Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

On another note, prioritizing Supergirl does make sense given how successful Wonder Woman was. The super-female flick is something both DC and Marvel seem to be eyeballing for the future.

If you're going to do a sort of hand off to Super Girl, I would think you would at least do another Superman movie with her in it THEN give her a movie. Sort of like how Spider-Man and Black Panther showed up in Civil War. I think that's how you should do a shared universe. Maybe even do a variation of Loebs Worlds Finest story back in the day with Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. Then give Supergirl her big push after her debut.

BANNED

Who going to take his place?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Who going to take his place?
    Supergirl according to the THR and WB will recast a few years down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If you're going to do a sort of hand off to Super Girl, I would think you would at least do another Superman movie with her in it THEN give her a movie. Sort of like how Spider-Man and Black Panther showed up in Civil War. I think that's how you should do a shared universe. Maybe even do a variation of Loebs Worlds Finest story back in the day with Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. Then give Supergirl her big push after her debut.
    WB probably doesn't want to over complicate things. The whole point of a Supergirl movie is because they have no plans to do a Superman movie. And it doesn't seem like Warner Bros.
    is going for a shared universe anymore anyway. It sounds like they are more going for stand alone movies that at most reference the other movies. Superman making a cameo in the
    Shazam movie, for example, but the that is even being cut out of the movie so it looks like Shazam will truly stand on its own without the need for Shazam to be introduced in any
    previous movie or tied to any other movie. If they can do a stand alone Shazam movie, they should be creative enough to do a stand alone Supergirl movie.

And there are ways to do a Supergirl movie that don't require a major Superman presence. Think about how the TV show did it. She got sent to Earth along with Kal-El but Kal-El got there ahead
    of her and so she just muddled along on her own until she became Supergirl for reasons totally unrelated to Superman.

The movie will probably give her some sort of origin story that doesn't require Superman to have any great involvement. It doesn't even have to be Superman finding her pod like on the TV show.
    Eliza and Jeremiah Danvers could find the pod all on their own, like Jonathan and Martha did with Clark. Or even reboot the 1984 Supergirl movie where she is living in Argo City and for some reason
    she has to come to Earth. That basic part of the movie wasn't a bad idea. It was the ludicrous villain and the cheesy dialogue that killed the movie.

First it’s Pine and Hemsworth in Star Trek.
    Now it’s Cavell.
    The actors are getting out of these bad multi movies contracts.
    A lot of these actors sign these bad deals when they were young and struggling actors.
    The studios took advantage of them. Chris Evans, good example.

Bruce Campbell said it all in this article:
    https://screenrant.com/superhero-mov...ruce-campbell/
    What? Chris Evan's has to be thanking god for marvel. Yea he got 300k for the first film but he was unproven as a leading man. Now hes making more money then he ever imagined and genuinely enjoys these movies. Evan's RDJ Hemsworth all are blessed by these movies. RDJ was able to become respected again and the other two had their careers jump started. Evan's was comedy relief prior.

Also of canvil doesnt sign a multi picture deal maybe he gets recast prior to BvS because MoS reception was Luke warm. Not likely but these deals aren't strictly in the Studios favor. Also GOTG 3 gets cancelled that cast still getting paid a nice penny. Taking a small check for your first appearance isnt bad if your unproven actor. Even wasnt cleaning up prior to Cap or Gadot prior to WW.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 09-13-2018 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    DC(Warner) doesn't know the meaning of buildup, like, at all. Their second movie ever on the shared universe was BvS... They did Batman vs Superman without even introducing Batman before it. And they also shoehorned the whole Justice League into that. Then they introduced Joker as a Harley supporting character on Suicide Squad before he was even seen with Batman.

BANNED

Bruce Campbell said it all in this article:
    https://screenrant.com/superhero-mov...ruce-campbell/
    "Big blockbuster movies, whenever I see an actor get cast in one of those, I wince, because I go, 'Oh, that poor son of a bitch is going to be in that suit for 10 years.'"
    Says the guy who has been playing Ash for 37 years now...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    What? Chris Evan's has to be thanking god for marvel. Yea he got 300k for the first film but he was unproven as a leading man. Now hes making more money then he ever imagined and genuinely enjoys these movies. Evan's RDJ Hemsworth all are blessed by these movies. RDJ was able to become respected again and the other two had their careers jump started. Evan's was comedy relief prior.

Also of canvil doesnt sign a multi picture deal maybe he gets recast prior to BvS because MoS reception was Luke warm. Not likely but these deals aren't strictly in the Studios favor. Also GOTG 3 gets cancelled that cast still getting paid a nice penny. Taking a small check for your first appearance isnt bad if your unproven actor. Even wasnt cleaning up prior to Cap or Gadot prior to WW.
    Actually Chris Evans has been trying to renegotiate his contract for years.
    As for GOTG cast, some people on this forum is saying they will get paid big money if it is cancelled. But that’s just wishful thinking. The fact is no one really knows, because we don’t know the details of each actor’s contract.
    These contract are in favour the studios.
    The studios hires high price attorneys to write up these contracts that favor them, if an actor doesn’t agree to the contract, they will find another actor that will agree.
    Last edited by Raiders; 09-13-2018 at 01:53 PM.

Now this conversation is making me wonder if all the Ghostbuster girls (and guy) are getting paid for movies that are never going to get made.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Now this conversation is making me wonder if all the Ghostbuster girls (and guy) are getting paid for movies that are never going to get made.
    It depends on each actor’s contract.
    We’ll never know.

Actually Chris Evans has been trying to renegotiate his contract for years.
    As for GOTG cast, some people on this forum is saying they will get paid big money if it is cancelled. But that’s just wishful thinking. The fact is no one really knows, because we don’t know the details of each actor’s contract.
    These contract are in favour the studios.
    The studios hires high price attorneys to write up these contracts that favor them, if an actor doesn’t agree to the contract, they will find another actor that will agree.
    Actors have lawyers and agents aswell. And have more leverage then u think. RdJ gets huge backend cuts because he has a good contract. I doubt the Guardians actors get 100% the pay but they are a getting a huge chunk of it regardless. All that said I bet the movie still gets made anyway. Bautista the only one who would have to been killed off everyone else has siss they peice and are moving on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    They probaly had an option and since a sequel was never put into production before a certain date they probaly dont get nothing. But who knows. The marvel movies are different they aren't only certain about sequels they know they have guest appearances to make. Plus they are long term deals you gotta throw guaranteed money in there to get these actor to agree to be locked down that long. Ghost busters no so much.

Astonishing Member

Please pay off Spider-Flash and never make a movie with that kid (no offense to the actor) atrocity of a Barry Allen. Also, an origin story for Kara - I'll wait until the movie is on free TV or basic cable. I'd give her origin 5 minutes.

If they went Kara Zor L instead, I wouldn't complain. But really the time to do that would have been during the 1980s. Not sure you could be boob-y and campy enough to make it work, in today's socio-political climate.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Actors have lawyers and agents aswell. And have more leverage then u think. RdJ gets huge backend cuts because he has a good contract. I doubt the Guardians actors get 100% the pay but they are a getting a huge chunk of it regardless. All that said I bet the movie still gets made anyway. Bautista the only one who would have to been killed off everyone else has siss they peice and are moving on.

They probaly had an option and since a sequel was never put into production before a certain date they probaly dont get nothing. But who knows. The marvel movies are different they aren't only certain about sequels they know they have guest appearances to make. Plus they are long term deals you gotta throw guaranteed money in there to get these actor to agree to be locked down that long. Ghost busters no so much.
    Yes, actors have lawyers and agent too, but they are not as skilled as the lawyers a billion dollar studio can afford.
    Again with GOTG, we don’t know because we don’t know what the actors was willing to sign.