Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is the saga where two-face will appear?

If this is WITHOUT Bat-team I am interested in this.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I LOVE the art and yes on more detective stuff.
    The undie doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. There's a lot of shadows and the black blend in. I guess it depends on the art.
    I don't think I'll ever get used to redhead Jim Gordon. He's just too young for the present day.

The more I see the classic suit, the more sad I get that he'll be switching to his doomsday clock suit eventually. Hopefully that's no longer set in stone.

I swear it's like when they first brought Superman's trunks back. They look tacked onto the costume to me now .

"Bottom line, this is a mystery and I'm a detective, and this is Detective Comics so we're going to be doing some detecting gosh darnit" .

"Like I need your permission." Jeez Batman, we all know you usually steamroll over Gordon but at least you're usually more polite about it.

Amazing Member

The art looks SOLID in this. Hopefully the writing is too.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

See Batman just looks more badass with the undies. Let's see if Robinson can actually make this interesting since most of his writing puts me to sleep.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Love the artwork. Hope Robinson has a great story to go with it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Even though it's the secondary Batman book, I think Detective has more consistent art than Batman does. I've never heard of most of these guys that work on Detective either.

Can't wait to read a good detective story in Detective for once.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

The Caped Crusader returns to his detective roots....

Say no more.

And damn I didn't realize how much I missed those goofy undies till I saw them here.

Robinson done something that shouldn't be impossible possible. Batman was actually doing some detective work.

The art was good (this book has been very consistent when it comes to art) and it's the first issue from tec in good while that I actually enjoyed.

Batman was too much passive-agressive with Gordon for my taste, but the story has potential. Art was really good, especially on fight scenes
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Incredible Member

I don't like that they were so open with Batman's emotions in this issue but other than that it was very good and the art is amazing. This is the kind of Batman stories I crave. I want a textless version of that two-page spread of Batman and the city... It's nice to see Firefly's identity as Ted Carson codified (I think this is the first time they've actually said his name since that Nightwing annual) and for it to be confirmed that Lynns' time as Firefly is still canon too. Does anyone know if this is the first mention of Garfield Lynns' name in the post-Flashpoint comics? That's presumably him during War of Jokes and Riddles but I can't remember if they identify him... Anyway, be interesting to see how Two-Face plays into all this.

Also I'm a huge fan of Gotham so it's very very cool to see them bringing those characters over.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I still like Robinson's ONE YEAR LATER and am looking forward to this but Batman snapping at Gordon is pretty badly written Bruce right there.

I'd agree, those few panels just didn't read well. Outside of that, very enjoyable issue. Stephan Segovia could be DC's next budding superstar artist.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-