Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    They want Supergirl to take place in the 70s for some stupid reason, pre-dating Superman. All so they don't have to deal with Cavill or the character when logically he should be around.
    Yeah, I'm sure that's absolutely the only reason imaginable to set something in the 70's.

Still not sure how young Kal-El, who was born in 1980, figures into any of this.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure that's absolutely the only reason imaginable to set something in the 70's.
    70s or whenever, they seem to want a story with a reason for Henry Cavill or Superman not to be around. You think we'd be getting a period piece Supergirl film if things were going well with Superman in the present day?

Though like you say, this time period will likely mean Kal-El isn't born yet...which means Krypton's not even destroyed?

Speaking of people being around while others are, if Wonder Woman's movie is set in the 80s then...?

Or is that the reason they're pushing this "World's of DC" initiative; so they can make random movies that aren't in the same continuity? Like Phoenix's Joker movie.

70s or whenever, they seem to want a story with a reason for Henry Cavill or Superman not to be around. You think we'd be getting a period piece Supergirl film if things were going well with Superman in the present day?

Though like you say, this time period will likely mean Kal-El isn't born yet...which means Krypton's not even destroyed?
    Some reports say Kal-El will be an infant. So maybe Kara does't get stuck in a time loop and gets to Earth the same time as Kal-El.

BANNED

If they don't want Supergirl to be overshadowed by her older cousin who recently saved the world from aliens? Or be compared to the tv show that is also set in the present? Absolutely.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    If they don't want Supergirl to be overshadowed by her older cousin who recently saved the world from aliens? Or be compared to the tv show that is also set in the present? Absolutely.
    There are ways to avoid comparisons to the show without changing when it takes places. They didn't put Barry in the 70s or something to avoid comparisons to his show. DCEU Flash didn't fail because he's in the present like show Barry.

BANNED

There are ways to avoid comparisons to the show without changing when it takes places. They didn't put Barry in the 70s or something to avoid comparisons to his show. DCEU Flash didn't fail because he's in the present like show Barry.
    DCCU Barry hasn't substantially happened yet. Indications are there are no immediate plans to make it happen.

Good Lord. I think this is the camel that broke the camel's back for me and DC film verse or World's of DC or whatever the heck they're calling it. I've been keeping the faith that they would do something spectacular with my fav DC character Supes but once again the execs at WB have drop the ball for like what the third or fourth time. Usually it's three strikes but I gave them another shot and boom nothing.

Why let Cavill go, I liked him in Man of Steel in spite of some questionable choices brought on by the Director and Writers but still though I believe if given a script that is actually good He would be amazing.

But now they just want to scuttle everything and put all hope Gal Gadot and Mamoa. That's fine and everything especially for the fans of those characters but what about Supes fans. NOw once again, it feels like we're being pushed aside in favor of 'easier' characters. Instead of actually sitting down and mapping out a plan. That's what started all of this, there was no plan to begin with, that's why Marvel is just crapping all over DC movies.

Marvel had a plan since day one, and they have been reaping the benefits of that plan. In the words of Hannibal SMith...I love it when a plan comes together.

This is a huge blow and I think WB should not make another movie until they figure out what the plan should be moving forward and whatever those plans are it should definitely include Superman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    DCCU Barry hasn't substantially happened yet. Indications are there are no immediate plans to make it happen.
    Is the DCEU falling apart like the Dark Universe?
    Aquaman better not be a dud.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    Good Lord. I think this is the camel that broke the camel's back for me and DC film verse or World's of DC or whatever the heck they're calling it. I've been keeping the faith that they would do something spectacular with my fav DC character Supes but once again the execs at WB have drop the ball for like what the third or fourth time. Usually it's three strikes but I gave them another shot and boom nothing.

Why let Cavill go, I liked him in Man of Steel in spite of some questionable choices brought on by the Director and Writers but still though I believe if given a script that is actually good He would be amazing.

But now they just want to scuttle everything and put all hope Gal Gadot and Mamoa. That's fine and everything especially for the fans of those characters but what about Supes fans. NOw once again, it feels like we're being pushed aside in favor of 'easier' characters. Instead of actually sitting down and mapping out a plan. That's what started all of this, there was no plan to begin with, that's why Marvel is just crapping all over DC movies.

Marvel had a plan since day one, and they have been reaping the benefits of that plan. In the words of Hannibal SMith...I love it when a plan comes together.

This is a huge blow and I think WB should not make another movie until they figure out what the plan should be moving forward and whatever those plans are it should definitely include Superman
    I love the MCU but they had an idea they havent planned everything out. But they have feigie overseeing everything and at this point if hes involved I have every confidence it will be a fun movie at worst. But yea some of the stuff hasnt added up but they handle it well. Like they wanted to have Thanos forge his own gauntlet so they say the one in Assgard is a fake with a quick joke in ragnarok. Thanos original plans I guarantee changed. Cause infinity war Thanos was Greta and it makes no sense he would give up one of the Stones to Loki to attack earth. I dont see Infinitt war Thanos letting anyone else wield one let alone Loki lol. But the way they adjust they're plans always makes enough sense that it works. That's all Fiegie imo. I think Fieige was the right guy for the Job while Snyder was not. And I dont snyder I love 300 and I'm not ashamed to admit it..

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Aren't they supposed to start filming Flash in early 2019, some reports say in February 2019? I guess it depends on how one defines immediate.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ng-early-2019/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Aren't they supposed to start filming Flash in early 2019, some reports say in February 2019? I guess it depends on how one defines immediate.

Let's keep a good thought on that

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post

I believe it when it starts. That and the Tatum Gambit movie cant keep a director for ****. Was Gambit like weeks away from filming when the last director dropped out? Lol and Flash has gone through more director then I can keep track of.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I believe it when it starts. That and the Tatum Gambit movie cant keep a director for ****. Was Gambit like weeks away from filming when the last director dropped out? Lol and Flash has gone through more director then I can keep track of.
    Originally Seth Grahame-Smith
    Then Rick Famuyiwa
    Currently John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein

Lots of movies lose a director or two along the way before they get made. Originally Joss Whedon was going to direct Wonder Woman. Then Michelle MacLaren dropped out of Wonder Woman and people panicked.
    Finally Patty Jenkins came on board and Wonder Woman was wonderful. Sounds like history is repeating itself. A movie loses a director or two and the sky is falling.

Read the comments on this article. Eerie how history repeats itself. Yeah, WB was going to F-up Wonder Woman because WW lost her director.

https://variety.com/2015/film/news/w...ticle-comments
    Last edited by Osiris-Rex; 09-19-2018 at 09:52 AM.