Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Today is the 25th anniversary of Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman

25 years of

BANNED

BBC ONE aired this on a Saturday night. Made my weekends growing up.

And it even saw use of the black suit in the final season.

Lois and Clark was never really the Superman show I hoped for, but it was entertaining enough most of the time. Dean was fairly charming and Teri was attractive and played smart enough for me to buy as Lois.

There's just something about Dean where he never really looked quite right to me as Superman though. He always struck me as looking more like Captain Marvel.

Astonishing Member

I loved this show, it was fun. I had the biggest crush on Dean.

I just recently got the complete set of all four season and am almost done with the first season. Pretty cheesy but a lot of fun and Teri is just so adorable. And Dean plays the Superman I want.
    As Lillian Luthor said "You are the only Superman we need".

I remember a simple time when Lois & Clark and Seaquest being on at the same time was my biggest problem.

Its aged terribly but once upon a time I didn't miss it for the first few seasons as a kid, and its fond memories.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I will always remember this scene.

Which always made me think that the animated series did this as a bit of a retort.

Its less of an issue in the comics - when you know the Martian Manhunter, you and your secret identity can be in the same place at the same time, display superpowers of needed, and answer even gotcha type questions posed to either one to throw off the scent.

I loved this show and its cheesy goodness.
    Star Trek and Superman on Saturday nights, X-Files on Sunday nights... The 90s were a simpler time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I will always remember this scene.
    Easily the most epic moment of the series, though the frog-eating Lois clone about to sleep with Superman on 'their' wedding night sure was creepy.
    Stand by to be stunned, indeed!
    Last edited by nx01a; 09-13-2018 at 12:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

A very underrated show if you ask me.

Otherwise known as the 25th Anniversary of my crush on Teri Hatcher.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

John Shea is still my favorite version of Luthor,outside of animation and video games.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

I kept believing this first aired in 1994, and I was confused looking at the title.
    It's cheesy fun, with good characterization here and there. My main issue is how often Dean goes; "aahhh.. Lois, ummm".
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Dean Cain is a nice guy it seems and loved the role. I mean his Superman wasn't the worst but I do remember critics then was like....well he doesn't really seem like Superman. I do wish they had done more fantasy elements in the show.

Also in reading the history of this shows creation is kinda wild looking back. The Superboy series was basically forced into cancellation by Warners as the Salkinds had the rights to it. Anyhow they forced it into cancellation by taking them into court to stop production because Warners wanted to do an exact different show with Superman in this. The idea was the Superboy series would conclude and do TV films for a couple years. But that changed quick.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.