Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Yes, actors have lawyers and agent too, but they are not as skilled as the lawyers a billion dollar studio can afford.
    And because they have those superlawyers they do not have the kind of contracts you imagine, and that a court of law would hilariously laugh at.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And because they have those superlawyers they do not have the kind of contracts you imagine, and that a court of law would hilariously laugh at.
    Could you please reword?

Could you please reword?
    Actors have lawyers, agents, and a manager to look over contracts to guarantee their client doesn't get screwed. Contracts are meant to protect both parties. You think CBS wants to pay Les Moonves potentially up to 120 million dollars severance package with all the bad press he's now caused them? No but he has a contract.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Actors have lawyers, agents, and a manager to look over contracts to guarantee their client doesn't get screwed. Contracts are meant to protect both parties. You think CBS wants to pay Les Moonves potentially up to 120 million dollars severance package with all the bad press he's now caused them? No but he has a contract.
    I understand what you’re saying.
    But Moonves was also an employees of CBS, not a contract worker, per se.
    Actors are not employees, they are only contract workers, very different.
    Contract workers don’t get the same benefits as an employee would get, unless it in their contract.

Sometime people will sign a contract that favours the company.
    A young struggling actor and their agent will sign this type of contract because the actor needs the work, the experience and the exposure.
    The studios are basically taking advantage of the actor’s situation.
    The Evil Mouse is known for this practice.

Cavell, Pine and Hemsworth was smart for finding ways out of their bad contracts.
    Last edited by Raiders; 09-13-2018 at 08:12 PM.

I understand what you’re saying.
    But Moonves was also an employees of CBS, not a contract worker, per se.
    Actors are not employees, they are only contract workers, very different.
    Contract workers don’t get the same benefits as an employee would get, unless it in their contract.

Sometime people will sign a contract that favours the company.
    A young struggling actor and their agent will sign this type of contract because the actor needs the work, the experience and the exposure.
    The studios are basically taking advantage of the actor’s situation.
    The Evil Mouse is known for this practice.

Cavell, Pine and Hemsworth was smart for finding ways out of their bad contracts.
    Hemsoworth was a nobody and now hes making million everytime thor pops up. Sounds like a good deal to me. And his career is starting to take off. Dont pretend these deal dont make sense

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Hemsoworth was a nobody and now hes making million everytime thor pops up. Sounds like a good deal to me. And his career is starting to take off. Dont pretend these deal dont make sense
    I never said these deal don’t make sense (don’t put words in my mouth). You misunderstood me, I’m not saying signing these bad contracts are terrible for a young and struggling actor.
    I’m saying they sign them for the work, experience and the exposure, I don’t see anything wrong with that.
    My problem is with the studios for not giving these actors more.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    I still think he was trying to negotiate to get a Superman movie going asap.
    I think this is a part of it. Cavill has been a good solider for a while now and played ball with the WB, and now that his stock is rising he is tired of it. Either get something going or I am out of here which to be fair if I was him I would be thinking the same thing. Cavill is not blind. He knows probably better than the rest of us just how much of a clusterfuck the WB is when it comes to DC movies, and he is probably just tired of dealing with it.

If I was Cavill the minute they started talking about doing a Supergirl movie while still no word at all on a MoS II I would have said "Thats it screw you all I'm done" and walked

BANNED

I’m happy for Cavell, he made the right move.

BANNED

I’m happy for Cavell, he made the right move.
    Again--it's completely unconfirmed whether or not Cavill is leaving the role

I feel like that's being understated even though I'm open to any discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post

Nobody has flat out said this story is untrue and that's the most damning thing.

BANNED

No flat out denial from either side.
    Sounds like Cavill is trying to renegotiate his contract.
    I hope he will be successful.
    Last edited by Raiders; 09-15-2018 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post

In the short term at least, I suppose if there's no Superman movie even being made anyways it's sort of moot whether or not he's leaving the role since there's no role to be filled.

It's too bad if he leaves. He has the look, and it felt like they were finally writing Superman right in the last act of Justice League.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Nobody has flat out said this story is untrue and that's the most damning thing.
    “Warner has been and continues to be our partners as they evolve the DC Universe" is the closest you're gonna get

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In the short term at least, I suppose if there's no Superman movie even being made anyways it's sort of moot whether or not he's leaving the role since there's no role to be filled.
    Exactly.

For me, what stands out is the fact there no plans at all for a Superman movie anytime soon.