Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    He wanted more money and refused to do a cameo on Shazam. Guessing playing Superman wasn't enough for him.
    After Justice League who could blame him? He would need a really good reason to stick around and be on call for the role. That good reason either is a Superman film currently in production or more money to offset putting other roles and opportunities on hold.

They didn't want to do either, so the guy moved on to the next thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, HARD rejection on that one. Jonathan and Martha are Clark's inspirations in regards to tangible people, not another earlier superhero, I don't care how its spun.
    Agreed. That idea is blasphemy. Stop trying to make Kara more special than she should be. It's the same sh!t the CW just did in S2 with Clark telling Kara she is the better hero. Yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    More like playing this version of Superman under their creative direction hasn't worked out for him. He wants to play Superman, but the reality of the situation is the studio has jerked him and the character around and they have no plans to change the situation.
    yeah, I believe Henry and his manager want more creative control on Superman in the movies, because WB have proven to have no idea what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Agreed. That idea is blasphemy. Stop trying to make Kara more special than she should be. It's the same sh!t the CW just did in S2 with Clark telling Kara she is the better hero. Yuck.
    WOW

10char

WOW

10char
    what do you mean?

what do you mean?
    You're basically implying that there's a ceiling on how important Kara should be, whereas we wouldn't make a comment like this about a character like Batman.

Keep in mind I don't care about Kara, but even I think that your comment is a bit harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    You're basically implying that there's a ceiling on how important Kara should be, whereas we wouldn't make a comment like this about a character like Batman.

Keep in mind I don't care about Kara, but even I think that your comment is a bit harsh.
    Should Robin or Knigth Wing ever surpass Batman? Would that ever happen?
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Should Robin or Knigth Wing ever surpass Batman? Would that ever happen?
    I would say no, but just to be polite to Robin and Nightwing fans, I wouldn't imply there's a cap on how important they should be.

I would say no, but just to be polite to Robin and Nightwing fans, I wouldn't imply there's a cap on how important they should be.
    I agree and I should also at least try to spell their names correctly lol. Nightwing... That is :P
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Kara IS special and should be promoted. Much like with Nightwing or Batgirl though there should be no mistaking who the central figure is. Beyond that there is no reason to put a cap on her.

Having issues with WB possibly changing the story so that Kara precedes Superman is not putting a cap on her. That's just how the franchise is set up, and how the lore is. They have no justifiable need to do this. They can set it in the present day and have the characters interact. She gains something, but he becomes a legacy to his own damn legacy character. They would never do that with Batman. Hell in a mainstream production? They haven't and likely would not do it with Wonder Woman either

Well in this case, trying to make Kara the central figure in the Superman mythos is going too far. Also Clark telling her she is a better hero is a huge disrespect to the Superman character in my book. That's what I call trying to make her more special than she should be. She can be a great hero on her own and loved by many, but trying to make her more important than Superman is not acceptable and I have no problem saying it.

Master Hero Vladimir

Well in this case, trying to make Kara the central figure in the Superman mythos is going too far. Also Clark telling her she is a better hero is a huge disrespect to the Superman character in my book. That's what I call trying to make her more special than she should be. She can be a great hero on her own and loved by many, but trying to make her more important than Superman is not acceptable and I have no problem saying it.
    That would be like saying that Dick Grayson is better than Bruce or Donna Troy is better than Diana. There's a line that shouldn't be crossed when comparing veterans and newcomers, and the Supergirl show crossed it when saying Kara was better than Clark. I lost a huge amount of respect for the show when that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    That would be like saying that Dick Grayson is better than Bruce or Donna Troy is better than Diana. There's a line that shouldn't be crossed when comparing veterans and newcomers, and the Supergirl show crossed it when saying Kara was better than Clark. I lost a huge amount of respect for the show when that happened.
    Question: How long does it take for "newcomer" to become a "veteran"?
    Last edited by Flashback; 09-16-2018 at 09:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

More than 2 seasons of a TV show. Especially when compared to a hero that according to said show was already an established hero over 12 years before,

Master Hero Vladimir

I don't know. I guess until they become famous enough to headline their own TV show. The point is that Clark, Bruce and Diana are the legendary Trinity for a reason. They are the golden standard by which all DC superheroes are measured. If a newcomer somehow became greater than them, then that would mean their legend diminishes and people would start taking those heroes for grant; which, from a marketing perspective, is something DC cannot risk happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    More than 2 seasons of a TV show. Especially when compared to a hero that according to said show was already an established hero over 12 years before,
    So Supergirl is now considered a "veteran" by your standard since she's on her forth now?

Quote Originally Posted by HeroVladimir93 View Post
    I don't know. I guess until they become famous enough to headline their own TV show. The point is that Clark, Bruce and Diana are the legendary Trinity for a reason. They are the golden standard by which all DC superheroes are measured. If a newcomer somehow became greater than them, then that would mean their legend diminishes and people would start taking those heroes for grant; which, from a marketing perspective, is something DC cannot risk happening.
    Nightwing and Donna are "newcomers" but what about the JSA who in comics (post crisis) were said to be the golden standard?