Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Cavill no longer will play Superman according to Hollywood Reporter.

Developing news:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ake-up-1142306

Up, up and away!

Not surprised. That’s the final nail in the Snyderverse. I just hope they recast and make another Superman movie before I’m 70 years old. I can’t believe how badly Snyder and WB messed up Superman.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I think we already knew this, but we were in denial to accept it.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I think we already knew this, but we were in denial to accept it.
    Yup. Pretty much.

BANNED

Yeah, this was inevitable after the success of Fallout and his casting in The Witcher. Guy's gotta want to eat.

Such a shame. A note perfect actor let down by his movies.

Spectacular Member Nightcrawler92's Avatar

They are screwed. I se them keeping Momoa, Miller, Fisher, and Gal Gatod for obvious reasons but a new Batman AND Superman? Jeezus...

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Question1987 View Post
    They are screwed. I se them keeping Momoa, Miller, Fisher, and Gal Gatod for obvious reasons but a new Batman AND Superman? Jeezus...
    They might keep Fisher, but there’s a solid chance they won’t ever use him again unless JL2 comes sooner than any of us expect.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

So another decade until we have another Superman then!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I legitimately didn't expect to hear this because keeping Cavill just seemed like an obvious move. And really, an effort to replace him and retool the line without him will take some years.

It's disappointing in that he seems like a cool dude, but it's probably not devastating to him. I mean he's not so attached that he would shave his mustache

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I legitimately didn't expect to hear this because keeping Cavill just seemed like an obvious move. And really, an effort to replace him and retool the line without him will take some years.

It's disappointing in that he seems like a cool dude, but it's probably not devastating to him. I mean he's not so attached that he would shave his mustache
    His Fallout contract wouldn't allow him to shave.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I think they are pretty much done with the DCEU at this point. Affleck's not coming back, Cavill's not coming back. Gadot's the only one to have a truly popular film from this universe. The smart thing to do would be to just close up shop and start from scratch. Maybe make this the WW universe or something where other heroes exist, we just don't get to see them. IDK. They've already opened the door to alternate universe versions with the Joker movie so who knows. And they are making a Supergirl film with baby Kal in it so there's at least an open door there. It's been over five years since MOS and there isn't really a sequel on the horizon so I can't say I'm too surprised. They seem to treat him as "we'll call you when we need you". He got all of, what, ten minutes of screen time in JL? Not being a big fan of this universe, I can't say I'm sorry to see him go. On the plus side, this might mean we get more screen time for the Supergirl version of Superman! So who knows.
    Assassinate Putin!

Master Hero Vladimir

I am very disappointed by this, but I can't blame Henry for not wanting to return. WB has been sitting around and not doing anything with Superman in recent years, and Henry, being a confirmed Superman fan, is obviously not gonna accept that. Henry deserves better, Superman deserves better. This is the exact same thing that happened when Andrew Garfield was playing Spider-Man. Sony screwed the Spider-Man saga and decided to reboot it all, not caring if the lead actor did a good job. Goodbye, Henry. I hope your new job treats better than the last one did.

Astonishing Member

Superman is a hard part to cast as you need someone big, who can act and play the different sides of the character.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Damn, WB.

I needed this interaction.

I truly don't understand how WB/DC/Snyder/whoever botched this so badly.

Makes you appreciate what MCU has done and hell... makes you appreciate what Fox has been able to do as well
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html