Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Superman would be the best thing to happen to Cavill if there was competence in the creative direction behind the camera. He had no control over that, and he got to be the face of the divisive/failed film installments. They don't think he's much of an A-List star, and he isn't...but they fucked up the A-list role he took. He doesn't warrant that much more money (though we don't know what he's asking for, so even that's hard to say), but giving him the creative input he wants certainly doesn't sound too bad. They haven't done too well with the creative power over the character they have. This wouldn't change if they got another actor, it'd be the same old ****, and the new actor would have even less of a shot of getting creative input if they disagree with WB's direction.

I'm inclined to side with Cavill. They've jerked him and the character around for a while, and they want him to just hang tight for a new direction that may or may not ever come. I'd ask for more money too, there is no incentive otherwise.

They want Supergirl to take place in the 70s for some stupid reason, pre-dating Superman. All so they don't have to deal with Cavill or the character when logically he should be around.
    Maybe they want to establish that the Supergirl setting is not in the current DCEU and never will be since, in the current DCEU, Supergirl doesn't exist yet let alone show up on Earth before Superman. It may be they want to subtly unravel the current DCEU and rewrite it without admitting that's what they are doing with a blatant restart.

Then again, they seem to be forging ahead with DCEU stuff so maybe, with Cavill out and MoS and BvS being regarded as a big mistake in direction, they just want vast distance between Supergirl and Superman and, yes, an excuse why Superman wouldn't be there.

Then again, if they forge ahead with anything like another Justice League movie, I think they'll have major problems without Superman just as they had major problems even with him.

Let's face it. In terms of popular appeal, they so totally messed themselves up with their foundations for the DCEU that they are just treading water and trying everything to see what works.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Originally Seth Grahame-Smith
    Then Rick Famuyiwa
    Currently John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein

Lots of movies lose a director or two along the way before they get made. Originally Joss Whedon was going to direct Wonder Woman. Then Michelle MacLaren dropped out of Wonder Woman and people panicked.
    Finally Patty Jenkins came on board and Wonder Woman was wonderful. Sounds like history is repeating itself. A movie loses a director or two and the sky is falling.

Read the comments on this article. Eerie how history repeats itself. Yeah, WB was going to F-up Wonder Woman because WW lost her director.

https://variety.com/2015/film/news/w...ticle-comments
    I thought the Lego movie guys were signed on too lord and Miller or whatever theyre names are and when they quite WB kept they're script or someshit. And I dont remember Whedon attached to this Wonder woman movie. I thought he was in talks for one awhile back before this movie. If so that's only two directors that's not abnormal. Also gambit has a directors quite while things were moving forward. Flash had people quitting while things were still in the planning stages so its not as bad as Gambit. Am I wrong or didnt gambit have locations were weeks away from filming in New Orleans when the last director quit? Iono that movies done now though I'm sure

BANNED

Lots of movies lose a director or two along the way before they get made. Originally Joss Whedon was going to direct Wonder Woman. Then Michelle MacLaren dropped out of Wonder Woman and people panicked.
    Finally Patty Jenkins came on board and Wonder Woman was wonderful. Sounds like history is repeating itself. A movie loses a director or two and the sky is falling.
    So... we can expect that Gambit film somewhere around 2030 then?
    Joss Whedon's failed Wonder Woman film predates the entire MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That's what I thought and I think Lord and Miller were also on the flash at one point. Maybe it was just as writers though i dont recall but I thought it was to direct it.

BANNED

If you Google 2019 Movie Release Dates, you find lots of references that Gambit is still slated for release on June 7 next year, but doesn't have a director. I'm curious to see how that works.

Not so curious I'd pay $15 to see the result, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    That's what I thought and I think Lord and Miller were also on the flash at one point. Maybe it was just as writers though i dont recall but I thought it was to direct it.
    I think just Rick Famuyiwa and Seth Grahame-Smith were the only previous directors.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I think just Rick Famuyiwa and Seth Grahame-Smith were the only previous directors.
    Ok finally had time to google it they wrote a script in 2015 and then after they left Solo were In talks to direct the current ezra Miller flash.

I'd pay to see anything if the trailer is good honestly. Like despite any behind the scenes issues. If the trailer looks good I'm in. I mean that philosophy backfired on F4antastic four but I dont care. But with the sale of fox I doubt Gambit still happens as is. Maybe Disney will keep Tatum around though. Hell of they keep the Deadpool universe up and running let Tatum as gambit join there. Otherwise though I dont see this movie happening. Flash never really got moving so the constant director changes might not effect the final product anyway. I mean Antmans director change was more serious an that came out good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Ok finally had time to google it they wrote a script in 2015 and then after they left Solo were In talks to direct the current ezra Miller flash.

I'd pay to see anything if the trailer is good honestly. Like despite any behind the scenes issues. If the trailer looks good I'm in. I mean that philosophy backfired on F4antastic four but I dont care. But with the sale of fox I doubt Gambit still happens as is. Maybe Disney will keep Tatum around though. Hell of they keep the Deadpool universe up and running let Tatum as gambit join there. Otherwise though I dont see this movie happening. Flash never really got moving so the constant director changes might not effect the final product anyway. I mean Antmans director change was more serious an that came out good.
    Flash was about the only good thing to come out of Justice League so I really, really want this movie to happen and be good.

The sale of FOX hasn't officially happened yet, and it's still illegal for Disney and FOX to collaborate or to make any kind of release or production decisions in conjunction with one another. Not to say it's not happening behind the scenes, but they'd be in a huge mess if it was discovered.

BANNED

What’s going to be made first if any, Flash or Gambit?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    I imagine DC's Cyborg movie will get made before the Gambit one does. And that's coming from somebody who doesn't believe WB ever intends to make a Cyborg movie.

So Flash

Since when did Gambit become a DC character and be in a Warner Bros. movie? What does Gambit have to do with WB making a Flash movie? Or are you saying all movie studios are screwed up so Flash having problems
    isn't something unique to Warner Bros.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Flash is scheduled to start shooting in February 2019 and there have been no news reports that have contradicted this. While no start filming date has been announced for Gambit.
    So my guess is the Flash movie will be made first and probably hit theaters sometime in 2020.

BANNED

Since when did Gambit become a DC character and be in a Warner Bros. movie? What does Gambit have to do with WB making a Flash movie? Or are you saying all movie studios are screwed up so Flash having problems
    isn't something unique to Warner Bros.
    Ehm, you're the one that compared them.

BANNED

I think WB doesn’t support of DCEU. I don’t think they ever did.
    The DCEU was only started because of the success of the MCU.
    WB is throwing in the tile, MCU is the clear winner.
    They will sill make Wonder Woman and maybe Aquaman if it not a dud.
    Cavill’s Superman is gone, Affleck’s Batman is gone.
    A solo Flash and Cyborg movie probably not happening.

Ehm, you're the one that compared them.
    I think maybe I started the comparison but it's because both movies have had director troubles. Though Gambits not gonna happen imo and flash will eventually