Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    It's him goofing and not confirming nor denying, just like WB. They're deadlocked at the moment, and they're probably sitting back and watching people react to things, which they hope will translate into higher demand to keep Cavill on board
    WB said that no decision has been made and Cavill's manager flat out denied it. So we can now officially call this story bullshit.

Saw from the beginning because THR constantly puts out conjecture pieces about WB or the DCEU that almost never list a source and almost always turn out to be untrue

BANNED

the door is now closing on other potential Superman appearances.

That's because Warners has shifted its focus to a Supergirl movie, which will be an origin story featuring a teen superheroine. This effectively removes an actor of Cavill's age from the storyline's equation given that Superman, aka Kal-El, would be an infant, according to DC lore.
    This statement is just astonishing. There is no version of the story I'm aware of where Superman is an infant when Supergirl arrives on earth.

Still, I'm guessing that despite the back tracking on both sides this will end up being true. There's no way forward from the mess that's been made of this character, and this is the most positive indication yet that WB and DC films division is trying to take the franchise seriously. If nothing else, this is at least a good faith effort to fix something obviously broken. Whether they end up just breaking it differently remains to be seen,

BANNED

Henry Cavill is still around because he's doing mo-cap for the infant Kal-El

they had to grab the same moustache cameras out of the closet from Justice League

Anyone expect the Ben Affleck is out news to break first?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    WB said that no decision has been made and Cavill's manager flat out denied it. So we can now officially call this story bullshit.

Saw from the beginning because THR constantly puts out conjecture pieces about WB or the DCEU that almost never list a source and almost always turn out to be untrue
    I wouldn’t call the story BS since even other outlets like Variety are reporting this. I don’t see Superman as a priority for Warner’s right now since it’s likely they would want to give the character some rest for a while so while I don’t think Henry Cavil is immediately leaving the role I do think it’s a case in which the character will be retired by the studio for a bit in order to figure out the next direction.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Anyone expect the Ben Affleck is out news to break first?
    They won’t announce Affeck’s departure from the role but they will definitely announce who’s playing Batman which is as effective a sign as any that Affleck isn’t going to reprise the role.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Again, that "denial" means nothing, and I just explained why right above you

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I wouldn’t call the story BS since even other outlets like Variety are reporting this. I don’t see Superman as a priority for Warner’s right now since it’s likely they would want to give the character some rest for a while so while I don’t think Henry Cavil is immediately leaving the role I do think it’s a case in which the character will be retired by the studio for a bit in order to figure out the next direction.
    Is Variety actually doing independent reporting on this or are they just doing what CBR and Newsarama have done -- basically reposting the Deadline and THR stories?

Anyway, all these stories and resulting chatter about the inner turmoil at DC Films cast a pall on the entire operation. When people start talking about everything else except the actual movies, box office on the movies suffer -- especially when the talk is all negative and makes the brass at the studio look like incompetents. People just won't have faith in your product. There IS such a thing as bad publicity.
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 09-13-2018 at 08:38 AM.

BANNED

Ultimate Member

I don't know about other outlets but I always assumed the Hollywood Reporter is one of the most respected entertainment sites around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    They are reporting it because THR is reporting it. All you have to do is look at the sources. It's just one big chain that starts with THR or someone else making some big claim and never listing their source at all, and everyone listing them as their source for the same story, and then other sites listing those people as their sources for the story. Multiple sites reporting the same thing means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Again, that "denial" means nothing, and I just explained why right above you
    Thanks for the referral but it comes off as the typical "WB is in shambles" conspiracy theory. What is more likely is that THR caught onto how WB is prioritizing Supergirl as a character in future films and Henry Cavill may not be a part of it. It was misconstrued as WB is breaking ties with Cavill completely which was never the case.

A new Superman film starring Cavill could definitely happen and THAT is what Cavill was trying to say with that video. It isn't over, it's just about finding the right people to take on the project; besides, things are focused on Supergirl right now and Cavill has new commitments with the Witcher TV series; therefore the Superman franchise is on hold. However, Henry Cavill has not broken ties with Warner Bros. That simply is not a true statement.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I don't know about other outlets but I always assumed the Hollywood Reporter is one of the most respected entertainment sites around.
    They have a pretty bad track record of reporting falsities in the past few years. And most of that respect tanked during the Weinstein scandal

BANNED

First it’s Pine and Hemsworth in Star Trek.
    Now it’s Cavell.
    The actors are getting out of these bad multi movies contracts.
    A lot of these actors sign these bad deals when they were young and struggling actors.
    The studios took advantage of them. Chris Evans, good example.

Bruce Campbell said it all in this article:
    https://screenrant.com/superhero-mov...ruce-campbell/
    Last edited by Raiders; 09-13-2018 at 10:28 AM.

BANNED

TMZ claiming they have sources (which they won't name) telling them there's no drama. How does this make them any better than THR?

https://www.tmz.com/2018/09/13/henry...er-bros-money/

I still think he was trying to negotiate to get a Superman movie going asap.