Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    “Warner has been and continues to be our partners as they evolve the DC Universe" is the closest you're gonna get
    Which is telling the fact they simply don't end all speculation and everyone just say he is still Superman going forward.

Niffleheim

“Warner has been and continues to be our partners as they evolve the DC Universe" is the closest you're gonna get
    Cavill's agent tweet: Be peaceful, the cape is still in his closet. @wbpictures has been and continues to be our partners as they evolve the DC Universe. Anticipate a WB statement later today.

WB's statement: "While no decisions have been made regarding any upcoming Superman films, we've always had great respect for and a great relationship with Henry Cavill, and that remains unchanged."

What i'm reading from WB's reply is "We're still friends but i don't want to do business with you again"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    What i'm reading from WB's reply is "We're still friends but i don't want to do business with you again"
    I'm reading more something like "We're not looking to do a Superman film anytime soon, but whenever we get around to it, we would still like Henry Cavill to star in it."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'm reading more something like "We're not looking to do a Superman film anytime soon, but whenever we get around to it, we would still like Henry Cavill to star in it."
    I'm reading more like, "We're not doing Superman for a long time, so we both know you're out, but we want you to consider doing other movies for us."

if he agrees to a substantial paycutt they may take him back
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I'm reading more like, "We're not doing Superman for a long time, so we both know you're out, but we want you to consider doing other movies for us."
    You may be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Why would he want to?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Yup, this.

Cavill's people have been trying to argue that Cavill is so handsome and ripped he rates A-list money, despite not being a proven box-office draw.

Warner Bros think Superman is the best thing to happen to Cavill and he should be grateful for the opportunity they've given him, and if he continues to try and play hardball they will move on to other options.

I kind of side with the WB on this - he looks the part, but so do a few cheaper actors. He's not got enough of a fan-base to justifiy an A-list pay-check.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    Cavill's agent tweet: Be peaceful, the cape is still in his closet. @wbpictures has been and continues to be our partners as they evolve the DC Universe. Anticipate a WB statement later today.

WB's statement: "While no decisions have been made regarding any upcoming Superman films, we've always had great respect for and a great relationship with Henry Cavill, and that remains unchanged."

I'm surprised that despite the statements "no decision had been made" and "that remains unchanged" you still think this story had an ounce of truth to begin with

BANNED

I'm surprised that despite the statements "no decision had been made" and "that remains unchanged" you still think this story had an ounce of truth to begin with
    You really can't read between the lines can you?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    You really can't read between the lines can you?
    I don't see why I need to

THR published a story claiming that Cavill was done as Superman without listing a source as is common for most of their stories that turn out to be false or remain unconfirmed.

WB and Cavill's manager both denied the claims made in this story. It is not true that Cavill is not playing Superman anymore.

Maybe Cavill is planning to step down or is renegotiating his contract. Maybe WB does not want to keep him. Maybe I'm wrong or maybe I'm right and this whole thing was misconstrued by the media which I see all the time with stories about superhero movies. Either way I'm not denying any of that, I'm looking at the facts that we currently have.

If you see the statement "WB has been and continues to be our partners as they continue to evolve the DC universe" and decide for yourself that it isn't true and that Cavill and WB are indeed breaking ties, that's on you, not me. Go ahead and believe it; I don't have to because there is literally no reason why I should

I think it's less "Cavill is no longer playing Superman because Warner fired him" and more like "Cavill isn't playing Superman again any time soon because Warner wants to do other movies that don't have Superman". Yeah, there's the Supergirl one, but as said on the article, a young Kal-El is enough for that.

BANNED

I think Cavill and WB are in renegotiations talks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    ...but as said on the article, a young Kal-El is enough for that.
    I think the article has that backwards. Supergirl does not normally interact with young Kal-El.

BANNED

I'm surprised that the lack of a simple "this is not true" statement would cause you to think that the story might not be true. It's not hard to deny the story. It's a lot more effort to say something that is ambiguous, which this is.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Warner Bros think Superman is the best thing to happen to Cavill and he should be grateful for the opportunity they've given him, and if he continues to try and play hardball they will move on to other options.

I kind of side with the WB on this - he looks the part, but so do a few cheaper actors. He's not got enough of a fan-base to justifiy an A-list pay-check.
    Superman would be the best thing to happen to Cavill if there was competence in the creative direction behind the camera. He had no control over that, and he got to be the face of the divisive/failed film installments. They don't think he's much of an A-List star, and he isn't...but they fucked up the A-list role he took. He doesn't warrant that much more money (though we don't know what he's asking for, so even that's hard to say), but giving him the creative input he wants certainly doesn't sound too bad. They haven't done too well with the creative power over the character they have. This wouldn't change if they got another actor, it'd be the same old ****, and the new actor would have even less of a shot of getting creative input if they disagree with WB's direction.

I'm inclined to side with Cavill. They've jerked him and the character around for a while, and they want him to just hang tight for a new direction that may or may not ever come. I'd ask for more money too, there is no incentive otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I think the article has that backwards. Supergirl does not normally interact with young Kal-El.
    They want Supergirl to take place in the 70s for some stupid reason, pre-dating Superman. All so they don't have to deal with Cavill or the character when logically he should be around.