Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Fantastic Member

I think the evidence makes the case for Landon. Think of it: The man had multiple long running TV shows, and from the time Bonanza started in 1959, to the end of Highway to Heaven in 1989, the guy had a TV series running for a stretch of three decades, and it likely would have continued into the 90s if he hadn't died. That's a hell of a track record with the fact that he wrote, directed, and produced.

I'd say he takes the crown here.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker Venom View Post
    I think the evidence makes the case for Landon. Think of it: The man had multiple long running TV shows, and from the time Bonanza started in 1959, to the end of Highway to Heaven in 1989, the guy had a TV series running for a stretch of three decades, and it likely would have continued into the 90s if he hadn't died. That's a hell of a track record with the fact that he wrote, directed, and produced.

William Shatner has Star Trek, TJ Hooker, Rescue 911, and Boston Legal as multi-year series, plus he won multiple Battle of the Network Stars. That’s an icon.

Oops, I was thinking it said actor. Lucille Ball is obviously the greatest TV star of all time.
    Last edited by useridgoeshere; 09-21-2018 at 07:44 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    William Shatner has Star Trek, TJ Hooker, Rescue 911, and Boston Legal as multi-year series, plus he won multiple Battle of the Network Stars. That’s an icon.
    Despite that, Shatner doesn't have a nearly uninterrupted 30 year run as a headliner on network TV. That's something I'm hard pressed to think of anyone else being able to claim.

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    Big fan of Michael Landon. My friends always laugh at me when I mention him when it comes to acting.
    I used to mention Bill Bixby in that context and people would laugh because he wasn't some big movie star and they thought of the material he did as corny which is probably why people react that way to Michael Landon though he was a great actor.
    Power with Girl is better.

Fantastic Member

He definitely had the greatest hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker Venom View Post

That and very simply, Landon was a damn fine actor.

I can't really weigh in on the discussion of "greatest" but I used to watch Bonanza in reruns, watched Little House and Highway to Heaven as they aired and he sure did have a great touch with the shows. I have all of the Little House stuff on DVD so I can watch Pa Ingalls any time I want.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I remember how NBC was scared of airing Highway to Heaven in 1984 or 1985. Landon did that show after he prayed his daughter would survive a wreck she had. That it was told he promised he'd do a show for God if he saved his daughter. (a decade later he did Highway for that)

Course he took heat as I said , where he played an angel sent by God to do good things. But it paid off.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.