Amazing Member

Default Original Detective Comics #27 COMPLETE Reprint?

I've been thinking about this for a while, so figured I'd finally ask...

Has Detective Comics #27 - the issue with the original "Bat-Man" story - ever been reprinted in it's entirety?

Because, like... there were OTHER stories in that first issue, weren't there?

It seems to me a complete reprint of that issue would be like printing money for DC.

Maybe when 'Tec #1000 comes out, it could happen.

Maybe not. But I, for one, would love to see the context that the first Batman story first appeared in.
    Last edited by willtupper; 09-12-2018 at 03:23 AM.

Well DC has a Detective Comics Omnibus vol.1 for Febuary 2019 with issues #1-13 comming. We can suppose there will be more volumes.

Well, there was this over-sized version back in 1974 (the one I got when it originally came out):

Then in late 1999 DC released:

Amazing Member

Too cool. Thank you both!

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Millennium Edition Detective Comics #27 published in 2000 reprints all the stories.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Millennium_...omics_Vol_1_27

And it also looks like DC had Millennium Edition versions of Detective Comics #1 and #38 (when Robin was introduced) as well as some other much later issues.

Others included:
    * #225 (November 1955) with first Martian Manhunter story
    * #327 (May 1964) with start of the "New Look" Batman
    * #359 (January 1967) which introduced the Barbara Gordon version of Batgirl
    * #395 (January 1970) with first Dennis O'Neil and Neal Adams Batman story

Retired

The FAMOUS FIRST EDITIONS of 'TEC 27 and ACTION 1 were so comics accurate that unscrupulous sellers would remove the cardstock cover and sell the comics as if they were the original issues. Buyer beware.

Before DC did the MILLENNIUM EDITIONs, they did the SILVER AGE CLASSICS (in 1992), which included DETECTIVES COMICS Nos. 225 and 327. These were the last DC issues printed in the old way: "For 37 years, DC comics have been printed at World Color Press in Sparta, Illinois. Now that era comes to an end as DC switches to new printing processes...but DC's not forgetting that part of its long history. DC presents the DC SILVER AGE CLASSICS, the last books printed on these presses. To commemorate the end of this era in comics publishing, ten classic comic books that were originally printed at World Color Press are being printed there again. The DC SILVER AGE CLASSICS have been selected for their importance to the history of the field and to the continuing heritage of DC Comics."

The Batman Masterpiece Edition: The Caped Crusader's Golden Age boxed set with figure.
    Came with a pretty great facsimile.

Not mine, just showing they flip through the pages...
    https://www.adverts.ie/action-figure...n-age/10159069
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-19-2018 at 09:18 AM.