but has that been shown? Where's Doc Samson when you need him? Get your anger and your frustrations out Jean! Your whole family is dead!!! Your husband is dead!! Your son is dead!!! You've been killed countless times!! Burn them all!!

Ooops, got a little carried away...

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I think we're mostly agreeing. Yes Jean is empathic so she would feel what she would feel for anyone who was grieving which is what I said. As for her feeling a connection to Hope, I think that's thin at best. Show me where Jean has responded positively when confronted with a new family member. The other examples (Rachel, NC, Gabriel & Nate) aren't exactly easy pills for Jean to swallow.
    Jean is older, wiser and has more experience. Rachel is the only one of those that she had a bad reaction to and it was bc of her association with the PF and having Rachel literally sprung on her by surprise. She never met Gabriel. She was accepting of Cable and Nate Grey (whom she bonded with and accepted). I cant see her treating Hope the way she did Rachel.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    I think it's good for Jean to help her fellow X-men grieve, but I'd like to see someone help her. I've always been that friend that everyone comes to for help and advice, but yet I rarely get that in return. Has anyone really asked how she's doing? I know Ororo would, but has that been shown? Where's Doc Samson when you need him? Get your anger and your frustrations out Jean! Your whole family is dead!!! Your husband is dead!! Your son is dead!!! You've been killed countless times!! Burn them all!!

Ooops, got a little carried away...
    you are right. I think Nightcrawler and Jean had some beautiful moments in X-Men Red 1 where exactly this was offered to her. No idea why Tom Taylor stopped writing these heartfelt gorgeous moments of friendship and family while the series progressed...that is something that I really want to see in X-Men Red. Storm and Nightcrawler in particular should encourage Jean to burn the entire world down...Oops...

X-Men-Red-1-7.jpg

Jean and Ororo need some girl time.

IA. Jean has always been the heart of the team that has comforted everyone in their time of need

31.jpg

unc_xmen_v1_337_14_rougher.jpg

kittyjean.JPG

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IA. Jean has always been the heart of the team that has comforted everyone in their time of need

31.jpg

unc_xmen_v1_337_14_rougher.jpg

kittyjean.JPG
    aaawwww, I need a Jean hug!

I think it very much makes sense that she is so purely empathetic as a telepath. I think there are only two ways to be a telepath constantly reading all the ugly truths about people. Becoming bitter and cold like Emma Frost, or looking deeper into humanity and see all the little insecurities in people which lead to ugly behavior...Xavier taught Jean well, I think.
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-12-2018 at 07:10 AM.

you are right. I think Nightcrawler and Jean had some beautiful moments in X-Men Red 1 where exactly this was offered to her. No idea why Tom Taylor stopped writing these heartfelt gorgeous moments of friendship and family while the series progressed...that is something that I really want to see in X-Men Red. Storm and Nightcrawler in particular should encourage Jean to burn the entire world down...Oops...
    It's contagious, I know.

X-Men-Red-1-7.jpg

Jean and Ororo need some girl time.
    That was a beautiful Jean/Kurt moment. Jean is considered the heart of the team and Kurt the soul.