Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Not reallya problem, per se, but I would like to see the undead versions of Jack Sparrow and Captain Barbossa play poker with Tony Stark, Stephen Strange, Rocket/Groot, and... I dunno, maybe punch drunk Thor.

Astonishing Member

Soul, Power, Mind, Space, Reality, and Time: what about that strikes you as even remotely scientific rather than purely supernatural?
    Except for Soul - the others are all topics of modern physics and modern neuroscience. That's not supernatural. Soul is best left to cultural discussions of music and food.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Except for Soul - the others are all topics of modern physics and modern neuroscience. That's not supernatural. Soul is best left to cultural discussions of music and food.
    Neuroscience doesn't deal with the mind. Science has not yet been able to prove something like a "mind" actually exists.
    Time, apparently, is also one of those things science isn't quite sure it even exists.

Reality? Nope, science does not deal with reality warping in the slightest.

Space and Power? Kinda. But all manner of magic also deals with space and power.

And really, these six things as primordial concepts that the universe is built on? That is 100% mystic BS and not related to any kind of science.

Astonishing Member

I don't think you are really up on modern neuroscience. I will disagree with you on the physics. Define supernatural in the context of this thread.

BANNED

Define supernatural in the context of this thread.
    Stuff we can't explain with science.

The stones certainly seem more mystic/divine in nature than any sort of created tech. They are primordial fragments of creation or whatever.

Sure, some tech could probably work out what they are doing maybe sorta kinda. But in the MCU they still seem pretty divine in nature
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member

Whether creation was science based or some Sky Daddy waving his hand is quite a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    I don't see them getting spooked, so much as getting killed by some threats. After all, they've faced a planet-razing mass murderer responsible for the deaths of billions without batting an eye. This, of course, says nothing about beating something like Samara or one of the 13 ghosts (I can totally see them actually killing some of the human Avengers). But scared? No.

I'm sure Freddy could think of something.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Whether creation was science based or some Sky Daddy waving his hand is quite a debate.
    I'm talking from the perspective of the MCU which seems to be following the basic idea of 616 at least slightly more than Simulation Theory.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure