Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who can spook the MCU

What demons and/or entities from horror films would be a problem for MCU Heroes

Mighty Member

I don't think many MCU characters have feats of dealing with intangible opponents. Strange and Scarlet Witch maybe have some chance, but what can the likes of Hulk do to one of the ghosts from 13 Ghosts?

BANNED

I would pay money to see them have to live with Beetlejuice...

Incredible Member

I guess Pennywise could scare the likes of Tony, Steve, Sam, Rhodes and Nat the more human guys and gals.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDiggle View Post
    I guess Pennywise could scare the likes of Tony, Steve, Sam, Rhodes and Nat the more human guys and gals.
    It would freak him out but I see Stark killing it with a repulser blast pretty quick

The nun...?

I don't see them getting spooked, so much as getting killed by some threats. After all, they've faced a planet-razing mass murderer responsible for the deaths of billions without batting an eye. This, of course, says nothing about beating something like Samara or one of the 13 ghosts (I can totally see them actually killing some of the human Avengers). But scared? No.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    I don't think many MCU characters have feats of dealing with intangible opponents. Strange and Scarlet Witch maybe have some chance, but what can the likes of Hulk do to one of the ghosts from 13 Ghosts?
    Ghost Rider from Agents of SHIELD incinerated otherwise intangible ghosts so he'd be the one to go to for those types.

Astonishing Member

Scarlet Witch isn't really supernatural but more superduper weird reality shifting TK. Can she affect the supernatural?

A fully competent Strange would be trouble except for the highest end supernatural.

Thor - a mixture of magic and science?

MU, in general, has an overlap between science and magic. The highest end science types can sneer at lower level magic. Way back when Karnilla blasted Silver Surfer who wasn't even tickled. Sentry takes Morgan to task.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Scarlet Witch isn't really supernatural but more superduper weird reality shifting TK. Can she affect the supernatural?
    How is she not supernatural?

And even Hawkeye can affect the supernatural by shooting it full of explosive arrows.

Astonishing Member

She gets her powers by being a mutant and not invoking spells or supernatural entities. The name doesn't mean origin of powers.

BANNED

She gets her powers by being a mutant and not invoking spells or supernatural entities. The name doesn't mean origin of powers.
    She gets her powers from an Infinity Stone. That's way more supernatural than merely doing magic. Also, Mutants do not exist yet in her universe.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

An MCU D'Spayre would be neat.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    She gets her powers from an Infinity Stone. That's way more supernatural than merely doing magic. Also, Mutants do not exist yet in her universe.
    Define supernatural then. The stones seem to be in the MCU science paradigm artifacts rather than a supernatural one. Granted Strange had one.

BANNED

Define supernatural then. The stones seem to be in the MCU science paradigm artifacts rather than a supernatural one. Granted Strange had one.
    The science paradigm and the magick paradigm in the MCU don't seem to be entirely separate.

Regardless, science holds that a "mind" is just chemical reactions, not something a primordial Stone governs. And really, the Stones of Soul, Power, Mind, Space, Reality, and Time: what about that strikes you as even remotely scientific rather than purely supernatural?